Champions League Opta Facts – 16-17 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Sevilla v CSKA Moscow
- Sevilla have won six of their seven Champions League games at the Sanchez-Pizjuan.
- CSKA Moscow have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 15 Champions League games.
- Sevilla have failed to score only once in their last 14 Champions League games.
- CSKA are unbeaten against Spanish opposition in European competition (two wins, two draws).
- CSKA Moscow have conceded the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play this season in the Champions League (six).
- Sevilla have failed to win their last four competitive matches (three draws and one defeat).
- Milos Krasic (4 goals) and Alan Dzagoev (3) have scored 64% of CSKA's goals in the Champions League this season.
Chelsea v Inter Milan
- Chelsea have made it past the last 16 of the Champions League in five of the last six seasons.
- On the other hand, Inter Milan have been knocked out at the last 16 stage in the last three seasons. In the last two Champions League campaigns, Inter have been knocked out by English clubs (Liverpool in 2007/08 and Manchester United in 2008/09).
- Inter have failed to win any of their last nine Champions League knock-out games away from home.
- Chelsea have scored in each of their last 12 Champions League games at Stamford Bridge.
- Didier Drogba has netted six goals in his last six Champions League outings at the Bridge.
Barcelona v Vfb Stuttgart
- Barcelona have won only four of their last 11 Champions League games, never scoring more than two goals in each of those games.
- The Catalans have won their last eight Champions League games against German opposition at the Nou Camp.
- Stuttgart have failed to win any of their last 11 European games against Spanish opposition (seven defeats, four draws).
- The German side has never made it past the last 16 stage of the Champions League.
- Stuttgart have never failed to score in their seven Champions League games this season.
- Lionel Messi has netted seven goals in his last five competitive appearances at the Camp Nou.
Bordeaux v Olympiakos
- Bordeaux have won six consecutive Champions League games, the best run in a Champions League campaign since Barcelona in 2002/03 (nine consecutive wins). Laurent Blanc's side have also kept a clean sheet in each of their last four Champions League outings.
- Laurent Blanc's side has the best defensive record in the competition, conceding only two goals in seven games.
- The Girondins have never made it past the last 16 of the Champions League.
- Olympiakos have only won two of their 38 away games in the Champions League (since 1992/93).
- The Piraeus club has also failed to score on its last four away games in the Champions League.
- Olympiakos have the worst attacking record of the teams still left in this season's Champions League, scoring only four goals in seven games.