Carling Cup Opta Facts - 29 and 30 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arsenal v Manchester City
- Arsenal have reached the quarter finals for the ninth successive season, a record for the competition.
- City have only failed to score in one of their last 20 Carling Cup matches.
- Arsenal and City have been drawn against each other six times, with the Gunners progressing on the first five occasions, but City winning the last meeting in December 2009.
- City have failed to score in their last three matches against Arsenal, but the last two meetings at the Emirates have ended 0-0.
- Man City have won none of their last 28 visits to Arsenal in League and Cup, losing 20 times.
- Since winning 3-2 at Highbury in October 1975, City have only managed 10 goals in their 28 visits and more than one in a game just once (2-2 April 1991).
- Arsenal have won 13 and lost none of their last 14 Carling Cup home games since losing 0-1 to Middlesbrough in 2004.
- Of the nine all-Premier League ties in the League Cup this season, only three of the sides drawn at home have won the game in normal or extra time (excl. penalties).
- Arsenal have lost just one of 58 midweek matches at the Emirates Stadium in all competitions.
Cardiff City v Blackburn Rovers
- Cardiff and Blackburn haven't met since the 2004-05 FA Cup when Rovers won a replay 3-2 at home after drawing 1-1 at Ninian Park.
- Rovers have won three and lost none of the last five matches against Cardiff in all competitions.
- Blackburn have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight away Carling Cup matches and conceded nine in their last two games on the road.
- Rovers have gone nine League Cup games without a clean sheet, conceding 22 goals in that run.
- Cardiff have won eight and lost none of their last nine home Carling Cup matches.
- Blackburn Rovers have progressed to the next round on the last 14 occasions that they have faced a second-tier side in the League Cup.
- Cardiff have lost nine and drawn one of their last 10 Carling Cup matches against top-flight opposition.
Chelsea v Liverpool
- The Reds have kept just one clean sheet in their last 12 Carling Cup matches.
- Chelsea and Liverpool have played each other four times in the League Cup, with two wins apiece.
- Last season when Chelsea met Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, Raul Meireles was playing for the Reds and scored the winning goal.
- Liverpool have not won three successive meetings in all competitions against Chelsea. The last time that they won four in a row versus the Pensioners was August 1974.
- Chelsea have been eliminated at the League Cup quarter final stage on four of the last eight occasions that they have reached this round, including in 2009/10 when they lost on penalties to Blackburn Rovers.
- Liverpool have been knocked out of the League Cup at the quarter final stage on the last two occasions that they have got this far, including versus Chelsea (0-2 at Stamford Bridge) in December 2007.
Manchester United v Crystal Palace
- Michael Owen has scored 12 goals in his last 12 League Cup appearances.
- Manchester United suffered an embarrassing 0-4 away defeat at West Ham in the quarter-final of the Carling Cup last season.
- Before that game against West Ham, Manchester United had won five successive League Cup quarter-final ties.
- Crystal Palace have won their last three League Cup quarter final ties against top-flight opposition - Sunderland in 2000, Man City in 1994 and Chelsea in 1992.
- The Eagles have scored exactly two goals in each of their last four successive League Cup matches.
- Palace have failed to score in five of their last six games in all competitions against Manchester United.
- The Red Devils are unbeaten in their last 13 matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.
- Palace's last victory over Manchester United came back in May 1991 at Selhurst Park; 3-0 thanks to goals from Ian Wright and John Salako (2).