Championship Opta Facts: 11-12 April
Get some guidance with your football betting with our weekly Opta Facts.
These aren't opinion or tips but genuine statistics to help you make an informed decision courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider sports performance data.
Reading v Sheff Utd
- Reading are unbeaten in 11 matches in all competitions against Sheffield United, winning nine.
- The Royals have won all of their six matches against sides from Yorkshire this season.
- The Blades have won their last four matches in the league and are undefeated in nine.
- United have kept clean sheets in their last two away games.
- Reading have not won at home in five attempts and have failed to score in four of those.
Wolverhampton v Southampton
- Wolves have won just four points in their last nine home games with Southampton.
- Mick McCarthy’s side have won just once in five league games at Molineux.
- Saints have not taken all three points in any of their last six Championship games, drawing four and losing two.
- Sylvain Ebanks-Blake has netted seven of the last 10 scored by Wolves players in the league.
- Wolves have won just once in their last 18 meetings with the Saints.
- Only two of Southampton’s last eight league goals have come in the first half.
Burnley v QPR
- This will be the fourth time these two have met this season; QPR are yet to win, a league defeat and an FA Cup replay defeat.
- Earlier this season Burnley came from behind to win 2-1 in the league at Loftus Road.
- The Clarets are unbeaten in six Championship games, taking 14 points from a possible 18.
- The Hoops have not won away from home in five efforts, scoring just once in their last four.
- Paulo Sousa’s side have netted just three goals in seven games in the league.
- Burnley, on the other hand, have scored in their last 12 league games.
Charlton v Birmingham
- Despite having Nigel Quashie sent off, Birmingham came from 2-1 down at half-time to beat Charlton 3-2 earlier in the season.
- These sides met in four consecutive Premier League campaigns between 2002 and 2006, Birmingham only won once, and lost on four occasions.
- The Addicks’ win at Southampton last weekend was their first in seven games, since February.
- The Blues have won only once in seven away games, last time out against Doncaster 2-0.
- Cameron Jerome has netted in Birmingham’s last three league games.
Crystal Palace v Cardiff
- Three of the last four meetings between these two have ended in draws.
- Palace have managed just one goal in their last two home encounters with Cardiff.
- After four home games on the trot, Cardiff will now be hoping to end a four game winless run on the road.
- The Eagles have drawn their last three league games, scoring just once in the process.
- Cardiff have netted six goals in their last two league games, all by different players.
- Palace have scored just one first half goal in their last five Championship games.
Ipswich v Doncaster
- These two have only met twice in the last 50 years; Rovers won 2-0 in the League Cup in 2004 and 1-0 in the league earlier this season.
- The Tractor Boys have taken just two points from their last three home games, scoring just once in the process.
- Jim Magilton’s men have managed to score in just two of their last six league games.
- Doncaster have lost four on the bounce and have accrued just one goal along the way.
- In Ipswich’s last six league games only four first half goals have been scored, and none by themselves.
- Doncaster have also struggled for first half goals, only managing to net in one first half in eight efforts.
Nottingham Forest v Bristol City
- The last three games between these two, in all competitions, have ended honours even after 90 minutes.
- Bristol City have not won away to Forest in all competitions since 1955, in which time they have played 18 matches.
- Forest have not won in five league games losing three and scoring just three goals.
- City have lost three on the bounce away from Ashton Gate.
- Billy Davies’ side have managed just one first half goal in their last ten league games.
Plymouth v Coventry
- In the 17 meetings of these two sides since 1958 there has only been one draw, this coming back in 2005.
- Earlier this season, 21-year-old Craig Noone scored a late winner for Plymouth, the second 1-0 win for Argyle in three efforts at the Ricoh.
- Plymouth’s 1-0 win away at Blackpool last week marked the end of a run of three defeats.
- Coventry have not managed to score more than one goal in a game since February, six games ago.
- The Sky Blues last three league goals have all come in the first half.
- On-loan from Blackburn, Paul Gallagher has scored five of the Pilgrims last eight league goals.
Preston v Blackpool
- Last season there were no goals from open play in the two games between these sides, a solitary penalty from Blackpool was the only thing separating the teams.
- Half of the last eight meetings between these two outfits have ended in stalemate, three of which were goalless.
- Preston’s most common result this season has been 2-1 wins, they have enjoyed seven of these, and no other side in the league has achieved this result as often.
- Preston are unbeaten in 12 league games at Deepdale.
Sheffield Wednesday v Derby
- The Owls have not managed to beat Derby in their last five meetings in all competitions.
- Wednesday have not won in three home games, and have not scored in their last two.
- The Rams have conceded four goals in each of their last two away games.
- Derby have not netted a first half goal in any of their last five games in the league.
- The Owls have kept clean sheets in their last two league games.
Swansea v Norwich
- There has not been in a 0-0 draw in this fixture since 1968, in which time the sides have met eight times.
- Earlier this season, three goals in five minutes either side of the break gave Swansea the impetus to run out 3-2 winners at Carrow Road.
- Swansea have drawn 20 games so far this season - more than any other side in the league.
- Norwich have kept two clean sheets in their last three home games.
- The Swans’ leading scorer; Jason Scotland, has not found the back of the net in his last four games.
- Norwich have not scored a first half goal in seven Championship games.
Watford v Barnsley
- Barnsley have won their last four matches against Watford in the league.
- The last two games between these two at Vicarage Road have ended 3-0, once in favour of each team, and on both occasions a player has netted a brace.
- Watford have scored exactly two goals in each of their last five home games.
- Barnsley have not scored more than once in any of their last six away games.
- The Tykes have netted just one first half goal in six league matches.