Champions League Opta Facts - 20 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Debreceni v Fiorentina
- No Hungarian side has ever won a home match in the Champions League; in six attempts.
- The Hungarian side are among four teams to have conceded the most goals this season in the competition - five.
- Fiorentina have only won twice in their previous 10 away fixtures in the Champions League.
- Fiorentina have met Hungarian opposition four times in European competition (three wins, one defeat), scoring at least once in each match.
- Fiorentina's last three European goals have come from 19 year-old Stevan Jovetic.
- Debreceni have allowed their opponents the most shots in the Champions League this season - 35 in only two matches.
Liverpool v Lyon
- Liverpool have won six of their eight Champions League encounters against French sides, conceding only three goals in the process.
- Steven Gerrard has scored four goals in his last three Champions League appearances against French opposition.
- Miralem Pjanic has scored or assisted four of Lyon's five goals this season in this competition.
- Lyon have never won or kept a clean sheet in six matches against English opposition in the Champions League.
- Lyon have scored 13 goals in their last four away matches in the Champions League.
- Liverpool have been defeated just once at home in the Champions League group stages since 2002 - by another French side, Olympique Marseille in October 2007.
Barcelona v Rubin Kazan
- No Russian side has managed a win in Spain in the Champions League since CSKA Moscow won in Barcelona in the inaugural competition in November 1992.
- Barcelona have kept a clean sheet in their last three Champions League matches.
- The Russian side are without a win in three away matches in all competitions.
- Rubin Kazan's two Champions League goals have both been scored by striker Alejandro Dominguez, and both were the first goal of the game.
- Only six visiting teams have managed to keep a clean sheet in 71 matches at the Camp Nou in the Champions League.
- Pep Guardiola's men have won all five of their competitive home matches this season.
Internazionale v Dinamo Kiev
- The sides met in the 2003/04 Champions League, with Inter winning 2-1 at home and drawing 1-1 in Kiev.
- Inter have failed to score a single goal in their last three home matches in the Champions League, and have scored just two in their last six.
- Jose Mourinho's men have gone seven consecutive Champions League matches without a win.
- Dinamo's only win on Italian soil in the Champions League was awarded by default, against Roma in September 2004.
- Jose Mourinho has just a 20% win ratio with Inter Milan in the Champions League; it was 48% when he managed Chelsea.
- No Eastern European side has ever won at the San Siro in the Champions League, whether against Inter or AC Milan.
Rangers v Unirea Urziceni
- No side has conceded more goals than Rangers so far in the competition (5).
- Rangers have won none of their last six Champions League fixtures.
- Rangers have conceded seven goals in their last two home matches in this competition (two defeats).
- The only Romanian side Rangers have previously met in European competition is Steaua Bucharest, who failed to win any of their three trips to Glasgow (two defeats and one draw).
- Rangers have only won one of their last seven home matches in this competition.
- Romanian teams have only claimed eight victories in 52 Champions League matches (15% win ratio).
Stuttgart v Sevilla
- These sides have met just once before, in the group stage of the 2008/09 UEFA Cup, Sevilla won 2-0 at home.
- Luis Fabiano has been directly involved in 83% of Sevilla's goals after two match days (two goals, three assists).
- Sevilla have scored more headed goals (3) than any other side this season in the Champions League.
- The Germans have only won one of their last 11 Champions League matches.
- Stuttgart have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight fixtures in this competition.
- Former Spurs striker Frederic Kanoute has scored eight goals in his last 11 European appearances.
AZ Alkmaar v Arsenal
- AZ have only lost once in their 34 home matches in European competition.
- Arsenal have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight away matches in the Champions League, and have won just twice in this period.
- Arsenal have conceded just five goals and never more than one in their 10 Champions League encounters against Dutch sides.
- Four of Arsenal's five goals have been scored after the 75th minute. No other team has scored more than two during that period.
- By winning the Eredivisie last season, AZ became the first side other than Ajax, Feyenoord or PSV to claim the Dutch title in 28 years.
Olympiakos v Standard Liege
- Olympiakos have kept a clean sheet in their last four home matches in this competition, shutting out teams such as Real Madrid and Chelsea.
- The Greek side are unbeaten in their last six home fixtures in this competition.
- The four Champions League encounters between Greek and Belgian teams have all ended in draws.
- Standard Liege have the lowest average possession in the Champions League after two match days, 34%.
- No Belgian team has ever reached the knock out stages of the Champions League.