Championship Opta Facts – Sep 27-28
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brighton v Crystal Palace
- There have been three red cards in the last four clashes between these sides combined.
- The last two meetings between Brighton and Palace have seen the away side win.
- Albion have not beaten the Eagles at home since Boxing Day 1988.
- Ashley Barnes has scored six goals in his last eight appearances for Brighton in all competitions.
- After finding the net in each of their opening six games of the Championship season, Palace have failed to score in their last two.
Brighton have been the most fouled side in the Championship this season so far (109).
Bristol City v Reading
- Bristol City have won only one of their last four home games v Reading.
- City's last three goals v Reading have come before half-time.
- Bristol City have conceded just one first-half goal in their last six league games, but have let in five in the second half during this period.
- Simon Church's 10th minute strike against Coventry this weekend was the first goal that Reading have scored before half-time in the Championship this season.
Reading have been given a league-high four penalties this season, but have missed three of them.
Burnley v Nottingham Forest
- Burnley have won three of their last four games versus Forest, including a 5-0 win a Turf Moor three seasons ago.
In fact, Burnley have won their last three home matches against Nottingham Forest without conceding a goal.
- Charlie Austin has scored four goals in his last five league appearances for Burnley.
- Steve McClaren's side have scored in each of their last six league matches.
Coventry v Blackpool
- Blackpool's Brett Ormerod was sent off the last time these teams met in January last year.
The away side have not won any of the last 11 meetings between these sides in all competitions, with the last occasion this happened being back in April 1937.
- Gary McSheffrey's goal for Coventry this weekend was the first that the Sky Blues have scored in the first half of a Championship game this season.
- 13 of the 16 goals scored in Championship matches involving Blackpool this season have been netted in the second half.
Derby v Barnsley
- Four of the last five meetings between Derby and Barnsley have ended level, three of them 0-0.
- Derby have gone six games without a win versus the Tykes.
- The Rams have scored in all but one of their eight league games this season.
- Barnsley's last three league games have all ended 1-1.
In fact, all of Barnsley's last four league games have ended in a draw; the longest-such sequence seen in the Championship this term.
Doncaster v Hull
- Both meetings between Doncaster and Hull ended as 3-1 home wins last season.
- In fact, seven of the last eight clashes between Rovers and the Tigers have been home wins.
- Doncaster won their first game of the season at the weekend, becoming the last Championship team in 2011/12 to win a game.
- John Oster's goal in that match was only the third that Doncaster have scored in the Championship this season, with that total being a league-low.
- Hull have dropped just two points in their last four league games.
Portsmouth v Peterborough
- Peterborough have scored exactly two goals in three of their last four meetings with Portsmouth.
- This will be the first league clash between the sides since January 1994.
- Seven of the eight goals that Portsmouth have scored this season have arrived in the second half of games.
- Half of Peterborough's 14 goal total in the Championship this season came in one game (7-1 v Ipswich).
The Posh have failed to find the net in three of their last four league games.
Portsmouth have committed the most fouls in the Championship this season (124), while Peterborough have made the fewest (66).
Watford v Millwall
- Watford won both games v Millwall last season with a combined score of 7-1 (1-0 & 6-1).
- The Lions have won only one of their last eight clashes with the Hornets.
- Watford have the Championship's worst home record; winning just one point from their four games at Vicarage Road this season.
- Millwall have failed to score a goal in any of their last five games in all competitions.
Millwall and former Watford striker Darius Henderson has been booked in half of his six league appearances this season and was given a red card in his last trip to Vicarage Road.
West Ham v Ipswich
- West Ham have scored exactly two goals in four of their last five meetings with Ipswich.
The Hammers are unbeaten in their last five games against Ipswich Town.
- West Ham have won 17 of a possible 21 points in the league since their opening day defeat to Cardiff.
- Keith Andrews has scored in four of his six Championship starts since joining Ipswich Town.
Ipswich Town have conceded a league-high 16 goals in the Championship this term.
Cardiff v Southampton
- Eight of the last nine meetings between Cardiff and Southampton have been won by the home side, with the other ending in a draw.
Five of the six goals scored in the last four meetings between these two sides have been netted in the first half.
- Cardiff's 0-0 draw with Leicester City at the weekend was the first time that they have failed to score in a league match this season.
Four of the Bluebirds' last five league games have ended in a draw.
- Southampton have scored in every league game this season and have scored more goals than any other team (20) in the division.
Middlesbrough v Leicester
- Four of the last six games between Middlesbrough and Leicester have ended in a draw.
Leicester have lost just one of their last eight league games against Middlesbrough on Teeside.
- Middlesbrough have scored in seven of their eight league games this season, with their 0-0 draw versus Ipswich at the weekend being their first scoreless match.
- Darius Vassell has been given a red card and three yellow cards in his six Championship appearances this season.
The Foxes have conceded just one goal in their last three league games.