Bundesliga Opta Stats - April 16-18
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Köln v Bochum
- Bochum have only won once in the 28 games that they've played at Köln (20 defeats, seven draws). VfL's only win at Cologne came six years ago (2-1 on April 18, 2004).
- The only team that FC Köln have defeated more often than Bochum (31 times, along with Schalke and Bremen) is Stuttgart (32), though they have played considerably fewer games against Bochum (57) than Stuttgart (78), Schalke (72) or Bremen (79).
- Apart from Hertha, FC Köln are the only Bundesliga side yet to win a home match in 2010 (three draws, three defeats).
- Bochum haven't won in eight league matches (five defeats, three draws), longer than any other team.
- Köln have kept 12 clean sheets, only Schalke have kept more (13).
- Bochum have already conceded 54 goals, only Hannover (56) and Freiburg (55) have conceded more. VfL have conceded more shots on goal than any other club in the league (185).
Stuttgart v Leverkusen
- Leverkusen have won three out of their last four matches with Stuttgart.
- The game in the first half of the season was won by Leverkusen by 4-0 and was the last Bundesliga match in which Stuttgart conceded four goals.
- Stuttgart are the best team of the second half of the campaign, gaining 31 points.
- No team has taken more points from the last five league games than Stuttgart (12, along with Werder and Wolfsburg).
- Stuttgart have only lost one home match (1-3 against Hamburg) under new manager Christian Gross, but won six.
- Bayer have lost their last three away matches.
Wolfsburg v Werder
- None of the 30 competitive games between Wolfsburg and Werder have ended nil-all.
- The reigning German champions have won their last three games without conceding.
- Bremen have scored the most goals this season in the Bundesliga (63).
- Wolfsburg have scored in the last 20 league games, one more would equal their own club record of scoring sequences in the Bundesliga.
- The Wolves have won seven of their last eight Bundesliga games (one defeat). Bremen have won four out of their last five Bundesliga games (one defeat).
- Edin Dzeko is the current Bundesliga top scorer, for the first time in his career in Germany.
Schalke v Mönchengladbach
- In 73 BL games againt Mönchengladbach, Schalke have won just 21 games and lost 29.
- Schalke are unbeaten in their last 13 Bundesliga home games against Mönchengladbach (nine wins, four draws).
- Schalke have lost just one of their last 12 home games (nine wins, two draws).
- Gladbach are without a win in eight away games (five defeats, three draws), currently the second-longest run in the league.
- Schalke have scored 21 of their 49 goals from set pieces, the third-most in the league. Gladbach have conceded 20 goals from set pieces (second-most).
- Schalke have scored the most headed goals (17) and the highest proportion of headed goals (35%). Kevin Kuranyi has scored seven of these, the most in the league.
Hamburg v Mainz
- Mainz have won only one of seven games against Hamburg (three defeats, three draws).
- Mainz have achieved 10 of their 11 wins this season by a margin of only one goal.
- Mainz are, together with Mönchengladbach, the worst away team in Bundesliga , picking up only 10 points on the road and winning only one of their last 12 away matches (eight defeats, three draws).
- Hamburg are unbeaten in eight home games (three wins, five draws), currently the longest run of its kind in the Bundesliga.
- Mainz matches have seen the fewest goals this season (67, the same as Köln).
- Hamburg's top scorer in competitive games, Mladen Petric, has not scored for 708 Bundesliga minutes.
Freiburg v Nürnberg
- Only Hertha have taken fewer points at home (nine) than Freiburg (10).
- Freiburg are the worst team in the second part of the campaign.
- Freiburg have conceded 25 goals in the final 30 minutes of games, a league high.
- Nürnberg have won four of their last five league games against Freiburg (one defeat).
- None of the last seven encounters between these sides in Bundesliga has ended in a draw (four wins for Nürnberg, three for Freiburg).
- Only Freiburg have conceded more goals away from home (31) than Nürnberg (29).
Bayern v Hannover
- Hannover 96 have won only one of their 20 Bundesliga matches at Munich, managing only two draws, and losing 17 in the process.
- No team has defeated 96 more often in the Bundesliga than Bayern (26 times), while no side has scored more goals against Hannover than Bayern (106).
- FC Bayern have won only one of their last four Bundesliga matches (one draw, two defeats).
- This game will see the league's best and worst defences meet. With 28 goals conceded (a league best with Schalke 04), FCBM have conceded exactly half as many goals as H96.
- Hannover have taken 10 points from their last six games (three wins, one draw), more than they had won in the previous 16 matches (only eight points).
- Bayern have scored goals in each of their last 19 league fixtures, something they last achieved over 17 years ago (August 1992 - March 1993; 20 games).
Dortmund v Hoffenheim
- Dortmund have won each of their last four home matches and seven of their last eight at Signal-Iduna-Park (one defeat).
- Hoffenheim are without a win in six matches (only Bochum have gone longer, eight) and have managed just one goal over this span.
- Hoffenheim have picked up just nine points from 13 games in 2010, putting them in 17th place in the post-winter break table.
- Hoffenheim's leading goal scorer Vedad Ibisevic (9 goals this season) hasn't hit the mark in over seven hours (459 minutes).
- Hoffenheim have managed just one goal in the last six games, their lowest tally ever for six Bundesliga games.
Frankfurt v Hertha
- This will be the 50th meeting between the two in the Bundesliga. Hertha have won more games against Frankfurt than against any other team (24).
- Eintracht have won just one BL game against Hertha in the last ten years (two draws, three defeats).
- Hertha have scored 15 of their 17 goals in 2010 away from home.
- Berlin have won four games in 2010, all away. Only Stuttgart have won more (five). In the first half of the season, Hertha won just one game (1-0 in Hannover).
- Only one BL club has ever managed to avoid relegation with 22 points after 30 games (converted to three-point rule).
- Frankfurt have won 20 points after going behind, the most in the league. Hertha have won just two.