Championship Opta Facts - 7-8 November
Bolton v Wigan
- Bolton have failed to win any of their last three at home to Wigan, drawing two (L1).
- Both teams have scored in each of the last six matches between Bolton and Wigan; with 18 goals scored in total.
- Uwe Rosler's side have won just one of their last 11 league games (D6 L4).
- Wanderers have already taken four more points from five games under Neil Lennon (9) than they did in 11 games before he joined (5).
- The Trotters have scored nine goals in five games under Lennon; they mustered eight in 11 before him.
- The Latics have only won once on the road all season, though that did come at promotion-chasing Derby.
Derby v Wolves
- Derby have won only one of their last 15 league clashes against Wolves, losing seven (D7).
- Wolves are unbeaten in each of their last nine trips to Derby, winning five (D4).
- 29 points from 16 games is Derby's best start to a season since 1986/87 (30), when they were promoted to the top-flight of English football.
- Chris Martin has netted seven goals in his last eight league appearances.
- Wolves have scored in nine of their last 10 league games.
- The Black Country side have only won one of their last six on the road, though they have drawn four of those (W1).
Birmingham v Cardiff
- Birmingham have lost just one of their last 13 home encounters with Cardiff, claiming seven victories in the process (D5).
- Cardiff have won three and drawn two of their last five matches against Birmingham.
- Birmingham have not won consecutive league games at St Andrews since October 2013, when they won 4-1 against Sheffield Wednesday and 4-0 against Millwall.
- The Blues have only kept one clean sheet in their last 20 home league games, conceding 46 in total.
- Cardiff have the joint best home record in the Championship this term (18 points) but the second-worst away record (4).
- The Welsh side are without a clean sheet in 13 league games; the longest run of any side in the second tier this campaign.
Brighton v Blackburn
- Brighton scored three goals in both of their matches against Blackburn last season (W1 D1), after scoring just six across their previous seven versus Rovers.
- Jordan Rhodes has scored three goals in four games against Brighton for Blackburn.
- Rudy Gestede has scored 22 goals in the Championship (incl. play-offs) in 2014, more than any other player.
- The in-form striker has scored four goals in his last three league games.
- Jake Forster-Caskey has created more chances without getting an assist than any other Championship player this term (24).
- The Seagulls have scored exactly once in six of their last seven league games, but have only managed one clean sheet in that run (W1 D4 L2).
Fulham v Huddersfield
- Fulham have gone five games unbeaten against Huddersfield, winning the last three (D2).
- Prior to that run, Huddersfield had won three in a row in 1993; their longest winning run against Fulham.
- Bryan Ruiz has scored three goals in his last two appearances, including one penalty and one Olympic corner.
- No side has scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes of games than Huddersfield this season (5).
- Fulham have only lost two of nine league games under Kit Symons (W4 D3).
- The Terriers have only lost one of their eight league games, winning four and drawing three.
Ipswich v Watford
- Ipswich have scored just 12 goals in their last 17 games against Watford in league competition and never more than once in that run.
- Watford have won 13, drawn four and lost just one of their last 18 games against Ipswich Town.
- Daryl Murphy has scored nine goals in his last 10 Championship appearances.
- Watford have scored and conceded in eight of their last nine league games.
- Mick McCarthy's side have lost just one of their last 12 league games, winning six.
- The Hornets have had more managers (4) than away wins (3) this season.
Leeds v Blackpool
- Luke Murphy scored a brace as Leeds ran out 2-0 winners in this exact fixture last season (April 2014); he hasn't scored for Leeds since.
- Blackpool have failed to score in their last two trips to Leeds, losing both games. Indeed, they've never gone three in a row without netting there.
- Only once in Blackpool's league history have they had fewer than seven points after 16 league games (four in 1898/99).
- Indeed the last team in any division to start a season with fewer than seven points from 16 games (excluding points deductions) were Derby in the Premier League in 2007/08 (6).
- Leeds are the only Championship side yet to score a headed goal this term and are also the only side yet to score in the opening 15 minutes.
- Blackpool, meanwhile, are the only side yet to score in the final 15 minutes of games.
Middlesborough v Bournemouth
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in their last six against Bournemouth, winning two and drawing four.
- Bournemouth's only previous league victory against Boro came at home back in March 1987 (3-1).
- Bournemouth currently occupy the highest league position in their history; they have never played in the top tier before.
- Indeed only once in the last 27 seasons have the Cherries had more than 30 points after 16 games (32 in 2009/10, when they were promoted from League Two).
- Middlesbrough, also on 30 points, are actually two points worse off than they were at this stage in 2012/13, when they slumped to a 16th place finish.
- Matt Richie is the leading assister in the Championship this term with eight.
Millwall v Brentford
- Millwall have won four and lost none of their last eight versus the Bees.
- Brentford have gone 10 games without keeping a clean sheet against Millwall.
- The Bees are the only side in the second tier yet to lose a point from a winning position, winning all seven games they have held the lead in.
- Millwall have only won one of their last 11 league games, drawing five and losing five.
- Despite that, the Lions are unbeaten in three at the New Den (W1 D2) and have only lost one of their last six (W2 D3).
- Jon-Miquel Toral has scored in each of Brentford's last two away games.
Nottingham Forest v Norwich
- Forest have lost only one of their last nine at home to the Canaries, winning five (D3).
- Norwich have failed to score in four of their last six trips to the City Ground, though they did bag three goals in their last two there.
- The Canaries have only scored four goals in their last seven league games, with Cameron Jerome bagging three of them.
- Nottingham Forest are without a win in nine league games (D5 L4).
- Stuart Pearce's side have conceded two or more goals in each of their last six.
- After scoring eight goals in his first seven league games for the Tricky Trees, Britt Assombalonga has only scored one in his last nine.
Reading v Charlton
- Reading have kept four clean sheets in their last six encounters against Charlton, though they shipped a total of six goals in the other two games.
- Charlton have failed to score in their last two against Reading; they've never gone three in a row without scoring.
- Reading have scored exactly three times in five of their last six home games.
- Indeed in their last 11 league games, Reading have either scored or conceded exactly three goals a total of 10 times.
- The Addicks have only won one of their eight away league games this season, but they have drawn five.
- Charlton are without a clean sheet in six league games, conceding nine goals in this process.
Sheff Wed v Rotherham
- Sheffield Wednesday have scored in 15 of their last 16 league clashes with the Millers.
- After losing four in a row away to Hillsborough between 1977 and 1981, Rotherham have won their last three.
- Sheffield Wednesday are without a win in nine games in all competitions (D5 L4).
- No team in the top four tiers have scored fewer goals at home than the Owls this term (three).
- Rotherham have failed to score in six of their seven league defeats this term.
- Hillsborough has seen fewer goals than any other Championship ground this season (11).