Champions League Opta Facts - 29 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
AZ v Standard Liege
- Three of the four previous clashes between Belgian and Dutch sides in the Champions League have ended with the Dutch team defeated.
- AZ's only meeting with a Belgian side to date came on their way to the final of the 1981 UEFA Cup, beating Lokeren St. Niklaas 2-0 at home before losing 1-0 away in the quarter-finals.
- Standard have failed to win any of their last four matches in European competition.
- AZ have won five of their last six competitive matches at home.
- AZ have only lost once in 33 home matches in European competition, it was against Everton in December 2007.
Arsenal v Olympiakos
- Arsenal drew their last two matches against Greek sides in the Champions League - both group stage matches with Panathinaikos in 2004, 1-1 at home and 2-2 away.
- Olympiakos have faced English opposition eight times in this competition, but won only once, 1-0 at home to Liverpool in 2004.
- The Greek side have conceded at least three goals in all four of their Champions League visits to England, including a 3-0 defeat in London at Stamford Bridge in March 2008.
- Arsenal have kept only one clean sheet in their last six matches in the Champions League proper.
- Arsenal's defeat at home to Manchester United in the semi-finals of last year's competition was not only their first defeat in the Champions League at the Emirates, but also ended an unbeaten run of 24 home games in the competition.
- Olympiakos have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four Champions League matches.
Barcelona v Dynamo Kiev
- Barcelona have lost on two of the last three occasions on which they have hosted Ukrainian opposition in the Champions League, including 3-2 against Shakhtar last season.
- Dinamo Kiev have won three of their four matches against Barcelona in the Champions League.
- Four of Barcelona's last five Champions League matches have ended in a draw.
- The Blaugrana have bagged only three goals in their last four games in the competition, but have conceded only once in the same period.
- Dinamo have won just one of their last 11 games away from home in the Champions League, failing to score on eight of these 11 occasions.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has only scored one goal in his last 11 Champions League appearances.
Debrecen v Lyon
- Debrecen have once before met French opposition in Europe, losing 5-1 away to Bordeaux in the first round of the 2001/02 UEFA Cup before a 3-1 home win.
- Lyon have scored in 14 of their last 15 Champions League matches, only failing to find the net at Old Trafford.
- Debrecen have won their three home matches in this season's Champions League qualifiers, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
The Hungarian side have won their last eight competitive home matches.
- Last season, the French side failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their four away matches in Europe.
- Lisandro Lopez has netted nine goals in his last nine appearances in European competition.
Fiorentina v Liverpool
- Liverpool have lost just one of their eight matches against Italian sides in the competition - the 2-1 2007 final loss to AC Milan.
- The Reds have not conceded a single goal in their three trips to Italy in the Champions League.
- Fiorentina are yet to concede against English sides at home in this competition, shutting out both Manchester United and Arsenal in 1999.
- Liverpool have scored in 21 consecutive Champions League proper matches.
- However, the Reds have only kept one clean sheet in seven away from home in the competition.
- The Italians have won only one of their last 10 Champions League proper ties.
Rangers v Sevilla
- Rangers have never beaten Spanish opposition in the Champions League, drawing three times and losing three times.
- The Teddy Bears are without a win in five consecutive Champions League games.
- However, the 'Gers have lost just one of their last seven at Ibrox in the competition.
- Sevilla have won seven of their last eight Champions League outings scoring at least twice in each match.
- To date, both of Sevilla's defeats in the competition have come away from home.
- Luis Fabiano has scored eight goals in his last 11 Champions League appearances.
Rubin Kazan v Inter Milan
- Rubin Kazan's only previous meeting with an Italian side came in the 2006/07 UEFA Cup, losing 1-0 home and away to Parma.
- Inter have won their last four matches against Russian opponents in the competition.
- However in all eight matches against teams from Russia in the Champions League, the Nerazzurri have only managed one clean sheet.
- Inter are without a win in six Champions League matches, losing half of these.
- Jose Mourinho's men have scored just once in five matches in the competition.
Unirea Urziceni v VfB Stuttgart
- There have only been six previous meetings between German and Romanian sides in the Champions League, with the Germans winning five of these and drawing the other.
- In total, German sides have kept five clean sheets in six matches with teams from Romania in the competition.
- Prior to this season, Unirea's only previous experience of playing in a major European competition (further than qualification) saw them draw 0-0 in Germany with Hamburg in the first round of last season's UEFA Cup before losing 2-0 at home.
- Stuttgart's only previous experience of playing Romanian sides was when they defeated Rapid Bucharest 2-1 at home in the 2005/06 UEFA Cup group stage.