Champions League Opta Facts – 20-21 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Tuesday, 20 April 2010
Inter Milan v Barcelona
- Both sides met in the group stages this season: the outcome was a goalless draw at the San Siro and a 2-0 win for Barcelona at Camp Nou.
- This is the fourth time Barcelona have reached the semi-finals of the Champions League in the last five seasons, winning twice (2006 and 2009).
- The last time Inter Milan reached the semi-finals of the Champions League was back in the 2002/03 season - they were eventually knocked out by AC Milan.
- Inter Milan have won their last five Champions League games, the best run currently in the competition. They have also kept three consecutive clean sheets.
- Barcelona have drawn seven of their last eight away games in the Champions League.
- The Blaugrana have kept a clean sheet in their last five Champions League games against Italian sides.
- Inter Milan have scored six goals from outside the box, the most in the Champions League this season.
- Barcelona have completed 6084 passes, a Champions League-high this season. That's 2931 more than Inter Milan (3153).
- 50% - Wesley Sneijder has been directly involved in six of Inter Milan's 12 goals in the Champions League this season: two goals, four assists.
- Lionel Messi is the top scorer in the Champions League this season with eight goals. He has netted seven in his last five Champions League games.
Wednesday, 21 April 2010
Bayern Munich v Lyon
- Bayern Munich and Lyon have met six times in the Champions League with the record evenly balanced: two wins each and two draws.
- The Bavarians have failed to win any of their last four Champions League games at home against French sides, including defeats against Lyon and Bordeaux.
- Lyon have won four of their last five Champions League games away to German sides.
- The last time Bayern Munich reached the semi-finals of the Champions League was back in the 2000/01 season - they eventually won the trophy on a penalty shoot-out against Valencia.
- This is the first time Lyon have reached the last four of the Champions League and the first time since 2004 a French side has been in the semi-finals of the competition (Monaco).
- Lyon have the best defensive record in the Champions League this season, conceding only six goals in 10 games.
- Bayern Munich are the most prolific side in the last 30 minutes in this season's Champions League with 11 goals.
- The Bavarians have scored four goals from corners, the most in the Champions League this season.
- Lyon have seen their woodwork rattled six times, the most in the Champions League this season.
- 41% - Miralem Pjanic has been involved in seven of Lyon's 17 goals in the Champions League this season: four goals, three assists.
- Ivica Olic has scored four goals in his last four Champions League starts for Bayern Munich.
- Arjen Robben has found the net in each of his last three Champions League games for Bayern Munich.