Capital One Cup revenge on the cards
Chelsea v Manchester United. - Betting Preview
After Sunday's controversial meeting between these two giants of English football, Chelsea will be desperate to exact revenge for the defeat that ended their unbeaten start to this year's Premier League season. (View Card Markets if you think there will be a repeat of that games refereeing antics)
This Capital One Cup fourth round match gives the Red's the opportunity to prove, once again, their superiority over the League leaders.
Manchester United's away form against top opposition has, in this competition, been less than inspiring of late; however on Sunday they displayed their customary bite and grit that has been a major part of their winning formula over the last 20 years.
Sir Alex Ferguson has been at the helm throughout, while Chelsea have swapped managers on such a regular basis, that Roberto Di Matteo knows every result counts.
Despite Chelsea's Champions League glory, European success is extremely difficult to complete, with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid in opposition, and domestic victories take on increased prestige.
In a battle between two great teams, everyone will be hoping that the players take centre stage and ball skills define a deserved winner and a valiant loser. (5 goals again? Over 4.5 Goals @ 15/4)
As this is a Cup match, I would advise that you take note of the possibility of extra time and penalties (To Qualify - Chelsea 4/6, Man Utd 11/10), as well as standard 90 minute markets, when placing your bets and a cursory glance of the expected and final line ups is always beneficial for these ties.
As always, we have hundreds of markets on the match, including the ever popular Both teams to score (Yes 1/2 and No 6/4) and our regular Enhanced Headline Offers: Daniel Surridge to score and Chelsea to win in 90 mins @ 4/1 and Javier Hernandez to score and Man Utd to win in 90 minutes @ 6/1
Worth a Punt:
Chelsea to gain revenge in another 5 goal thriller - Chelsea to win 3-2 in 90 minutes @ 22/1
Interesting bet markets:
The 90 minute, Corners and Card Treble - Chelsea Win and Over 12 Corners and Over 6 Cards @ 25/1
- Chelsea and Manchester United have been drawn together three times in the past, with the Red Devils winning the two one off ties and Chelsea progressing over two legs with a home draw and an away win in the 2005 semi-final..
- Manchester United have lost eight and won just three of their last 13 League Cup matches against top flight opponents on the road.
- Javier Hernandez has scored in five of eight appearances against Chelsea in all competitions and in three of the last four.
- Robin van Persie has scored six goals at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League more than any other player in the division's history.
- Wayne Rooney has scored five goals in his last six appearances in all competitions against Chelsea.
- Man Utd have won five and lost none of the last six matches against Chelsea in all competitions.