Bundesliga Opta Facts - 21-23 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bochum v Hertha
- Hertha haven't lost any of their last 11 matches against Bochum; however, six of those have resulted in a draw.
- Hertha had the upper hand in both meetings (3-2, 2-0) last season.
- Other than Berlin, Stuttgart are the only team against which Bochum failed to score any points against last season – a 0-2 loss on the road was followed by a 1-2 defeat on home turf.
- The 2002/03 campaign marked the last time that Bochum were victorious at home against Hertha. Wosz, Freier and Gudjonsson contributed the goals in the 3-0 win.
- Lucien Favre has yet to lose against Bochum - Berlin's head coach has picked up 10 points in 4 matches.
Dortmund v Stuttgart
- Borussia have won three of their last four fixtures against VfB, however, following a 3-0 victory at Dortmund's Signal Iduna Park last season, they slipped to a 2-1 defeat in Stuttgart's Mercedes-Benz Arena.
- Stuttgart have defeated Dortmund 37 times, they have not beaten any other side more often in the Bundesliga
- 4-0 is the biggest scoreline by which Borussia have been beaten at home. Of the four times that this has happened, Stuttgart were their opponents on two occasions (1971 and 1993).
- Borussia haven't lost in 18 home matches at Signal Iduna Park.
- 15 of Dortmund's 35 open play crosses have reached a teammate, making BVB's cross completion the best in the league at 42.9%.
Hoffenheim v Schalke
- This will be Schalke's first game in Sinsheim. Their last away game in the league was also the last time that Hoffenheim played at their temporary home in Mannheim. The 1-1 draw meant that Hoffenheim were top of the league at Christmas last year.
- Hoffenheim – like half the league – are yet to win this season. Their last league win was the final game of last season, 3-2 in Schalke.
- Alongside Wolfsburg, Schalke are the only team to have won both games so far. Their last competitive defeat was their loss to Hoffenheim at the end of last season.
- No team has scored more goals than Schalke (five), while no team has scored fewer than Hoffenheim (one).
- This is the 58th time that Schalke have been top of the league. At this point last year, Hoffenheim were top of the table, one place ahead of Schalke.
Mainz v Bayern Munich
- Mainz and Bayern have clashed six times in Bundesliga; Mainz have been unable to win any of these matches (five defeats, one draw).
- The average number of goals scored in these matches was five.
- Thomas Tuchel and Louis van Gaal both won two points from their first two Bundesliga matches.
- Bayern Munich are undefeated in seven matches – the same period of time since Jürgen Klinsmann was sacked as manager (four wins, three draws).
- FC Bayern started their campaign with two draws, just like last season. The last time they had fewer points after two matches was ten years ago (one).
Wolfsburg v Hamburg
- Last season Hamburg lost both games against Wolfsburg. After losing 0-3 away, they then lost 1-3 at home in March. Against every other team, they won at least one point in 2008/09.
- HSV have not won any of their last five games against Wolfsburg. They have only scored three goals in the last four games, whereas Wolfsburg have scored at least once in each of the last four league meetings.
- There have been an average of 4.1 goals per game in the last seven VfL games, while in HSV's last three there have been an average of four goals a game.
- Wolfsburg are unbeaten at home in 20 games and have won the last 16 in a row in front of their own fans.
- Wolfsburg are matching former manager Magath's new side Schalke so far this season. Both teams are top of the league with two wins and an identical goal difference. This is the first time that Wolfsburg have won their opening two games.
Koln v Frankfurt
- The last three meetings between these sides have ended in a draw.
- Frankfurt haven’t won at Köln for 15 years now. Their last win came in May 1994 when they then qualified for UEFA Cup.
- Frankfurt have suffered their highest BL away defeat at Köln - 0-7 in October 1983.
- Köln have only won once in their last 12 Bundesliga home games.
- Frankfurt have won the highest average of duels – 55.7%.
Freiburg v Leverkusen
- This fixture has ended goaless just once in 20 BL meetings.
- Freiburg have only won one of their last seven home matches against Leverkusen.
- Leverkusen were one of just two sides (Köln) who gained more points on the road (26) than on home soil (23) in 2008-09.
- Stefan Kießling scored on both match days so far, his striking partner Eren Derdiyok scored one and assisted another goal.
Nurnberg v Hannover
- Hannover have won only once in the last six meetings with Nürnberg – their most recent coming in March 2008 (2-1).
- The Lower-Saxions haven’t won for 21 years at Nürnberg – the last away win came in 1988 (3-1).
- After 15 matches unbeaten on home soil in all competitions, Nürnbrg’s run has come to an end after defeat in the league to Schalke (1-2).
- Marek Mintal scored 11 of the last 15 home goals for Nürnberg (incl. relegation games).
- Hannover is the only team who are yet to score from open play.
Werder Bremen v Borussia Monchengladbach
- Gladbach haven’t won away at Bremen in 19 attempts. Their last win came in the 1986-87 season when Gladbach won 7-1 – Bremen’s heaviest home defeat.
- Werder have won 12 of the last 14 home games against BMG. Gladbach have netted only five times in the process.
- Bremen haven’t won any of the last four league games – the worst such run in the Bundesliga.
- New signing, Juan Arango has attempted the most shots so far (12) – followed by Bremen’s Mesut Özil (11).
- Gladbach have only won just twice in 18 BL games when Christofer Heimeroth has been in goal– the first coming in a 3-2 win against Bremen in last season.