Championship Opta Facts - 1 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Preston
- The last three clashes between these sides, including this season's reverse fixture at Deepdale, have all been won by the away side.
- Preston are unbeaten in two visits to Oakwell. The Lilywhites won 3-0 in last season's corresponding fixture.
- The Tykes have only lost one of their last six at Oakwell, winning three and drawing two.
- Preston have only won one of their last 13 in the league; a 1-0 home victory over Ipswich on the 11th December.
Bristol City v Swansea
- There have only been four goals scored in the last eight meetings between these sides combined.
- Swansea have failed to score a single goal in any of their last four trips to Ashton Gate and have only registered two goals in their last eight trips combined.
- The Robins have failed to score in all of their last three league games.
- Swansea have lost three and drawn one of their last four away games in the Championship.
Cardiff v Reading
- Reading have only won one of their last five trips to Cardiff; a 5-2 hammering in April 2006.
- Cardiff are unbeaten in six games against the Royals, winning two and drawing four.
- Despite poor recent away form, the Bluebirds have won their last three league games at the Cardiff City Stadium.
- Reading have only lost one of their last 12 league games, although this did come on their last trip to Wales (0-1 at Swansea on New Year's Day).
Coventry v Nottingham Forest
- Five of the last six meetings between these sides, including the last four, have been won by the home side.
- Forest striker Robert Earnshaw has netted two goals in his last three starts against the Sky Blues.
- Coventry are winless in their last eight league games, losing five and drawing three.
- The Sky Blues have conceded exactly two goals in each of their last seven league defeats.
- Forest have lost just one of their last 10 matches and have taken more points from their last 10 (23) than any other Championship side.
Derby v Ipswich
- Ipswich have claimed all three points in five of the last six meetings between these sides including on their last two trips to Pride Park.
- The Rams have lost seven of their last nine league games and have failed to score in their last three Championship outings.
- Ipswich have lost four of their last five away league games, drawing the other.
Doncaster v Burnley
- Doncaster are unbeaten in the three clashes between these sides since the turn of the century, winning one and drawing two.
- Of the 14 previous meetings between the two sides in Doncaster, none have ended in a draw.
- Rovers have now lost their last three league games, including their last two at the Keepmoat Stadium.
- The Clarets have only lost one of their last five in the league, winning two and drawing two.
Hull v Leeds
- Leeds have won three of the last four clashes against their Yorkshire rivals in Hull.
- Leeds midfielder Bradley Johnson netted a goal and an own goal in this season's reverse fixture.
- Hull have only lost one of their last 13 in the league.
- Leeds have drawn four of their last six in the Championship, winning one and drawing one.
- The Whites have scored more than one goal in 11 of their last 15 league games.
Middlesbrough v Scunthorpe
- Boro have won their last four meetings with the Iron, conceding just one goal in the four matches combined.
- The Teeside outfit have also won their last four home meetings with Scunthorpe. The Iron last won at Middlesbrough in November 1961.
- Boro are unbeaten in five league games, drawing three of them.
- The Iron have only taken four points from their last 10 games in the Championship.
Norwich v Millwall
- Norwich are unbeaten in their last 16 home games against the Lions in all competitions, winning 10 and drawing six.
- Only one of the last 15 meetings between the sides in all competitions has ended in an away win.
- The Canaries are unbeaten in seven league games, winning four and drawing three.
- Millwall have drawn four and lost one of their last five away league games.
- The Lions have only conceded seven goals in their last 11 league games.
Sheffield United v Leicester
- The Blades have won four of their last five meetings with Leicester at Bramall Lane, drawing the other.
- Leicester have converted a penalty in each of their last two meetings with United.
- Sheffield United have only won one of their last nine league games, losing six of them.
- The Foxes have won three of their last four in the Championship, drawing the other.
- Yakubu has now scored in both of his league outings for Leicester City.
Watford v Crystal Palace
- Palace have won the last three clashes between these sides, scoring three times on each occasion.
- There have only been two draws in the last 16 meetings between the Hornets and the Eagles.
- The Hornets have won their last four league games at Vicarage Road, scoring a total of 13 goals in the process.
- Only Wolverhampton Wanderers (four) have taken fewer points on the road than the Eagles this season (five) in the entire football league.
QPR v Portsmouth
- Five of the last six meetings between these sides have ended in a draw, four of which 1-1.
- QPR are unbeaten in 12 home league clashes with Pompey, winning eight and drawing four.
- QPR have only lost one of their last seven in the league but have only won one of their last five (three draws).
- Pompey have failed to win any of their last seven league games, losing four and drawing three.
- The South Coast side have conceded at least two goals in each of their last six league outings.