Champions League Opta Facts - 30 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
AC Milan v FC Zurich
- AC Milan's only previous experience against a Swiss side in the competition came in 1993, when they beat FC Aarau 1-0 on the road but drew 0-0 at home.
- The only previous two Champions League encounters between Swiss and Italian sides in Italy saw the Swiss teams fail to score in both (FC Aarau in 1993 and Basel in 2002).
- In the third round of the 1998/99 UEFA Cup, Zurich lost 1-0 away to AS Roma before drawing 2-2 at home - their only previous tie against an Italian side in Europe.
- Since 2004, AC Milan have won 19 of their 24 matches at home in the Champions League.
- Filippo Inzaghi has netted nine goals in his last 10 Champions League appearances, including a brace in the 2007 final against Liverpool.
Apoel Nicosia v Chelsea
- In eight meetings between English and Cypriot sides, only once has the English team failed to win. In 2007 Spurs drew 1-1 with Anorthosis Famagusta in the 1st round of the UEFA Cup having won 6-1 at home.
- Apoel have drawn all three of their Champions League matches to date (two in 1992 and their 0-0 draw at Atletico Madrid).
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last 17 matches in the competition, however the Pensioners have won just one of their last nine away matches in the Champions League.
- Chelsea's last three matches in the competition have produced just three goals.
- No Cypriot side has ever been defeated at home in the Champions League - three draws, one win, and they have scored at least twice on each occasion.
Bayern Munich v Juventus
- Juventus have won three of their four clashes with Bayern Munich in the Champions League, however their last trip to Munich (October 2005), ended in a 2-1 defeat.
- The Bavarians have lost just one of their last five matches with Italian competition in the Champions League on home soil.
- Juventus have never failed to score against German opposition in the competition (13 games).
- Against all opposition, Bayern have only lost one of their last 17 matches at home in the competition - their previous defeat at home came against Juventus (1-0) in November 2004.
- Juve have drawn four of their last five Champions League ties, losing the other.
- The Italian side has also failed to score in its last two away matches in the competition.
Bordeaux v Maccabi Haifa
- Five of Bordeaux's last eight Champions League clashes on home soil have ended in defeat.
- The Girondins have kept only one clean sheet in 12 matches in the competition.
- Maccabi Haifa's last three games in the Champions League have seen at least one side score three goals (0-3 defeat to Bayern, 3-3 draw with Olympiakos and a 3-0 win over Manchester United).
- The Israeli side has never won away from home in the competition, losing twice and drawing once, conceding 10 goals in the process.
- No Israeli side has ever won an away match in the Champions League (seven defeats, one draw).
- Maccabi are unbeaten against French sides in European competition (two wins, one draw).
CSKA Moscow v Besiktas
- CSKA have lost five straight matches in the Champions League and eight of their last nine.
- Besiktas have failed to score in six of their last eight games in the Champions League, losing each of these six matches. However, on the two occasions that Besiktas did find the net, they won.
- CSKA have only won four of their 14 home matches in the Champions League.
- Besiktas have only won once in 14 away matches in the Champions League, scoring only seven goals and conceding 38.
- No Russian side has won a home match in the Champions League since 2006, when CSKA Moscow beat Arsenal 1-0.
FC Porto v Atletico Madrid
- Atletico and Porto met at the last 16 stage last season, where a 2-2 draw in Spain was followed by a 0-0 draw in Portugal, sending Jesualdo Ferreira's side to the Quarter Finals.
- Four of the last five meetings between FC Porto and Spanish opposition have ended in a draw, with the Portuguese side winning the other game.
- Six of Atletico's last seven matches in the competition have ended in stalemate.
- In all, the Colchoneros are unbeaten in nine consecutive games in the Champions League.
- Porto are without a win in five Champions League clashes.
- The Dragons have failed to score in three of their last four matches at home in the competition.
Man Utd v Wolfsburg
- United have lost just one of their last eight meetings with German opposition in the Champions League.
- Manchester United have been defeated just once in their last 27 Champions League games - in the final last season, and just once in 42 Champions League games at Old Trafford.
- Grafite has scored six goals in six appearances in European competition.
- Manchester United are the only English side to have been defeated at home by a German team in the Champions League, it happened twice: against Bayern Munich in 2001 and against Borussia Dortmund in 1997.
- Manchester United have only won four of their 15 encounters against German sides in the Champions League.
- Wayne Rooney has failed to score in his last five Champions League appearances.
Real Madrid v Marseille
- The two sides met in the 2003/04 Champions League, with Real winning both group stage clashes (4-2 at home and 2-1 on the road).
- No French side has ever won at the Bernabeu in the Champions League (two defeats, two draws).
- The Merengues have not drawn any of their last 13 Champions League ties, winning six and losing seven.
- Real Madrid have lost three of their last five home matches in the Champions League.
- L'OM have managed only one win in their last 11 matches in the competition, losing eight.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored six goals in his last seven Champions League appearances.