Championship Opta Facts 23 August
Ipswich V Norwich
- Ipswich Town have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 12 against bitter rivals Norwich City.
- 18 goals have been scored in the last four meetings between these sides at Portman Road, an average of 4.5 per game.
- Indeed, both teams have scored in eight of the last nine league clashes.
- Lewis Grabban has netted 16 times in the Championship in 2014, more than any other player.
- Christophe Berra scored his first Championship brace in Ipswich's 2-2 with Birmingham in midweek.
- Bradley Johnson has scored in consecutive league games for the first time since August 2009.
Blackburn V Bournemouth
- Blackburn have won six of their previous eight home league clashes with the Cherries (D1 L1).
- Bournemouth won this exact fixture last season 1-0 courtesy of a Lewis Grabban goal.
- Tom Cairney has netted four goals in his last five league appearances for Blackburn Rovers. Indeed, both of his goals in this campaign have come from outside the box.
- Jordan Rhodes netted twice against Bournemouth last season. He is yet to register in this campaign.
- Matt Ritchie has provided two assists this season, equalling his tally for last season.
- After going six games without a goal at the end of 2013/14, Callum Wilson has scored three in three for the Cherries in league competition.
Brentford V Birmingham
- Brentford have lost their last three league games against Birmingham, they've not lost four in a row since 1947.
- Blues have only lost one of their last seven league games against the Bees, winning four (D2).
- Stuart Dallas has netted three goals in his last three games (all comps).
- Birmingham have lost three of their last four games on the road, drawing the other.
- The Bees are unbeaten in their last eight on home soil, winning seven and drawing one.
- No player has created more goalscoring chances for his teammates this season than Alex Pritchard (11).
Brighton V Bolton
- Brighton won both meetings with the Trotters last term, with former player Will Buckley netting three goals across those fixtures.
- Bolton are winless in four away to Brighton in league competition, losing three (D1).
- Five of Brighton's last six goals against Bolton have arrived in the second half.
- Bolton have lost only one of their last nine away matches in the second tier (W4 D4), though this defeat arrived in their most recent encounter on the road vs Watford (0-3).
- Bolton have dropped a league-high five points from leading positions in 2014/15.
- Brighton have faced fewer shots this season than any other Championship side (19).
Derby V Fulham
- Derby have failed to score in three of their last four league meetings with the Whites, losing one and drawing three.
- Fulham have only won one of their last seven league games at Derby, losing four (D2).
- Jamie Ward's brace against Charlton ended a run of 25 games in all competitions without a goal for the Derby attacker.
- Fulham have won only once in their last 11 away league games, losing eight (D2).
- Derby County have won their last seven games at the iPro Stadium (incl. play-offs), scoring 22 in the process.
- The Rams have faced a league-high 20 shots on target this term.
Huddersfield V Charlton
- The two sides met four times last season in all competitions with the Terriers winning two of the three clashes on home soil.
- Charlton have kept a clean sheet in three of their last five games against Huddersfield (all comps), winning two (D1 L2).
- Defender Joel Lynch scored in both home victories over Charlton last term.
- The Addicks have scored in eight of their last nine away at Huddersfield in all competitions.
- Huddersfield have won three of the last four home league clashes with Charlton, losing the other.
- Charlton's last two victories away to Huddersfield have come by a single goal.
Middlesbrough V Sheff Wed
- Middlesbrough have won six and drawn two of their last eight at home to Sheffield Wednesday.
- Sheffield Wednesday have failed to score in three of their last five away to ‘Boro, netting just twice.
- New signing Kike has scored three goals in four games for Middlesbrough this season.
- Atdhe Nuhiu has committed more fouls than any other player this season (10), though he is yet to be cautioned.
- Wednesday's Glenn Loovens is the only player to have been booked in all three games this term.
- Tomás Mejías has made fewer saves (2) than any other goalkeeper to have appeared in every game this season.
Millwall V Rotherham
- Millwall have won five and lost two of their last seven home encounters with the Millers.
- Rotherham have only won one of their last seven league games against Millwall, losing four (D2).
- Millwall are unbeaten in their last five at home in league competition (W2 D3), keeping a clean sheet in their last three.
- The Millers have picked up just one win from their last nine games in the second tier, losing seven (D1).
- Lee Frecklington (18) has made more tackles than any other player this term. He is also yet to be booked.
Nottm Forest V Reading
- Forest have won only one of their last six league encounters with the Royals, losing three (D2).
- The last nine victories in this fixture have been by a single goal margin, with Forest winning four and Reading winning five.
- Forest striker Britt Assombalonga has scored three goals from three shots on target this season.
- The Reds have scored exactly two goals in each of their last three Championship fixtures, winning two (D1).
- The Royals have kept one clean sheet in their last nine away matches, though they've lost just twice (W5 D2).
- Nottm Forest have recovered a joint-league-high four points from losing positions in 2014/15.
Watford V Leeds
- Watford have netted 15 goals in their last five clashes with Leeds, an average of three per game.
- Leeds have only lost one of their last seven league games at Watford, winning four (D2).
- Troy Deeney scored three times in two appearances against Leeds last season.
- After scoring just one goal in his previous 14 games, Lloyd Dyer has bagged two in his last three.
- Leeds have kept only one shutout in their last eight away games in league competition.
- Watford have afforded their opponents a league-high 61 shots in 2014/15.
Wigan V Blackpool
- Wigan are winless in four at home to Blackpool, losing three and drawing the other.
- Blackpool have kept three clean sheets in those aforementioned fixtures, scoring eight in the process.
- Blackpool won both fixtures against Wigan last season, keeping two clean sheets.
- Callum McManaman has fired in four of Wigan's six shots on target this season, netting two goals.
- The Tangerines have won only one of their last 17 away clashes, losing 12 (D4).
- Wigan are winless in seven in all competitions losing five. They've also conceded exactly two goals in four of their last five.
Wolves V Cardiff
- Wolves have scored in each of their last seven clashes with Cardiff City, winning three (D1 L3).
- Cardiff City have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last eight league trips to Wolves.
- Peter Whittingham's most recent hat-trick in league football came against Wolves back in September 2012.
- No side has faced fewer shots on target this term than newly-promoted Wolves (5), conceding just one goal so far (a joint-low).
- Rajiv van La Parra (12) has been fouled more times than any other player this season.
- Kenwyne Jones, who scored just one goal in 18 league appearances last term, has bagged three in three so far in 2014/15.