Bundesliga Opta Facts 21st-23rd October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Augsburg v Bremen
- After nine games, Augsburg finally celebrated their first ever win in the Bundesliga when they beat Mainz 1-0 on the road last weekend.
- Werder are yet to lose a competitive match against FCA (three wins, one draw).
- Augsburg have conceded at least two goals in each of their previous four meetings with Werder.
- Bremen's Peruvian striker Claudio Pizarro has been directly involved in each of Werder's last eight BL goals (five goals, three assists).
- After conceding at least one goal in each of their first six games of the season, Augsburg have now kept two clean sheets in their last three league games.
- FCA have only netted one goal in their last three BL games, however.
Nürnberg v Stuttgart
- Only against Gladbach (20) have Nürnberg enjoyed more wins in the Bundesliga than against Stuttgart (17).
- FCN have only won one of their last eight BL games on home soil (four draws, three defeats).
- Stuttgart can currently boast the second-best defensive record in the league, having only allowed their opponents six goals in the first nine games of the season.
- Only Augsburg and Kaiserslautern (seven goals each) have netted fewer goals this term than Nürnberg (ten).
- The Swabians have won four of their last five league games and are on a run of two straight away wins.
- Nürnberg have won none and lost two of their last four BL games.
Dortmund v Köln
- Dortmund are unbeaten in 14 BL home games against Köln (13 wins, one draw).
- Since Jürgen Klopp took over the helm in Dortmund, Borussia have won all six BL meetings with the Billygoats.
- Köln have posted the fewest shot attempts this season (73).
- Dortmund are the only side in the German top flight to have won each of their last three league games.
- The Billygoats have only kept one clean sheet in their last 14 BL away games.
- BVB have only suffered one defeat in their last 20 BL matches at Signal Iduna Park (15 wins, four draws).
Kaiserslautern v Freiburg
- Freiburg have won five of their last eight competitive matches against Kaiserslautern (one draw, two defeats).
- The Red Devils have won three of their last four BL outings at Freiburg, though (one defeat).
- Both meetings last season saw the home side prevail 2-1 after initially being 1-0 down.
- FCK have only won one of their four league home games this campaign (one draw, two defeats).
- SCF have suffered four defeats in their last five BL games (one win).
- Freiburg have conceded more goals so far this term than any other BL team (24).
Hoffenheim v Gladbach
- 1899 have lost only one of their previous nine matches against Gladbach in all competitions (five wins, three draws).
- The Foals have lost four of their five outings at Hoffenheim in all competitions (one draw).
- Borussia have on average only won 0.8 points per game against Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga - fewer than against any other team in the German top flight.
- Hoffenheim are winless in three games (one draw, two defeats) - only Nürnberg (four games) and Mainz (seven games) have currently gone longer without a win in the Bundesliga.
- For the first time in six months Borussia have gone two BL games in a row without picking up a win.
- 1899 haven't netted a single goal in their last three BL games - never have they gone longer without scoring in the German top flight.
Hertha v Mainz
- Hertha have only suffered one defeat in their 10 competitive games on home soil against Mainz (five wins, four draws).
- Mainz have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last eight meetings in all competitions with the Berlin-based side.
- FSV have lost none of their last five competitive games against Hertha, though (two wins, three draws).
- Mainz are winless in seven BL games (two draws, five defeats) - their longest drought since spring 2007.
- Hertha have won seven out of the possible nine points from their last three BL home games.
- Mainz have only kept one clean sheet in their 12 matches in all competitions this campaign.
Hamburg v Wolfsburg
- Wolfsburg have lost none of their last four BL outings at Hamburg (two wins, two draws).
- HSV have only won one out of the possible 12 points from their four BL home games this term.
- The Redshorts have won none of their last eight league games on home soil (four draws, four defeats).
- The Wolves have lost their last four BL matches on the road, allowing their opponents at least three goals in each of these four games.
- Wolfsburg have netted more goals against Hamburg in the Bundesliga than against any other team in the German top flight (47).
- Wolves striker Mario Mandzukic has scored 13 goals in his last 16 BL appearances.
Leverkusen v Schalke
- Schalke have only won one of their last ten BL meetings with Leverkusen (two draws, seven defeats).
- Both of last season's meetings between these two sides saw Bayer enjoy shut-out victories (1-0 H, 2-0 A).
- Leverkusen have only won one of their last four league games (one draw, two defeats), conceding 10 goals in the process.
- S04 have only kept one clean sheet in their last 14 BL games.
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has scored Schalke's last three league goals and is currently second in the BL scorer charts with eight strikes; only Bayern's Mario Gomez (10 goals) has netted more.
- Bayer have only lost one of their last 11 BL games at the BayArena (eight wins, two draws, keeping five clean sheets in the process).
Hannover v Bayern
- Seven of Hannover's eight BL wins over the German record champions have come at home.
- Since their 3-1 defeat at Hannover last season, Bayern are unbeaten away from home in eight BL games (five wins, three draws).
- FCB have kept clean sheets in each of their four BL away games this term.
- 96 have scored nine of their so far 11 goals this season at home.
- The team from Lower Saxony has only lost one of their last 12 BL home games (nine wins, two draws).
- FCB striker Mario Gomez has scored six goals in his last six appearances against Hannover.