Championship Opta Facts 10-11 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Leicester
- Leicester have won nine of the last 10 meetings between these sides, losing the other.
- Andy King netted three goals in two games against the Tykes last term.
- The Foxes have conceded more goals from set pieces (five) than any other side in the second tier this season.
- Barnsley are the only team in the second tier to have lost a home game from a winning position this season.
- The Tykes haven't lost three consecutive league games at Oakwell since August 2009.
- The away side has scored at least two goals in each of the last six games in all competitions involving Leicester.
Blackpool v Ipswich
- The last three meetings these sides have seen three red cards shown in total - all to Blackpool players.
- Ipswich have only lost one of their last seven clashes with the Tangerines in all competitions.
- Ipswich have already conceded 13 goals from open play this season, the most in the division.
- The Blues have conceded four goals in the final 15 minutes of games this term, the most of all sides.
- Blackpool have only kept one clean sheet in their last 23 home league games.
- On the other hand, the Tangerines have only failed to net twice in their last 42 league games at Bloomfield Road.
Bristol City v Brighton
- Bristol City have won each of the last three meetings between these sides (in all competitions), keeping a clean sheet on each occasion.
- The last six meetings between the Robins and the Seagulls at Ashton Gate (in all competitions) have seen a total of just six goals scored, with at least one side keeping a clean sheet on each occasion.
- Brighton have received more yellow cards than any other team in the division so far this term (13).
- Bristol City have only won three of their last 12 league games.
- The Robins have failed to score in three of their last five league games at Ashton Gate.
- Brighton have won six and drawn one of their seven games in all competitions this term.
Burnley v Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough have only lost one of their last five meetings with Burnley, winning three of the last four.
- All three goals ‘Boro scored against the Clarets last term came in the 79th minute or later.
- Middlesbrough are one of two teams (along with Brighton) to have been in front in all five of their games this season.
- ‘Boro are the only Championship team to have a won a game from behind on the road this season.
- The home team has found the net in each of the last 17 games involving Burnley in all competitions.
- Charlie Austin has scored five goals in six games in all competitions this term.
Cardiff v Doncaster
- Cardiff have scored three injury time goals in their last three meetings with Doncaster combined.
- The Bluebirds have only lost one of their last nine meetings with Rovers, winning three of the last four.
- Doncaster are the only Championship side yet to pick up a single point on the road this season.
- Cardiff have scored in all seven games in all competitions this term, but have only kept one clean sheet.
- The winning team has netted three goals in each of Cardiff's last four league games at the Cardiff City Stadium (including playoffs), but the Bluebirds have lost three times in that run.
- Rovers have now gone 17 league games without tasting victory.
Leeds v Crystal Palace
- The last five meetings between these sides (in all competitions) have all been won by the home team.
- None of the last seven clashes between Leeds and Palace (in all competitions) at Elland Road have been draws, with the last time the teams shared the spoils coming back in April 1993.
- Leeds have been shown three red cards already this season in the league, the most in the division.
- There have been four red cards shown in total in the last four league games involving Leeds.
- Palace ended a run of 18 away league games without a win in their last away game by beating Leeds' rivals Hull City 1-0 at the KC Stadium.
- The Eagles have netted exactly one goal in six of their last seven away league games.
Peterborough v Hull
- There have been 17 goals scored in the last four meetings between these sides combined.
- Hull have only won once in the league at London Road since March 1963, but that victory came in their last trip there (3-2 in September 2004).
- Grant McCann has attempted more shots than any other player in the division (20).
- Peterborough have gained more points from losing positions (seven) than any other Championship side this season.
- Hull have only won two of their last nine league games, with both victories ending 1-0.
- Still, the Tigers have only lost two of their last 20 away league games.
Reading v Watford
- Three of the last four clashes between these side, including both meetings last year, have ended 1-1.
- Watford have only one of their last 10 trips to Reading in the league; a 2-0 Premier League victory in May 2007.
- Reading have lost their last three consecutive league games for the first time since January 2010.
- The Royals have only won one of their last five home league games.
- Watford have now won just one of their last 14 league matches.
- Away from home, the Hornets haven't won in the league since March 2011.
Southampton v Nott'm Forest
- Forest won both the two previous meetings between these sides, and haven't lost to the Saints since April 1997.
- Despite this, Forest have scored in each of their last 15 meetings with Southampton in all competitions.
- Forest have conceded more goals from corners than any other team in the Championship this term (three).
- Southampton have scored seven goals in the opening half hour of games this season, more than any second tier club.
- Southampton have won six and lost one of seven fixtures in all competitions this term.
- Forest have only mustered one win from their opening five league games under Steve McLaren.
West Ham v Portsmouth
- The last 10 meetings between these sides have all been played in the Premier League.
- The Hammers have only won one of their last five home meetings with Pompey, losing three and drawing one.
- West Ham have scored four goals from corners in the league already this term, the most of all sides in the division.
- Pompey and West Ham are two of just six sides yet to concede a headed goal this season in the Championship.
- West Ham are yet to conceded a first half goal this season.
- Portsmouth have managed just two goals in total in their last five games in all competitions.
Coventry v Derby
- Both sides have found the net in 11 of the last 12 meetings between these sides.
- The last five victories in this fixture have all been by the odd goal, with four of them finishing 2-1.
- Seven of Derby's eight goals this season have come from set pieces.
- Coventry have won none of their last 10 competitive fixtures in all competitions.
- The Rams have won both their away games 1-0 this season.
- Derby are the only team in the division yet to concede a goal on their travels this term.
Birmingham v Millwall
- The last time these sides met in league competition was in the 2001/02 second tier playoff semi-finals. The sides draw 1-1 in the Second City before Birmingham triumphed 1-0 at the New Den to progress to the final.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in eight clashes with Millwall, and haven't lost to the Lions in any competition since April 1996.
- Despite having a game in hand on most teams in the division, Birmingham have already lost a league-high eight points from winning positions this season.
- Millwall have only won one of their last seven league games.
- The Lions have only managed two clean sheets from their last 12 away Championship fixtures.
- Birmingham have only won one of their last 10 league games; a 1-0 home win over Midlands rivals Coventry in August.