Bundesliga Opta Facts 4th-6th March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Hamburg v Mainz
- The earlier meeting between these two ended 1-0 to HSV (Guerrero) and put an end to Mainz's seven game winning streak at the start of the season. Only two other teams have ever managed to win their first seven games (Bayern, 1995, and Kaiserslautern, 2001).
- HSV have only lost one of their last eight games against Mainz (four wins, three draws). The last two games have finished 1-0 to the away team.
- Hamburg have only conceded four goals in 2011's seven games - joint-best in the league.
- Mainz have the third-best away record in the league (eight wins, four defeats).
- In Ze Roberto (nine) and Christian Fuchs (eight), two of the league's top assist providers will be facing each other. Tiffert from Kaiserslautern has the most (10).
- Armin Veh is unbeaten against Mainz in the BL. As manager of Stuttgart, Wolfsburg and Hamburg he has won three and drawn two of his five games. In three of the five, his team has kept a clean sheet.
Dortmund v Köln
- Borussia Dortmund have won seven of their last eight matches against Köln.
- On both of the last two occasions that Dortmund defeated Köln, the winning goal was scored in the 90th minute.
- Köln have won 14 points in 2011 - only one less than Dortmund (15).
- Only Bayern (60 points in 1998/99) have won more points in the first 24 games of a season than Dortmund have now (58).
- Dortmund haven't conceded more than one goal in any of their last 23 Bundesliga fixtures. They have also kept 11 clean sheets, more than any other team.
- Borussia are the only club yet to lose a game in 2011 (four wins, three draws). They have also only lost one of their last 23 matches (18 wins, four draws).
Stuttgart v Schalke
- Schalke have only won four out of 40 away games at VfB Stuttgart (26 defeats, 10 draws).
- Stuttgart have only lost one of their last 10 home games against Schalke (six wins, three draws), a 1-2 last season.
- VfB have won three games in the second half of the campaign, the same number as in the whole first half.
- Schalke have lost all four Bundesliga games that have followed a cup game this term.
- VfB have scored 12 of their last 14 goals in the second half
- Schalke haven't conceded a single goal in the second half in their last six games.
Frankfurt v Kaiserslautern
- Kaiserslautern have lost their last three away games, conceding 11 goals in the process.
- Frankfurt have the worst offensive record in the league, scoring only 24 goals.
- Kaiserslautern's Jan Moravek has been involved in four of his side's last six goals (three goals, one assist).
- Frankfurt haven't lost one of their last three games against Kaiserslautern (two wins, one draw).
- Frankfurt have only won one of their last four home games against Kaiserslautern (one draw, two defeats), a 3-1 in 2000/01.
- Frankfurt haven't scored in any of their seven games this year, only Köln have ever suffered the same feat in BL history (2001/02).
Mönchengladbach v Hoffenheim
- Mönchengladbach have scored in 13 of their last 14 games.
- Hoffenheim have conceded in 10 of their last 11 games.
- Mönchengladbach have won none of their eight competitive games against Hoffenheim (three draws, five defeats).
- Mönchengladbach are the weakest home side, gaining only six points at home. All other teams have at least 13 home points.
- Mönchengladbach have lost more points from leading positions (25) than they have won in total (19).
- Hoffenheim have only won one of their last five away games (two draws, two defeats), a 1-0 at Schalke on matchday 20.
Hannover v Bayern
- Bayern Munich have won the last four clashes with Hannover, scoring 18 goals and conceding just one.
- The last 18 goals in this fixture have been scored by FC Bayern.Before the first-round match against Hannover, Bayern were the only club in the league whose attackers had not scored a single goal.
- Mario Gomez scored a hat-trick against Hannover, and is now the league's top scorer with 18 goals.
- Nobody in Hannover's current squad has ever scored a Bundesliga goal against Bayern.Hannover have only conceded 31 goals - only once in their Bundesliga history have they conceded fewer after 23 matches (28 in 2004/05; they also conceded 31 in 1968/69 and 2005/06).
- Ron-Robert Zieler has saved 83,3% of the shots on his goal, more than any other regular keeper in the league.
- Bayern's Thomas Kraft has saved 71.9% of his shots.Mirko Slomka has never won a Bundesliga match against FC Bayern (two draws, five defeats) and has lost his two matches against van Gaal by 0-3 and 0-7.
Nürnberg v St. Pauli
- Nürnberg are ranked second in the 2011 standings with 14 points from seven games, Dortmund have 15.
- St. Pauli have only won one of their last seven away games (one draw, five defeats).
- For the first time since 2006/2007, Nürnberg are unbeaten in six BL games (four wins, two draws). Back then, they went 11 games without a loss.
- St. Pauli have lost their last two games, scoring no goals in the process.
- Gerald Asamoah has been involved in eight of St. Pauli's last 12 goals (four goals, four assists).
- St. Pauli only have won two of their nine BL games against Nürnberg (two draws, five defeats).
Leverkusen v Wolfsburg
- Bayer are unbeaten at home against Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga (10 wins, three draws).Leverkusen came back from 2-0 down with only 19 minutes left to play to win 3-2 in this season's first meeting between the two sides.
- The goal scorers for Bayer were Simon Rolfes, who got a brace, and Arturo Vidal.No other BL team has played so many games in Leverkusen without picking up a single win at the VfL.
- The Wolves haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their 13 visits to the BayArena.
- Wolfsburg have only won one of their last nine BL away games (four draws, four defeats); they beat Mainz 1-0 on the 19th matchday.
- Wolfsburg have failed to convert any of the four penalties they have been awarded so far this season.Littbarski was Bayer's assistant manager from January to May 2001. The former German international only lost three of his 24 four clashes with Bayer in his playing days (eight wins, 13 draws), when he wore the shirt of their local rivals Cologne.
Freiburg v Bremen
- Freiburg have picked up just one point from the past eight BL encounters with Werder (1-1 at Bremen in April 2004).
- Bremen have racked up 30 goals in the past eight BL clashes with SC Freiburg - the same total as in the 24 matches played in the present campaign.
- Against no other team have SC Freiburg conceded as many goals in the BL as against SV Werder (59).
- Werder's faithful haven't witnessed a full haul in any of the last seven games on the road - the longest drought in the league. The team's goal difference in these seven matches: 1-20!
- Only Köln (6) have tallied fewer points on the road than Werder (7). It was only last season that Bremen ranked as the BL's best away team!
- Claudio Pizarro has already bagged two braces in the Bundesliga against SC Freiburg, with both of them coming on home turf. For Werder, the Peruvian has already netted five goals in six BL matches against SCF.