Bundesliga Opta Facts - 8-11 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Frankfurt v Bremen
- Frankfurt have lost five of their last seven home games against Bremen (two wins).
- Bremen are unbeaten in five games (three home draws, two away wins).
- None of the last 11 meetings between these two sides at Frankfurt has ended in a draw (five home wins, six away wins).
- Werder have failed to shut their opponents out in each of their last 13 BL matches - no team in the league has gone that long without a clean sheet.
- Frankfurt have lost all of their last four Friday night matches in the Bundesliga without scoring a single goal.
- No Frankfurt player except Gekas has scored more than two goals this season.
Nürnberg v Bayern
- Nürnberg have only won one their last 15 BL games against Bayern (five draws, nine defeats).
- Arjen Robben has netted more goals in 2011 than any other player in the Bundesliga (nine).
- FCN have won four of their last five home games (one defeat), shutting their opponents out in three of these games.
- Bayern have won three consecutive BL games for the first time this season.
- Munich have only kept one clean sheet in their last 24 BL games on the road.
- Nürnberg are the only team in the top two German divisions who haven't drawn a single home game this season (nine wins, five defeats).
Hannover v Mainz
- Mainz have never beaten Hannover on the road in the Bundesliga (two draws, two defeats).
- 96 have won seven of their last eight BL home games (one defeat).
- Mainz have won more away games this season (nine) than in their last three BL campaigns combined (eight).
- Thomas Tuchel's men have won 14 points from games in which they trailed this season (like Freiburg) - no team in the league has picked up more points from losing positions.
- Mohammed Abdellaoue has scored in each of Hannover's last three home games.
- Mainz have netted all of their last seven goals in the Bundesliga after the interval.
Freiburg v Hoffenheim
- The three BL meetings between the two sides have only seen a total of four goals.
- Hoffenheim have lost their last three BL away games without scoring a single goal.
- Freiburg have only won one point from their last five BL games when they drew 1-1 with Mainz last weekend.
- None of the previous three BL meetings between Freiburg and Hoffenheim has seen the home side prevail.
- 1899 have only won one of their last seven BL games (two draws, four defeats) when they beat leaders Dortmund 1-0 on the 26th day.
- Papiss Demba Cissé is currently the joint top scorer in the Bundesliga together with Bayern's Mario Gomez (19 goals each). He could only become the second African after Anthony Yeboah to score 20 goals or more in the German top flight.
Hamburg v Dortmund
- Hamburg have on their last four BL home games against Dortmund.
- BVB are just shy of a new Bundesliga record: they are about to become the first team to notch 12 away victories in one season (Dortmund are currently at 11).
- Hamburg have won just one of their last five BL matches (two defeats, two draws).
- BVB have tallied the most victories (20), suffered the fewest defeats (3), conceded the fewest goals (17) and scored the second-most goals behind only Bayern (58) in the Bundesliga.
- The 2-0 defeat against Leverkusen on match day one marked the only time this season that BVB conceded more than one goal in a league match.
- Among all the teams in the upper half of the table, HSV have conceded the most goals (44) - only five Bundesliga teams have overall shipped more goals than Hamburg over the course of the current season.
Schalke v Wolfsburg
- The Wolves are unbeaten in eight games against Schalke (four wins, four draws).
- Only Frankfurt (six) have won fewer points in 2011 than Wolfsburg (nine).
- Schalke, Wolfsburg and Bremen are the only teams in the league who haven't won a single game in which they trailed this season.
- Grafite has netted eight goals in only five games against Schalke - more than against any other team in the Bundesliga.
- Raul has scored six of Schalke's last 11 goals in the league. 10 of the Spaniard's 12 BL goals have come at the Veltins Arena.
- Schalke have only allowed a total of four goals in their last nine BL home games.
Stuttgart v Kaiserslautern
- Only Leverkusen have conceded fewer goals in the last five weeks (two) than Stuttgart and Lautern (three each).
- Stuttgart have only lost one of their last 12 Bundesliga games against Kaiserslautern, when they were beaten 1-0 on the road by the Red Devils in April 2004.
- Stuttgart haven't lost any of their five Bundesliga outings since being eliminated from the Europa League (three wins, two draws).
- Despite having been down 0-3 in the first-round match against Stuttgart, Kaiserslautern managed to come back and take a point in from the game against the Swabians which ended ina 3-3 draw.
- Lautern have failed to score in three of their last six BL matches.
- Stuttgart haven't been held to a goalless draw in 50 games, longer than any other club in the league.
Mönchengladbach v Köln
- Gladbach have won more Bundesliga games against Köln than against any other team in the league (41).
- Borussia are unbeaten in their last four BL meetings with Köln (two wins, two draws).
- Podolski (five) and Novakovic (seven) have scored 12 of the last 15 BL goals for Köln.
- Gladbach have the worst home record in the league, having wonjust nine points at the Borussia Park, while Köln have the worst away record (six points).
- The Foals have dropped 25 points from winning positions - more than any other team in the league.
- Milivoje Novakovic has scored all of his 12 BL goals this season on home soil.
Leverkusen - St. Pauli
- These two sides have met 13 times in the Bundesliga. Pauli have won five, Leverkusen four of these meetings while four ended in draws.
- St. Pauli have so far never beaten Leverkusen on the road in the Bundesliga (three draws, three defeats).
- Bayer are unbeaten in four games against the Hamburg-based side (three wins, one draw).
- Leverkusen have won six of their last seven BL games (one draw) - no other team in the league has picked up as many points as Bayer during that period (19 out of the possible 21).
- St. Pauli are the only team in the Bundesliga who have not picked up a single point from the last six games.
- Leverkusen (57) have netted nearly twice as many goals as Pauli (29) in the Bundesliga this season.