Championship Opta Facts - 10-11 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
QPR v Watford
- Three of the last four league meetings between the two teams have been won by the home side.
- The Hornets have failed to score on their last two visits to Loftus Road (one defeat, one draw.)
- The R's have by far the best goal difference in the football league (+26) having scored 35 and conceded just nine this season. Next best are Brighton and Port Vale (both +17).
- The Hornets' 0-0 draw at Barnsley in their last away game halted a run of four consecutive away defeats. Watford haven't picked up all three points on their travels since October 2nd.
Swansea v Millwall
- The last three clashes between these sides in all competitions have seen 12 goals.
- The last three league meetings between Swansea and Millwall have all seen the side playing at home net a penalty.
- Despite an excellent away record, Swansea have been struggling recently at the Liberty Stadium. The Swans have lost two of their last three at home.
- Millwall have kept a clean sheet in their last three league matches.
Barnsley v Sheffield United
- The Blades are unbeaten in their last eight meetings with Barnsley, winning four and drawing four.
- Blades striker Danny Bogdanovic, who moved to Bramall Lane from Barnsley this summer, netted two goals in two appearances against United during his time at Oakwell.
- Barnsley haven't beaten United at Oakwell since 1999, a run of five consecutive games.
- Barnsley are unbeaten in four league fixtures, winning three and drawing one of these games.
- Sheffield United are the lowest scorers in the Championship this season. The Blades have registered just 16 times in 19 games.
Bristol City v Derby
- Four of the last five meetings between these two sides have been won by the side playing at home.
- Three of the last five clashes at Ashton Gate have ended in draws, with either side picking up one victory each.
- The Robins have lost only one of their last nine league games.
- Derby have conceded two goals in each of their last four league games, winning one and losing three of these matches.
Burnley v Leeds United
- These sides have only met six times since 1983. The latest three of these have all been won by the home side.
- Leeds have won four of their last five games against the Clarets, and have also won four out of the last five at Elland Road.
- Burnley have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven league games.
- Leeds are unbeaten in five away from Elland Road, winning three and drawing two.
Leicester v Doncaster
- The Foxes have won four and drawn one of their last five clashes with Rovers, scoring nine and conceding just one in the process.
- The last time Doncaster beat Leicester was way back in September 1955.
- The Foxes are unbeaten in five at the Walkers, winning three and drawing two.
- Rovers have kept just one clean sheet in their last 12 league games.
Middlesbrough v Cardiff
- Cardiff have won five and drawn one of their last six against Middlesbrough in all competitions, a run that stretches back to 1984.
- The Bluebirds won both league matches against Boro 1-0 last season, the only meetings in the league since 1985.
- Boro' have lost nine of their last 13 and three of their last four in the Championship.
- Cardiff have the best away record in the league this season. The Bluebirds have taken 19 points from a possible 30 away from the Cardiff City Stadium.
Norwich v Portsmouth
- Portsmouth haven't won at Carrow Road since 1987, a run that stretches nine matches (five draws, four defeats.)
- Pompey haven't kept a clean sheet against the Canaries in any of the last five meetings between the sides.
- The Canaries have found the net in 18 of their 20 matches in the Championship this campaign.
- Pompey midfielder Liam Lawrence has converted the joint-most penalties in the Championship this season (4-joint with Adel Taarabt.)
Preston v Ipswich
- Preston have won four and drawn one of their last five clashes with Ipswich at Deepdale.
- The Lilywhites have, in fact, won three and drawn two of their last five meetings with the Tractor Boys home and away.
- Both these sides have been struggling in the Championship over recent weeks. Preston and Ipswich have both taken just six points from their last 10 games and, as such, prop up the Championship form table.
- The Tractor Boys have lost their last five league games, including a 1-3 reverse at home to Swansea last time out.
Reading v Coventry
- The Royals have won four of the last five clashes between these two sides, including both fixtures last campaign.
- In each of their last three victories over the Sky Blues, the Royals found the net on three occasions.
- Reading have drawn their last four league games, and their last three at the Madejski.
- The Sky Blues are on a great recent run of form, having claimed victory in their last three league games.
Scunthorpe v Nottingham Forest
- Forest have only won one of the previous six league meetings between the sides (two draws, three defeats.)
- Forest have never beaten the Iron in Lincolnshire in the league, drawing two and losing one of the three previous league games.
- Scunthorpe have the worst home record in the Championship. The Iron have taken just five points from 10 matches at Glanford Park and have lost their last five at home.
- Forest's 2-0 win in Cardiff last time out was their only away victory from the last six.
Crystal Palace v Hull
- Three of the last four meetings between these sides finished 1-1.
- The Tigers have failed to claim a victory on any of their last seven visits to Selhurst Park, losing four and drawing three.
- Palace defender Patrick McCarthy is the only player in the football league to have netted two own goals already this campaign.
- The Tigers have drawn four of their last five away games, winning the other (2-0 at Preston.)