Bundesliga Opta Facts - 4-6 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Dortmund v Schalke
- Dortmund have won just three of their last 24 Bundesliga games against Schalke (10 defeats, 11 draws). Dortmund have won just one of the last 11 home games against Schalke (six defeats, four draws).
- Schalke have won two successive BL away games for the first time since September/October 2009.
- BVB have scored 46 goals and conceded just 12 - both the best-such records in the league. 12 goals conceded after 20 games is also a club record for them.
- Schalke have kept seven clean sheets this season - only Dortmund have kept more (nine).
- Overall, though, each side has won 27 times against the other, with 23 draws.
Köln v Bayern
- Köln are the only Bundesliga team that Bayern haven't managed to beat in any of the last four BL encounters (1 win, 3 draws).
- Köln's last home win over FCB came back almost 16 years ago - on 1 April 1995 the West Germans prevailed 3-1.
- Record champions Bayern have won seven of their last eight competitive matches (1 draw).
- Köln have picked up seven points from the past three home matches, conceding just one goal in the process. Moreover, the Rhinelanders haven't allowed a goal at home in the last three hours and nine minutes.
- Mario Gomez (15) and Thomas Müller (6) alone have accounted for nearly as many goals as coach Schaefer's entire squad (22, the worst attacking record in the league).
- Köln are one of only two Bundesliga teams that Louis van Gaal has yet to defeat. His record against Köln is the same as against Leverkusen: three draws in three BL clashes.
Mainz v Bremen
- Mainz have lost all of the last three home games against Bremen.
- Bremen have not won any of their last five away games (one draw, four defeats) and have an aggregate
- score of 0-15.
- Mainz have lost five of their last six home games (one win) & they only found the net in the one victory during this period.
- Bremen have conceded more goals (42) this season compared to the whole of last season (40). Mainz have only conceded 21 goals.
- Only Mainz and Schalke have won every match that they have taken the lead in. Bremen have only gained one point from a losing position.
- Pizarro has managed his best goals per game ratio against Mainz. He has scored seven goals in seven matches against them.
Hoffenheim v Kaiserslautern
- Kaiserslautern have won three away matches this season. In their last Bundesliga season in 2005/06 they have also won three away games.
- Kaiserslautern have conceded at least one goal in each of their away games since February 2006.
- Kaiserslautern and Frankfurt are the only teams in the Bundesliga, who have not yet won a match in 2011.
- Hoffenheim have won both 2. Bundesliga matches against Kaiserslautern without conceding a goal.
- The only previous match in the Bundesliga between Hoffenheim and Kaiserslautern ended 2-2 in September 2010.
- Hoffenheim (10 goals) and Kaiserslautern (9 goals) are the best teams in the Bundesliga in terms of scoring from the outside the box.
Nürnberg v Leverkusen
- Nuremberg are one of just three Bundesliga teams (Bayern and Bremen), who are unbeaten against Bayer Leverkusen for two matches.
- Leverkusen have lost only three of their 30 games in this season (17 wins, 10 draws).
- None of the last 14 Nuremberg home matches have ended in a draw (8 wins for Nuremberg, six wins for their opponents)
- Leverkusen are the only team who have scored in each of their last 11 Bundesliga games.
- Nuremberg have conceded 10 headed goals, while Leverkusen have scored eight headed goals.
Hannover v Wolfsburg
- Wolfsburg have won each of the last six games against Hannover.
- Hannover have not won any of their last five home matches against Wolfsburg (two draws, three defeats).
- Hannover have won three of their last four home games in the Bundesliga (one defeat).
- Wolfsburg have won only one of their last 10 games (7 draws, 2 defeats).
- Wolfsburg's Diego made his debut in the Bundesliga against Hannover. Diego has not scored more goals against any other Bundesliga team than against Hannover (4 goals).
Gladbach v Stuttgart
- Gladbach have only achieved just one victory over Stuttgart in 25 Bundesliga matches since 1995.
- Gladbach have lost six of the last seven league fixtures against VfB (one draw).
- Gladbach are the only club without a single home victory this season. They have lost all of their last four home games.
- Stuttgart are the only club without a single away victory this season. They have only won three points in nine away games.
- Stuttgart haven't been held to a goalless draw in 42 games, Gladbach haven't registered a stalemate in 35. These are the two longest-such runs in the Bundesliga.
- Michael Frontzeck hasn't won any of his eight matches against Stuttgart (as a manager). On the other hand, he has never lost a match against Bruno Labbadia (three wins, one draw).
Hamburg v St. Pauli
- St. Pauli haven't beaten HSV in a competitive match for over 33 years.
- Since their most recent win over their Hamburg rivals in September 1977 (2-0) St. Pauli have lost eight and drawn six of the last 14 BL games against HSV.
- St. Pauli have only won one point from their last five away games, scoring only two and conceding 13 goals in the process.
- Hamburg have won four of their last six BL home games (one draw, one defeat).
- Hamburg have won nine points from their last four games - only Bayern have picked up more points during that period (10).
- St. Pauli have hit the back of the opposing net at least twice in each of their last four BL games - the last time they netted two or more in four consecutive BL games was back in 1977.
Freiburg v Frankfurt
- This will be the 18th meeting between Freiburg and Frankfurt in the Bundesliga. All of the previous 17 clashes have had a winner (Frankfurt have won nine games, Freiburg have won eight).
- On average, Frankfurt have won more points against Freiburg (1.59 per game) than against any other club.
- SC Freiburg haven't lost any of their last six games (three wins, three draws), something they haven't achieved in almost a decade (March through April 2001). They are currently undefeated for longer than any other club in the league.
- Eintracht Frankfurt are the only team that haven't won any points or scored any goals since the winter break. They haven't suffered three consecutive defeats without scoring since fall 2005.
- Nine of Freiburg 10 wins this season in the Bundesliga have been by one goal.
- Freiburg are the only side to have scored at least one goal in every single home game this season.