Bundesliga Opta Facts - 5-7 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Dortmund v Hamburg
- Dortmund have won and kept a clean sheet in each of their last three home games against Hamburg, but have never beaten them more than three times in a row on home soil.
- Borussia have conceded more goals against Hamburg than against any other team in the Bundesliga (62), while HSV have netted more away goals against BVB than against any other side in the league.
- Hamburg have not lost on the opening day of the Bundesliga since 2004 (three wins, three draws).
- HSV are winless in their last seven Bundesliga games, though (five draws, two defeats).
- Dortmund are unbeaten in their last 16 home games (12 wins, four draws).
- The Redshorts have not won any of their last five away games in the Bundesliga (three draws, two defeats).
Werder Bremen v Kaiserslautern
- Werder have lost 32 Bundesliga games against Kaiserlautern; only against Bayern Munich have they lost more often.
- Since beating Hannover 4-2 on the opening day in 2006, Bremen have not started a Bundesliga campaign with a victory (two draws, two defeats).
- The Red Devils have won their last four Bundesliga away games.
- Lautern were the only side to win each of their final four Bundesliga games last season.
- The last meeting between these two sides came on the final day of last season, when Kaiserlautern beat Werder 3-2 at home.
- Werder Bremen drew a joint league-high 11 games in the Bundesliga last season, the most alongside Wolfsburg.
Hannover v Hoffenheim
- Hannover have only won one of their six Bundesliga games against Hoffenheim (four defeats, one draw).
- 1899 have scored 14 goals in their six league meetings with Hannover - more than against any other team in the Bundesliga.
- Coming in to this game, Hoffenheim have never lost on the opening day of the Bundesliga (two wins, one draw).
- Hannover have never went longer than two games without a win in the league last term.
- TSG have lost five of their last six Bundesliga away games (one win).
- H96 have only one of their last seven opening weekend fixtures in the Bundesliga (one draw, five defeats).
Stuttgart v Schalke
- Stuttgart have lost only four of their 41 Bundesliga home games against Schalke (10 draws, 27 wins).
- The Swabians have only lost one of their last 11 home games against S04 - they were defeated 1-2 by the Gelsenkirchen-based side in October 2009.
- Stuttgart manager Bruno Labbadia hasn't lost any of his five Bundesliga matches against Schalke (three wins, two draws).
- VfB started the last season with three consecutive defeats, while Schalke lost their first four fixtures in 2010/11.
- S04 have lost their last four Bundesliga games. The last time that Schalke lost five consecutive games in the German top flight was back in 1979.
- Stuttgart lost eight home games last season - more than in the two previous campaigns combined (six).
Köln v Wolfsburg
- The Wolves have only lost one of their last six Bundesliga outings against Köln (three wins, two draws).
- The Billygoats have lost their opening fixture of the season in each of their last three Bundesliga campaigns.
- Köln have enjoyed nine wins in their last 10 Bundesliga home games (one defeat).
- FC have, on average, conceded more goals against Wolfsburg than against any other team in the Bundesliga (2.4 goals per game).
- Wolves manager Felix Magath is unbeaten in 12 Bundesliga games against Köln (six wins, six draws).
- VfL enjoyed their biggest win of the campaign last season against the Köln (4-1 at home.
Augsburg v Freiburg
- Augsburg have only won one of their eight games against Freiburg in Bundesliga.2 (two draws, five defeats).
- The last meeting between these two teams came in the German Cup in September 2009 when FCA beat Freiburg 1-0 courtesy of a Daniel Brinkmann goal.
- SCF haven't started their season with a win since 2006, drawing two and losing two of their last four opening day fixtures.
- Augsburg have only lost one of their final seven home games in Bundesliga.2 last season (four wins, two draws).
- Freiburg have only won one of their last seven Bundesliga home games (one draw, five defeats), scoring only four goals in the process.
- Augsburg had the joint-best defence in Bundesliga.2 last season (together with Fürth), allowing only 27 goals in 34 games.
Hertha Berlin v Nürnberg
- Nürnberg have won four of their last five Bundesliga games against Hertha Berlin (one defeat).
- While Nürnberg have not enjoyed a win on the opening day of the Bundesliga in three years, Berlin have won their last two opening fixtures in the German top flight.
- Hertha have scored at least once in each of their 14 Bundesliga home games against Nürnberg.
- Berlin haven't won any of their last 16 home games in the Bundesliga - an all-time record in the German top flight.
- FCN have only won one of their last Bundesliga games (two draws, five defeats).
- Hertha had the most prolific attack in Bundesliga.2 (69 goals) last season.
Mainz v Leverkusen
- None of the 10 Bundesliga meetings between these two teams have ended in a goalless draw.
- Mainz have only won one of their last six Bundesliga games against Bayer (two draws, three defeats).
- Leverkusen have only lost one of their last 12 opening fixtures in the Bundesliga (seven wins, four draws), when they were defeated 3-2 by Dortmund at the start of the 2008/09 campaign.
- Leverkusen had the best away record in the league last season; picking up 36 points on the road.
- Mainz started the 2010/11 campaign with seven consecutive wins, equalling the all-time Bundesliga record at the start of a season.
- Andre Schürrle, Mainz‘s top scorer last season (15 goals), has joined Leverkusen during the summer break.
Bayern v Gladbach
- Bayern are unbeaten in 11 games against the Foals (six wins, five draws).
- Gladbach have only won one of their 43 Bundesliga away games at Bayern (nine draws, 33 defeats).
- The last time FCB lost on the opening day of the season was back in 2001/2002 when they lost 0-1 away at Gladbach. Since then they have won six and drawn three of their opening day fixtures in the Bundesliga.
- Five of the last eight meetings between these two teams have ended in a draw (three Bayern wins).
- FCB have won 12 of their last 13 games at the Allianz Arena (one defeat), finding the net at least three times in 10 of these 13 games.
- Borussia have not conceded more than one goal in each of their last 10 Bundesliga games - a feat they last achieved in 1976/77.