Bundesliga Opta Stats 3rd-4th April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Schalke v Bayern
- Schalke have not lost more often against any other team (37) than Bayern.
- The Royal Blues have also conceded more goals against from Bayern (160) in the Bundesliga than against any other side.
- Bayern have lost only one of their last eleven competitive games against Schalke.
- Schalke have won their last eight home games and are unbeaten in their last eleven home games (nine wins, two draws).
- Munich have conceded the first goal in their last two games and lost against both Frankfurt and Stuttgart. The last time this happened was in November 2000 - 2-3 vs Schalke and 1-2 vs Frankfurt back then.
- S04 have won 17 games after taking a lead - more than any other team in the BL.
- Bayern have recovered the most points from a losing position (17, like Frankfurt), they have won 45% of their games after falling behind.
Frankfurt v Leverkusen
- Frankfurt and Leverkusen face each other for the 52nd time, and there has never been a goalless draw between the two sides.
- Leverkusen have celebrated eight away wins in Frankfurt. Only against Stuttgart have they been more successful away from home (11 wins).
- Bayer have won just one of their last six games (three defeats) and failed to score in their last two.
- Leverkusen have won just one of their last 10 away games (seven draws), losing the last two.
- Frankfurt have recovered 17 points from losing positions this season; a league high (alongside Bayern).
- Bayer are one of four teams yet to lose from a winning position this season, and they have taken the lead in no fewer than 19 games.
- Bayer have scored a league high eight goals from corners this season (8, alongside Bremen).
Freiburg v Bochum
- VfL have failed to win any of their last six competitive games in Freiburg (three draws, three defeats). Their last win at Freiburg was a 1-0 victory in October 1996.
- Bochum have lost four successive games and failed to win any of their last six (two draws); currently the longest winless run in the league.
- After going eight home games without a win (two draws, six defeats), Freiburg defeated Mainz 1-0 in their last match at home.
- Bochum have scored the opening goal of the game in three of their last four matches, but lost them all.
- Freiburg have gone behind in 15 of their games and lost 14 of them (one draw).
- Bochum have conceded 13 goals in their last four games; their worst defensive run in more than five years.
- Freiburg have failed to score more than one goal in each of their last 13 matches, scoring exactly one goal in each of their last five.
Nürnberg v Mainz
- Mainz have the worst away record in the league (10 points), having won just two away games all season.
- Mainz have celebrated 10 wins this season, with nine of those (a league-high) by a one-goal margin.
- Mainz have failed to score more than one goal in each of their last 10 league games.
- Mainz have won just one of their last 11 away games (three draws, seven defeats) and have failed to score in eight of their away games this season.
- Nuremberg have picked up 13 points in 2010, which is already more than in the complete first half of the season (12).
- Both Mainz and Nuremberg have scored just four headed goals each this season - Hamburg and Hanover (three each) have a worse record only.
Hamburg v Hannover
- Hamburg have won just two of their last 14 clashes against 96, Hannover, in comparison, have managed six wins.
- Hannover haven't kept a clean sheet in the last 13 BL matches - a league high run.
- 96 have not won from a losing positions this season (20 matches, 17 losses, 3 draws).
- Hamburg have scored 13 goals in the first 15 minutes of matches this term - a league-high.
- Alongside Leverkusen, Hamburg's 27 first half goals is also a Bundesliga high this term so far.
- Hannover have the worst defence in the Bundesliga, having currently conceded 54 goals this season.
- Hamburg's Ruud van Nistelrooy has attempted nine shots in total since he joined Hamburg, scoring three goals. His conversion rate (37.5%) is the highest at Hamburg.
Stuttgart v Mönchengladbach
- Borussia have won just one of their last 23 clashes with the Swabians (12 losses, 10 draws). In April 2005, Mönchengladbach came out on top with a 2-0 win at home.
- Mönchengladbach's last away win at Stuttgart came 15 years ago. In December 1994 they came back from 2-0 down to win 4-2.
- Stuttgart have won 13 points from of the last six league fixtures. VfB are the best team in the league in the second half of the season (25 points).
- Borussia have failed to win any of their last seven away fixtures; currently the second-longest winless run in the league (after Freiburg, 8). No other team have gained fewer points away from home (10, like three others).
- The VfB are unbeaten this season after taking the lead (ten wins, three draws).
- Mönchengladbach's Roel Brouwers is the most prolific goalscoring defender in the Bundesliga (seven goals) this term.
Dortmund v Bremen
- Borussia have suffered the most defeats in the Bundesliga against Werder Bremenr (as much as against Bayern and Stuttgart, 38).
- Thomas Schaaf's side are unbeaten in their last eight fixtures; their longest run in the Bundesliga - whereas Borussia have not lost any of their last four games (three wins, one draw).
- Dortmund's Roman Weidenfeller is the best keeper in the BL (80.1% save percentage) in the second half of the season so far. In the last eight home games with Weidenfeller in goal Borussia have conceded only one goal.
- No other team has taken a lead more often than Dortmund (22, like Bayern), but they have conceded the most points from a winning position in the BL as well (20, like Bochum).
- Werder have scored in each of their last 10 league fixtures.
- Dortmund have conceded the first goal in only five games - a league-low.
Köln v Hertha
- Köln have failed to score in only one of their 22 home games against Hertha.
- Berlin have won their last two away games in Köln.
- Hertha have celebrated three wins in their last five Bundesliga fixtures. In their last six away games, Berlin have scored an average of 2.3 goals per game.
- The best defence in the second half of the season, Hertha BSC (nine goals conceded, like Schalke) meets the second-worst defence in this period Köln, which have conceded 20 goals against (after Hannover, 27).
- Köln are without a win in five home games (three draws, two losses) - only opponents Hertha have waiting for a longer period for three points at home (13 games).
- No other team in the BL have a lower conversion rate than Berlin (9.2%).
Wolfsburg v Hoffenheim
- None of the previous meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw - Hoffenheim winning once and Wolfsburg twice.
- An average of four goals have been scored in each of their three meetings so far.
- Wolfsburg have won five of their last six league games. They are the most successful team in this period.
- Hoffenheim are without a win in their last four Bundesliga games (two draws, two losses).
- Hoffenheim are one of the three worst teams in the BL (9 points only) since the winter break.
- 14 out of the last 16 Wolfsburg goals have been scored in the second half. In total they have managed to score 40 of their 52 goals in the second 45 minutes - a league-high by far.
- Only Bayern Munich have recovered more points from a losing position (17) than the Wolves (15).