Bundesliga Opta Facts - 19-21 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Gladbach v Wolfsburg
- Gladbach are unbeaten in their last six Bundesliga games (four wins, two draws).
- Gladbach have won five of their last seven home games in the league (one draw, one loss).
- Since Lucien Favre took over the helm at Gladbach in February, the Foals have only conceded ten goals in 14 BL games. The last time they conceded more than one in a league game was in February at Wolfsburg (1-2).
- With a win, each of the two teams (who both narrowly avoided relegation last season) could become table-toppers for at least one night.
- Wolfsburg have lost none of their last seven meetings with Gladbach, winning six (one draw).
- Wolfsburg have won their last three away games in the league and could establish a new team record with a fourth in a row.
Dortmund v Nürnberg
- Dortmund haven't been beaten at home in 17 games now, with their last loss coming in their league home opener of last season against Leverkusen (0-2) - almost exactly a year ago (Aug 22, 2010).
- In the two teams' latest meeting at Dortmund, in April of this year, the hosts prevailed 2-0 and secured their German championship with that win.
- Dortmund have lost only one of the two teams last 22 meetings in the league (13 wins, eight draws).
- The last time Nürnberg celebrated a victory at Dortmund was more than 20 years ago - in November 1990 they won 2-0.
- Nürnberg won their first away game this season 1-0 at Berlin, restricting Hertha to zero shots on target.
- Nürnberg have won only one of their last six league games (one draw, four losses).
Bayern v Hamburg
- Bayern's 0-1 loss in this season's home opener against Gladbach was the first time since September 2010 (0-0 against Köln) that the team went scoreless in a league game at home. They have never lost their first two home games of a league season.
- Bayern have only lost one of their last 11 BL games (eight wins, two draws), not allowing their opponents more than one goal in any of these 11 games.
- Bayern haven't conceded a BL goal against Hamburg for 288 minutes now - they have kept a clean sheet in the two teams' last three meetings.
- Hamburg's 0-6 drubbing in the most recent meeting at Munich in March of this year led to the sacking of former manager Armin Veh and the instalment of current manager Michael Oenning.
- Hamburg are the only Bundesliga team to have won two games at Allianz Arena - they were also the team to hand Bayern their first defeat in the new arena (1-2 in March 2006).
- Hamburg are winless in nine BL games (six draws, three defeats). Their last win came back in April when they beat Köln 3-0 on the road.
Bremen v Freiburg
- Bremen have alternated wins and losses for six games - if this pattern continues, they will win against Freiburg.
- Bremen have only won two of their last nine BL home games (five draws, two losses) - but these were the most recent two.
- Bremen are unbeaten in their last nine meetings with Freiburg, winning eight (one draw).
- Freiburg have conceded 33 goals in the two teams' last nine meetings - an average of 3.7 per game. Freiburg have also suffered two of their three biggest BL losses against Bremen - 0-6 at home in 2004 and 2009, respectively (apart from a 0-6 against Bayern in 2003).
- Freiburg have only kept one clean sheet in their last 15 BL games.
Stuttgart v Leverkusen
- Stuttgart have won six of their last eight competitive games, five of their last seven BL games (one draw, one loss), and all of their last three BL home games.
- Stuttgart have found the net in each of their last 16 BL games - currently the longest run in the league.
- Last season, Stuttgart conceded four goals in both league meetings against Leverkusen (1-4 H, 2-4 A) - they have conceded 20 in the two teams' last seven meetings, an average of 2.9.
- Leverkusen have won more BL games against Stuttgart (26) than against any other team.
- Leverkusen's new manager Robin Dutt won both meetings with Stuttgart last season, with his former club Freiburg (2-1 H, 1-0 A).
- Leverkusen have lost four of their last five competitive games on the road (one win).
Augsburg v Hoffenheim
- Spanning seasons (and leagues), Augsburg have won only one of their last six league games (three draws, two losses).
- Spanning seasons (and leagues), Augsburg have only won one of their last four league home games (two draws, one loss).
- Hoffenheim are unbeaten in their last three competitive games against Augsburg (two wins, one draw).
- Hoffenheim have lost six of their last seven away games in the league (one win).
- New Hoffenheim manager Holger Stanislawski has been waiting for a BL away win for more than half a year now - he recorded only one draw (seven losses) in his former club St. Pauli's last eight away games of last season, and lost the first of this season with Hoffenheim.
- 1899 have lost four of their last six BL games (two wins).
Köln v Kaiserslautern
- Köln are off to their worst ever Bundesliga start, losing both opening games by a combined total of 1-8 goals.
- After winning eight of their nine home games (one loss) in the second half of last season, Köln lost their home opener this season 0-3 against Wolfsburg.
- Köln are winless in their last 24 Bundesliga meetings with Kaiserslautern, losing 18 (six draws) - their last victory came in December 1989 (2-1).
- Kaiserslautern have won four of their five BL away games (one loss, this season's opener at Bremen).
- Lautern have won four of their last six league games (one loss).
- Lautern's manager Marco Kurz is unbeaten in five competitive games against Köln (two wins, three draws).
Mainz v Schalke
- Mainz have won their last five games in the German top flight and are unbeaten in seven BL games - currently the longest run in the league.
- Mainz have not conceded more than one goal in any of their last seven BL games.
- Mainz' 3-1 win at Schalke on matchday 33 of last season had been their first win in the two teams' last six meetings (one draw, four losses), and the first time they had found the net in league games against Schalke after going scoreless for 577 minutes.
- Schalke have conceded 13 goals in their last five BL games.
- Schalke have won only one of their last nine away games in the league (two draws, six losses).
Hannover v Berlin
- Hannover have won seven of their last eight BL home games (one loss).
- Hannover have won only one of the teams' last six meetings (one draw, four losses).
- Berlin won both of the two teams' meetings in Hertha's last season before their relegation 2010, 1-0 at home and 3-0 at Hannover.
- Last season, Hertha didn't lose any of their final 10 away games in Bundesliga 2 (eight wins, two draws). Their last defeat on the road came back in December 2010 when they lost 1-0 at 1860 München.
- Hertha have also not lost any of their last five BL away games (two wins, three draws).
- But Berlin are winless in their last seven BL games (three draws, four defeats).