Champions League Opta Facts – 27-28 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Tuesday, 27 April 2010
Lyon v Bayern Munich
- The last side to win at Stade Gerland in the Champions League were Bayern Munich (3-2, December 2008). The Bavarians have never failed to score in three trips to Lyon.
- Bayern Munich and Lyon have met seven times in the Champions League: three wins for the German side, two for Lyon and two draws.
- Bayern Munich last reached the final of the Champions League nine years ago, in 2001 when they beat Valencia on penalties. Lyon, on the other hand, have never made it this far. The last French side to play in the Champions League final were Monaco in 2004, losing 3-0 to Porto.
- Lyon are winless in their last four competitive games (two defeats, two draws).
- Claude Puel's side have won their last three Champions League games at Stade Gerland.
- Bayern Munich are the most prolific side in the last 30 minutes in this season's Champions League with 12 goals.
- Louis van Gaal's side have picked up three red cards in the Champions League this season, all against French clubs.
- On the other hand, Lyon have picked up a red card in each of their last three competitive games.
- Arjen Robben has found the net in each of his last four Champions League games for Bayern Munich.
- Philipp Lahm is one of two outfield players not to have missed a single minute of action in the Champions League so far this season, along with Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti.
- Lisandro Lopez has scored three goals in his last three Champions League starts at Stade Gerland.
Wednesday, 28 April 2010
Barcelona v Inter Milan
- Since losing at Barcelona last November, Inter Milan are on a run of six consecutive wins in the Champions League, the best current streak and also Inter's best ever run in the competition.
- Inter Milan last reached the final of the European Cup 38 years ago, in 1972 (they lost 2-0 against Ajax). Barcelona, on the other hand, have played in the final in two of the last four seasons, winning both times.
- Jose Mourinho has won the won the Champions League once, back in 2004 with Porto (3-0 against Monaco).
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last eight knockout Champions League games at Camp Nou, winning six and drawing two.
- The Catalans have scored four goals in each of their last two Champions League games at Camp Nou.
- This is the fourth time Inter and Barcelona will play each other this season: both sides met in the group stages this season with the outcome a goalless draw at the San Siro and a 2-0 win for Barcelona at Camp Nou.
- Inter won the semi-final 1st leg 3-1 last week in Milan.
- Barcelona completed 395 more passes than Inter Milan in the 1st leg last week.
- Diego Milito was involved in all three of Inter Milan's goals at the San Siro last week: one goal and two assists.
- Lionel Messi is the top scorer in the Champions League this season with eight goals. He has scored seven goals in four Champions League games at Camp Nou this season.
- Messi has scored seven goals in four Champions League home games this season, and only one in six away from Camp Nou.