Carling Cup Final Opta Facts - 27 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arsenal v Birmingham City
- Nicklas Bendtner has scored six goals in his last seven Carling Cup appearances.
- Arsenal have made the League Cup final on six previous occasions, winning just twice.
- Arsenal have met Birmingham only once in the League Cup winning 4-1 after extra time & with Jason Crowe earning Arsenal's fastest ever red card.
- Samir Nasri has scored in all three of his appearances against Birmingham City.
- Birmingham have played two League Cup finals winning in 1963 and losing on penalties in 2001.
- Birmingham have conceded the first goal in seven of their last nine Carling Cup matches and four of the six they have played this season.
- Six of the eight goals that Birmingham have scored against Arsenal in the Premier League have been from set pieces.
- Mike Dean was the referee when he sent off Martin Taylor for a tackle that broke Eduardo's leg and awarded a controversial last-minute penalty to Birmingham in February 2008 in a 2-2 draw at St Andrews.
- There have been four red cards in the last eight Premier League games between Arsenal and Birmingham and an additional charge and three match ban for stamping by Lee Bowyer in the last game on New Year's Day.
- Birmingham have scored the highest proportion of goals from set pieces in the Premier League (56%) while Arsenal have conceded the most (52%).
- Arsenal are unbeaten in 11 games in all competitions and are the only Premier League side yet to be beaten in the league in 2011.
- Robin van Persie has scored five goals in his last three games in all competitions.