Bundesliga Opta Stats - 21-22 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bayern v Wolfsburg
- Wolfsburg have travelled to Munich 13 times in the Bundesliga, taking home just one point from the Bavarian state capital. In December 2001 Wolfsburg rallied for a 3-3 draw after being down 2-0.
- The first leg of the 2009/10 season saw Arjen Robben stage a perfect debut performance for FC Bayern, contributing two goals in the 3-0 home win over the VfL on match day four and paving the way for Louis van Gaal's first win of the season.
- Bayern have notched at least one goal in each of the past 23 league matches. This marks their longest streak in 31 years - from March through December 1979 they hit the back of the opposing net in 28 consecutive matches.
- FC Bayern's latest defeat on opening day dates back all the way to 2001, when they went down 1-0 at Mönchengladbach. However, each of the past two campaigns saw them having to settle for a draw (1-1 at Hoffenheim, 2-2 against Hamburg).
- Wolfsburg are Bastian Schweinsteiger's favourite opponents: the midfielder has already netted four times against the North Germans.
- VfL provided the league's top scorer both last season (Edin Dzeko - 22 goals), and in 2008-09 (Grafite - 28). This is the first time that a single club has provided the league's top scorer in two successive seasons.
Hoffenheim v Bremen
- Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen have met five times in total (four times in the Bundesliga and once in the DFB-Pokal), with Werder winning four and one draw.
- Hoffenheim are unbeaten in their opening game in the two seasons that they have been in the Bundesliga so far (one win, one draw). Last season they drew 1-1 with Bayern, the season before they won 3-0 in Cottbus.
- Werder are without an opening day win in the last three years (two draws, one defeat), despite scoring twice in each of these games. Last season they lost 2-3 to Frankfurt on the opening day.
- Bremen have been involved in the last three highest-scoring Bundesliga games, including a 5-4 win over Hoffenheim in the 2008/09 season.
- Hoffenheim are unbeaten in their last four BL games (three wins, one draw).
- Werder are unbeaten in their last five BL games, winning four of the last three.
Mönchengladbach v Nürnberg
- Nürnberg have won 20 Bundesliga games against Gladbach - a joint high.
- None of the last five encounters between the two sides have seen an away win (four home wins, one draw).
- Both sides have only scored six goals in the final 15 minutes last season - a joint league low with Freiburg.
- Mohamadou Idrissou has scored seven goals in his last three games (two friendlies, one Cup game).
- Roel Brouwers (8) was the top scoring defender in terms of goals last season.
- Only two of Gladbach's last 21 Bundesliga games have been won by the away side.
Köln v Kaiserslautern
- Köln's last win against Kaiserslautern came more than 20 years ago.
- Since then, Lautern have won 17 and drawn five games against Köln.
- Kaiserslautern have won 34 games against Köln - against no other side have they won more than 30.
- It's the fourth time that these two sides will meet on MD1 - Köln have won in 1976, but Kaiserslautern were victorious in their last two opening day meetings in 1992 and 1993.
- Köln have gained more points away (23) than at home (15) last season.
- Köln have only won one game at home in 2010 (four draws, three defeats).