Championship Opta Facts - 11 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Birmingham City
- Barnsley have won only one of the last 10 matches against Birmingham, losing seven, but have drawn the last two.
- Birmingham have won three of their last five trips to Oakwell.
- Barnsley have recouped fewer points from losing positions than any other team in the Championship (1).
- The Tykes have gone 12 league games without a clean sheet, conceding 25 in that run.
- There have been 26 goals scored in the last five Championship matches at Oakwell, including at least four in each match in that run.
- Barnsley have scored the highest percentage of first half goals in the Championship (55%).
- Birmingham have kept clean sheets in four of their last five Championship games.
- The Blues are unbeaten in their last nine Championship matches.
Crystal Palace v Doncaster Rovers
- There have only been four goals scored in the last four meetings between Palace and Doncaster.
- Palace have failed to score in four of the last six games against Rovers.
- Palace have won six and lost one of their seven home games against Doncaster in all competitions.
- Palace have won none of their last five Championship matches drawing three and losing two.
- Palace have scored just 11 goals in their last 18 Championship games and not more than once in a game in that run.
- Doncaster have kept three clean sheets in their last four Championship games.
- Rovers have scored just one first half goal in their last nine league games.
Hull City v Bristol City
- Hull have won four and lost none of their five games against the other City teams in the Championship this season.
- Bristol City have the worst record in the Championship in the City head to heads, with four points from five games and a -4 goal difference.
- Brett Pitman has scored in his last two appearances against Hull.
- The Tigers' win over Bristol City last season ended a run of four home games without a win against the Robins.
- Bristol City have picked up three red cards in their last two Championship games.
- The Robins have failed to score in six of their last 10 Championship games including the last two.
- Hull have only conceded five goals in their last 10 Championship games including none in their next three.
- There have been just eight goals scored in Hull's last eight Championship matches.
- These two sides have the two worst chance conversion rates in the Championship, Bristol City scoring from 8.6% of shots and Hull from just 9.1%.
Ipswich Town v Middlesbrough
- Three of the last four meetings between Middlesbrough and Ipswich have ended as draws including the last two at Portman Road.
- Boro dropped five points from winning positions against Ipswich last season in their two league games.
- Ipswich have lost the joint-most points from winning positions of any team in the Championship.
- Ipswich have kept one clean sheet in their last 17 Championship games.
- Boro have won none of their last six matches in the Championship.
- Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has scored three goals in his last two Championship appearances.
- If the league had started on New Year's Day, Middlesbrough would be bottom of the Championship with just two points.
Leeds United v Brighton
- Only one of the last seven matches between Leeds and Brighton has ended as a home win.
- Leeds have won four and lost none of their last eight home games against the Seagulls.
- In the last two league meetings Leeds have scored a 90th minute equaliser to secure a point.
- Brighton have won four and lost none of their last five league games.
- Will Buckley has scored four goals in his last four Championship games for Brighton.
- A clean sheet against Bristol City last time out ended a run of eight games without a shutout for Leeds.
- Leeds have scored a 90th minute goal in five of their last nine Championship games.
- Ross McCormack has scored in four of his last five Championship games.
Leicester City v Cardiff City
- Cardiff and Leicester have already met twice this season, once in the league and once in the Carling Cup, both games ending as a draw.
- The two sides have met nine times in the last three seasons with all three meetings in Leicester ending as a win by a single goal margin.
- Cardiff have lost just two of their last 17 Championship matches, but one of those came last time out against Blackpool.
- Leicester have earned more red cards than any other Championship side.
- The Foxes have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 Championship games.
- The Bluebirds have scored the highest percentage of goals from set pieces (41%).
Millwall v Derby County
- The away side has failed to score in the last three meetings between Derby and Millwall.
- Millwall have won four and lost none of their last six home games against the Rams.
- Derby have only scored two first half goals in their last 10 games and both came in a 2-1 win over West Ham.
- Millwall have failed to score in seven of their last 10 Championship games, including their last three games at the New Den.
- The Lions have won just one of their last six league games.
- Darius Henderson has scored seven goals in his last five matches in all competitions.
- The Lions have dropped the joint-fewest points from winning positions on home soil (2), but have also recouped the joint-fewest at the New Den when trailing (1).
Nottingham Forest v Watford
- Watford have failed to score in three of their last four games against Forest.
- There have been just four goals scored in the last four meetings between the two sides.
- Forest have the division's worst home record with just 11 points from 15 games.
- Forest have kept just one clean sheet in their last 13 Championship games.
- Forest have failed to score in nine of their last 11 league matches.
- They have also failed to score in their last six league games at the City Ground. Only eight teams in English league football have had a longer run on home soil without scoring.
- Nottingham Forest have conceded a league-high 16 headed goals this season.
- Forest have been caught offside fewer times than any other team (45).
- Watford have scored a division-high 31% of goals from outside the box this season.
Peterborough United v West Ham United
- West Ham have won all three league meetings with Peterborough.
- The Hammers have the best away record in the Championship with 27 points on the road this season.
- Peterborough have won none of their last six league matches.
- The Posh have only scored seven goals in their last nine Championship games.
- West Ham have won four of their last five Championship games.
- The Hammers have scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes of games than any other team (9).
- There have been more goals (53) scored at London Road than at any other stadium in the Championship this season.
Reading v Coventry City
- Coventry have the worst away record in the Championship with just three points and are the only team in the division without an away win.
- The last three games between Reading and Coventry have ended as draws.
- The Royals are unbeaten in their last nine games against Coventry, winning four and drawing five.
- Coventry have gone 11 games without a draw in the league, winning three and losing eight.
- Reading's last three home games have ended with a 1-0 scoreline, twice in the Royals' favour.
- A league-high proportion 80% of Reading's goals have been netted in the second-half of games.
- Coventry have conceded a league-low of 7% of their goals from shots from outside the penalty area.
Southampton v Burnley
- Only one of the last 10 meetings between Saints and the Clarets has ended as a home win.
- Three of the four meetings at St Mary's have been draws and the other was a Burnley win.
- Jay Rodriguez has scored four goals in his last four Championship games.
- Burnley have won five and lost just one of their last eight Championship games.
- Southampton have won just one of their last six league games.
- After taking 34 points from a possible 36 at the start of this season at St Mary's, Southampton have taken just one from the last nine available.
- Burnley have scored the most goals from corners in the division.
- Burnley and Southampton have scored a joint-league high 15 headed goals this season.
Blackpool v Portsmouth
- Portsmouth have won six and lost none of the last seven games in all competitions against Portsmouth.
- Going back further, Pompey have not lost any of the last 11 against the Tangerines.
- Blackpool have recovered more points from losing positions than any other team in the Championship (22).
- Blackpool have scored a 90th minute goal in each of their last three Championship games, two of which turned draws into wins.
- Blackpool's last 10 goals have been netted in the final 30 minutes of games.
- Blackpool have conceded fewer fouls than any other side in the Championship (235).
- The Seasiders have been caught offside more often than any other Championship side (103).