Championship Opta Facts – April 6-7
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts - Apr 6-7
Reading v Leeds
- There has only been one goal in the last three meetings between Reading and Leeds.
- Leeds have visited Berkshire just three times since 1987 to face the Royals, and all three have ended in draws.
- Reading have scored a league-high 28 goals from crosses this term.
- Reading have won their last six home league games.
- Leeds have kept four consecutive clean sheets away from home.
- The Whites have won three and lost just one of their last seven away games in the league.
Burnley v Brighton
- Brighton had two sendings off inside 12 minutes in this season's reverse fixture with Burnley; a game the Seagulls lost 1-0.
- Brighton are unbeaten in three trips to Turf Moor, however, winning one and drawing two.
- The Seagulls have conceded just one goal in the opening 15 minutes all season, a league-low.
- Burnley have only won one of their last nine league fixtures.
- Brighton have drawn three of their last four away league games, losing the other.
Watford v Blackpool
- Gary Taylor-Fletcher has scored on his last two trips to Vicarage Road with the Seasiders.
- Blackpool are unbeaten in three trips to the home of the Hornets, winning one and drawing two.
- 40% of the goals Watford have conceded this season have come from set pieces, a league-high.
- Blackpool have netted 25 goals in the final 15 minutes this season, equating to 36% of their total haul - both are league-highs.
- Watford have taken more points from their last six games than any other team in the Championship (14).
Barnsley v West Ham
- West Ham have won their last five meetings with Barnsley in all competitions, scoring 14 and conceding one.
- Only two of the last 13 clashes between Barnsley and West Ham have ended in draws.
- West Ham have scored a joint-league-high 25 goals from set pieces this season.
- Barnsley have gained just one point from games in which they've conceded first this season, a league-low.
- The Hammers are unbeaten in five away league games, the longest current run of its kind in the Championship.
- Barnsley have only netted one goal in their last six games.
Southampton v Portsmouth
- Both sides have found the net in each of the last five south coast derbies in all competitions.
- After a run of five straight defeats at the home of the Saints, Pompey won 4-1 on their last trip to St Mary's Stadium, in the 2009/10 FA Cup.
- Southampton have scored more goals from penalties than any other team in the second tier this season (nine).
- Pompey have lost their last four league games away from Fratton Park.
- Southampton ended a run of 12 unbeaten league games with a 0-3 drubbing at Blackpool last week.
- At home, however, the Saints have won four and drawn two of their last six league games and kept four clean sheets in the process.
Birmingham v Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace have only scored one goal in their last four meetings with the Blues combined, but that earned them a 1-0 win in this season's reverse clash.
- Birmingham have won seven of their last eight against the Eagles at St Andrews, losing the other.
- Palace have conceded just 11 first-half goals all season, a league-low.
- The Blues have lost 25 points after scoring first in the Championship this season, a league-high.
- The Eagles have failed to score a first-half goal in any of their last six league games.
Coventry v Peterborough
- Coventry have won their last four home meetings (in all competitions) against Peterborough and haven't lost at home to the Posh in any competition since September 1961.
- Only one of the previous nine meetings between these sides in the Football League has ended in a draw.
- Peterborough have conceded 24 goals from set pieces this season, a league-high.
- The Sky Blues have netted 73% of their goals in the second-half this term, a league-high.
- Coventry are unbeaten in five league games, their best run of the campaign and they have only lost one of their last nine at the Ricoh Arena.
Derby v Ipswich
- Ipswich have won seven of their last eight games against Derby, losing the other.
- The Tractor Boys have also won their last three trips to Pride Park, scoring six and conceding just two.
- Ipswich have scored exactly one goal in each of their last four league games, and have only failed to score in one of their last 17 overall.
- Derby have won four of their last seven league games, losing two.
- Ipswich have only taken two points from the last 12 available on the road.
Leicester v Doncaster
- Doncaster have only won one of their previous 14 trips to the home of the Foxes in the league, and that victory came back in December 1902.
- Since that defeat, Rovers have conceded 40 goals in 12 trips to Leicester, losing 11 and drawing one of those games.
- The Foxes have scored a higher percentage of first-half goals than any other team in the second tier this season (54%).
- Doncaster have taken fewer points from their last six games than any other team in the division (two).
- The Foxes are unbeaten in six league games at the Walkers Stadium, winning four and drawing two.
Middlesbrough v Cardiff
- Boro have won their last three meetings with Cardiff, scoring seven and conceding two.
- The Bluebirds have only won one of their last 10 league trips to Teeside, losing seven and drawing two.
- Cardiff have scored a higher percentage of goals from set pieces than any other team in the Championship (44%).
- The Bluebirds have drawn their last four league games.
- Middlesbrough have also drawn their last four league games, all by the same scoreline (1-1).
- The Teesiders haven't scored a first-half goal in any of their last nine league games.
Millwall v Hull
- Millwall are unbeaten in four home meetings with the Tigers, a run that stretches back to August 1986.
- Hull have netted just 10.5% of their goals from set pieces this season, a league-low.
- Millwall, however, have lost their last four league fixtures at the New Den.
- Hull have lost their last four league games, their worst run of the campaign.
- The Tigers have shipped exactly two goals in each of their last four games.
Nottingham Forest v Bristol City
- Forest are unbeaten in 14 home league meetings with the Robins, winning eight and drawing six.
- Since their 2-0 win in 1955, the Robins have only scored seven goals in 14 league trips to the home of the Tricky Trees.
- Forest have only lost one of their last six league games, winning three and drawing two.
- Steve Cotterill's side have kept successive clean sheets for the first time this season.
- The Robins have taken just three points from the last 15 available in the Championship.