Bundesliga Opta Facts 6-7 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Hamburg v Berlin
- Hamburg have failed to score in their last two games (0-0 against Frankfurt, 0-1 at Munich), the last time this happened was in May 2008.
- Hamburg hold a narrow head to head advantage over Hertha, 23-22 wins (12 draws), however at home Hamburg have won 16 times, drawn eight and only lost four.
- Berlin have conceded 12 goals in the last 15 minutes of games this season, a league high, HSV have conceded 10 in this period.
- Hamburg have only scored three headed goals this season, a league joint-low (with Hannover and Nuremberg).
- On the other hand, Hamburg have conceded 10 headed goals, only Wolfsburg have let in more (11).
Freiburg v Hannover
- Freiburg have won only once against Hannover in the BL (two draws and two losses), but they have never lost at home to them in the BL or the BL Zwei (five wins and five draws).
- Hannover have not won in 13 matches, the longest winless run in the league, Freiburg have not won in 10.
- Freiburg have failed to score in six games at home, this is a new record in the BL.
- Freiburg have scored the fewest home goals this season, just five.
- This match sees the team that has conceded the most goals, Hannover (46), meet the team with the joint-worst goal difference, Freiburg (-23).
- Hannover have failed to score in the first half in their last seven games.
Wolfsburg v Bochum
- This will be the 20th meeting between Wolfsburg and Bochum in the Bundesliga, so far both teams have won eight times and shared three draws.
- Bochum have lost only one of their last 12 matches (1-5 against Munich).
- Wolfsburg have won more points in their last two BL games (6) than in their previous 10 (4).
- Bochum have not lost in their last six away games, the last time they managed this in the BL was in the 1984-85 season (eight matches in a row).
- Only three teams are undefeated in 2010 Munich, Leverkusen and Bochum.
Bremen v Stuttgart
- The 88th Bundesliga clash between Bremen and Stuttgart is Werder's chance to draw even with VfB in their all-time record - both teams would then have 31 wins to their name should Werder Bremen
- Werder have scored more goals against Stuttgart (150) than any other BL side.
- The past 10 BL games between both teams produced an average of four goals per game. Stuttgart's 6-3 success on 8 March 2008 proved an especially high-scoring affair: Cacau bagged a brace and Mario Gomez racked up a hat-trick.
- Werder are particularly dangerous from free kicks - Schaaf's side have already scored a league-high 11 goal in this way.
Köln v Bayern
- Bayern Munich have won their last seven matches at Cologne, scoring 18 goals.
- Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen have both scored 50 goals, more than any other side, whereas Cologne (21) have only scored more goals than Freiburg (19) this season.
- FC Köln have only won three of their last 23 home games at RheinEnergieStadion.
- The only team to have kept more clean sheets than Köln(11, like Leverkusen) are Schalke (12). On the other hand, only Hannover conceded more goals (19) in this half of the season than FC Köln (16).
- Having won 19 points since the winter break, FCBM are the best club in the second half of the season so far (six wins, one draw).
- Cologne have won twice as many points in 2010 (eight) than they did after as many games in the first half of the season (four).
Dortmund v Gladbach
- In the 1977/78 season, Gladbach beat Dortmund 12-0 - the biggest win in Bundesliga history. The current Leverkusen manager Jupp Heynckes scored five goals.
- Gladbach's last win in Dortmund was on 18th April 1998, when Jörgen Petterson and Karl-Heinz Pflipsen were the scorers. Julio Cesar scored for BVB.
- There have been 26 draws between these two teams - more for each team than against any other opponent in the Bundesliga.
- Dortmund have lost four of their last five games (one win), conceding 13 goals - the same amount as they had in their previous 15 games put together.
- Dortmund have dropped 20 points after leading - the most in the league. Last weekend they lost against Schalke despite having led 1-0.
Hoffenheim v Mainz
- These two teams are level on points in the league (32), with Hoffenheim ahead on goal difference (+5 compared to -5) in ninth place.
- In the first meeting this season Mainz won 2-1. It was the first game between them in the Bundesliga.
- Mainz have only scored six goals since the winter break - only relegation-threatened Freiburg and Hannover have netted fewer.
- Mainz have not won away from home for nine games (six defeats, three draws) and have the worst away record in the league (one win, four draws, seven losses).
Nürnberg v Leverkusen
- Leverkusen have won the last four fixtures between these clubs, the last two of them 4-0 and 4-1 respectively. Both of these matches were played in BayArena,
- No team has drawn more games than Leverkusen so far this season - 11.
- For the 12th time this season, Nürnberg failed to score a goal at Bochum. The only other club to have a figure this high is Köln.
- No team has scored more goals from set piece situations than B04 (22), but they have also conceded half of their goals from set pieces (10 of 20).
- Only one of the 41 Bundesliga games between Bayer and FCN have ended goalless, and that wasn't played in Nürnberg.
Frankfurt v Schalke
- Frankfurt have lost seven of their last nine matches against Schalke, drawing the other two.
- Eintracht have lost their last four games against S04 and have scored only once in the process.
- Frankfurt only defeated Mönchengladbach and Bremen more often (29 times) than they have Schalke (27).
- The biggest defeat suffered by Schalke in a competitive match ove the last 20 years came against Frankfurt in October 2005, when Eintracht won 6-0 at home in the 2nd round of the DFB-Pokal.
- Schalke have lost only one of their last 10 Bundesliga games (seven wins, two draws).
- Schalke have conceded fewer goals than any other side (18). They have never conceded fewer goals after 24 matchdays than so far this season, but in 1971-72 and 2005-06 they also conceded 18.