Champions League Quarter Finals Opta Facts
The second legs of this year's Champions League Quarter Finals take place this week and we've got the information you need for all your Champions League betting.
There were certainly some surprises in the first legs as two of the most famous stadia in world football were stormed by the away teams.
Firstly, Porto managed to score two away goals at Old Trafford, the home of Manchester United. On Wednesday it was the turn of Liverpool's famous Anfield where Rafa Benitez's team leaked three goals to Chelsea.
So who knows what's going to happen this weekend? Let the Opta Facts guide you to making an informed bet on the Champions League. It's not opinion, it's fact - provided by Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance statistics.
FC Porto v Manchester United | read betting preview | bet now
- Porto have never lost at home against English opposition in European competition.
- No English side have scored more than one goal at Porto.
- The Red Devils are unbeaten in their last 22 Champions League matches, but their win over Inter was their only victory in the last six games in the competition.
- United’s last away defeat in Champions League was two years ago against Milan (3-0) and since then they have managed six draws and four wins.
- United’s record in Portugal sees the Red Devils with three wins, two defeats and one draw.
- Porto have lost just once in their last 14 Champions League home games, this coming in a 1-0 defeat to Dinamo Kiev.
- Porto have kept four clean sheets in their last six Champions League home fixtures.
Arsenal v Villarreal | read betting preview | bet now
- Arsenal have only scored three goals in their last six Champions League matches.
- Villarreal have played seven Champions League games against an English side, with a record of six draws – five of those goalless - and a 1-0 defeat to Arsenal in the semi-final in 2006.
- Arsenal have kept a clean sheet in their last five home matches against Spanish opposition in the Champions League.
- Arsene Wenger’s side have kept 19 clean sheets in their last 27 Champions League home matches.
- Arsenal are the only team left in the competition who yet to concede at home in the Champions League this term.
- Villarreal have scored 13 goals so far; six of them coming in a single game against Aalborg.
Bayern Munich v Barcelona | read betting preview | bet now
- Barcelona have scored 28 goals in nine games, an average of 3.1 goals per game, slightly higher than the 2.9 managed so far in their domestic league.
- Lionel Messi is the competition top-goal scorer with eight goals so far.
- Pep Guardiola’s team have scored exactly equal amount of goals in the first half and second half in the Champions League so far this season.
- The first leg 4-0 defeat was Bayern’s heaviest ever in the Champions League.
- Bayern have only won one and lost six of the last eight Champions League matches against Spanish opposition.
- Barcelona have won 11 and drawn one of their last 12 Champions League matches against German opposition.
Chelsea v Liverpool | read betting preview | bet now
- The team drawn at home in the first leg in each of the last three meetings in the knockout stages has been eliminated.
- Fernando Torres has scored five goals in his five appearances against the Blues.
- Didier Drogba has scored in his last four Champions League matches.
- Chelsea have got the most prolific defenders, with four goals in nine games so far.
- Chelsea have never before conceded three goals at home in the Champions League.
- Liverpool have never won an away game against another English side in Champions League.