Bundesliga Opta Facts: 17-19 April
Use Opta Facts to help you with your betting on the German Bundesliga this weekend.
Brought to you Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, our weekly Opta Facts bring you the key statistics to help you make an informed bet.
FC Schalke 04 v Cottbus
- Cottbus have never scored a goal in Schalke. All five of their visits there have ended in defeat, with Schalke scoring 15 unanswered goals.
- None of the 11 Bundesliga games between these two have ended in a draw (eight wins for Schalke, three for Cottbus).
- Schalke have won six of their last seven games against Energie (one defeat).
- Kuranyi and Farfan have scored Schalke's last six goals (three each). Farfan has scored in each of their last three games, after going 10 games without a goal.
- After five consecutive defeats, Cottbus managed their third win in 2009 last weekend with a victory over Bielefeld.
Bielefeld v Bayern München
- Arminia have lost their last four matches against the current title-holders, scoring just one goal in the process.
- None of the past 10 competitive matches between the two teams have ended in a draw (eight wins for Bayern, two for Bielefeld).
- Arminia haven't won any of their last six home games (four draws, two defeats) - the last time the Blues strung together an equally long run on their own ground was more than two years ago (seven matches without a win).
- Frontzeck's men have picked up the fewest victories in the league at home (two) and as a result are the league's worst home side with a haul of only 12 points at the Bielefelder Alm.
Köln v Stuttgart
- Cologne are undefeated in their last eleven encounters with Stuttgart (five wins, six draws).
- The last three encounters between the two teams at Cologne ended in draws - two of them goalless.
- Cologne have lost four of their last five games (one win).
- Stuttgart have won five of their last six in the league.
- Nine of the Swabians' last 10 goals have come in the second half.
VfL Wolfsburg v Leverkusen
- Wolfsburg have only won one of their last six games against Leverkusen (three defeats, two draws).
- There has not been a goalless draw in any of the 23 meetings between the two sides. Leverkusen have not conceded more than once in any of their last six games.
- Wolfsfburg are the only team with an overall positive record in matches in which they have conceded first, ending with four wins and just three defeats.
- Grafite has scored more goals this season than any other Wolfsburg player in history (20). Edin Dzeko (16 goals) has also broken the previous record, set in 2003/4 by Diego Klimowicz (15).
VfL Bochum v Borussia Dortmund
- Bochum have won only one of their last eight games against Dortmund (three losses, four draws).
- In 2009 Bochum have won one point more than Bayern and would be fourth if the league had started on January 1st with 17 points.
- However, VfL have lost their last two at home.
- Dortmund are the third-best team in away games (19 points out of 13 games).
Eintracht Frankfurt v Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Frankfurt are unbeaten in their last three games against Mönchengladbach (two wins).
- Gladbach have taken four points from their last two away games.
- Frankfurt have won just one of their last five home games (the last one against Cottbus, 2-1).
- All but one of the seven goals Frankfurt have conceded in their last four games have come in the first half. The other was in the 48th minute.
Karlsruher SC v 1899 Hoffenheim
- Hoffenheim are the second-worst team in 2009, taking just nine points.
- Karlsruhe are the only side to have performed worse in this period, managing only five points since the winter break.
- Both teams have been without a win longer than any other BL side (Hoffenheim nine games, Karlsruhe eight).
- Karlsruhe are without a goal in their last eight games, a period amounting to twelve hours of football.
Hertha BSC Berlin v Werder Bremen
- All of the last five fixtures between Hertha and Werder have been won by the Hanseatics.
- Hertha have lost more matches against Bremen (28) than any other Bundesliga side.
- Berlin have lost their last three matches in a row. They haven't lost four consecutive games since Lucien Favre took over as manager.
- Werder Bremen haven't been behind at half-time in any of their last 20 league matches.
- Bremen have only conceded three goals in their last six league matches. Every other BL team has conceded at least five.
Hamburger SV v Hannover 96
- Hamburg have won only one of their last twelve league games against Hannover (seven losses).
- Hannover are unbeaten in their last five games at Hamburg (two wins).
- The last three encounters between the two teams at Hamburg have ended with the honours even.
- However Hamburg have not drawn in their last twelve games - the longest run in the league.
- 96 is the only club without an away win and, with just two away points, they are the worst team on the road. The club has now gone 15 matches without an away win (the longest run in the league).