Championship Opta Facts – April 6-7
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts - Apr 9-10
Blackpool v Barnsley
- Three of the last five meetings between the two sides have ended in a 1-0 scoreline (two wins for Blackpool, one for Barnsley).
- At Bloomfield Road, the Tangerines have enjoyed just one victory in their last eight clashes with the Tykes in all competitions, losing four and drawing three.
- Barnsley have failed to score in six of their last seven league games.
- Blackpool have scored in each of their last 17 league games, if they score in this game they will be the first Championship side to score in 18 consecutive games in 2011/12.
- The Tangerines have kept back to back clean sheets for the first time since November.
Bristol City v Coventry
- Bristol City have enjoyed just one victory in their last five meetings with Coventry, losing two and drawing two.
- At Ashton Gate, the Robins have won just two of their last five clashes with the Sky Blues (in all competitions), drawing two and losing one.
- Coventry have won just eight points on the road this season, the worst record in the Championship.
- The Sky Blues are unbeaten in seven games, currently the best run in the league.
- Bristol City have failed to register a clean sheet in eight home games.
Cardiff v Watford
- The last eight meetings between the two sides have produced a total of 32 goals, a rate of four per game on average.
- The Bluebirds have won each of their last three home fixtures against the Hornets, after losing each of the three home games against Watford before that.
- Cardiff have failed to win at home in five games, failing to score in four of these games.
- Watford have won their last three away games on the bounce, the first time they have done this since October 2010.
- The Hornets have kept consecutive clean sheets on the road for the first time since September.
Crystal Palace v Southampton
- The last four meetings between the two sides have all been home wins, with the visiting team failing to score a single goal.
- The Eagles have lost just one of their last eight clashes with the Saints at Selhurst Park.
- Southampton have conceded a total of five goals in their last two league games, as many as in the previous 12 games combined.
- Palace have lost three of their last four games, conceding exactly three goals in each defeat.
- Saints have lost just one of their last 14 games, against Blackpool on their last away game.
Doncaster v Burnley
- Doncaster have lost just one of their last five meetings with Burnley, although that defeat this come last time out - on Boxing Day (3-0 at home).
- At the Keepmoat Stadium, Rovers have won both their most recent clashes with the Clarets, (in 2011 and 2008), with Burnley's last away victory coming in August 1991 (4-1).
- Doncaster have failed to win in eight games, the poorest current run in the division, losing five of their last six.
- Rovers have also not kept a clean sheet in their last 13 in the Championship, the worst current run.
- Before their 5-1 win over Portsmouth, Burnley had failed to score in four of their previous five away games.
Hull v Middlesbrough
- The last six meetings (in all competitions) between the two sides have produced a total of 25 goals, at an average of 4.2 per game.
- At the KC Stadium, the Tigers have lost just one of their last seven clashes with Boro, although five of those games were draws (four 0-0s).
- Hull have lost their last five games in a row, their worst such run outside of the top-flight since October 1998.
- Boro are winless in seven league games, only Doncaster are on a worse run in the Championship.
- Hull have failed to score in four of their last five home games.
Ipswich v Leicester
- Just one of the last 13 matches between these two sides have been won by the team playing away.
Ipswich have won just once in their last six games against the Foxes, although three of these have been draws.
- The Tractor Boys have scored exactly one goal in four of their last five games.
- The Foxes have conceded exactly three goals in three of their last four away games, failing to win in this period.
- Ipswich are unbeaten in eight home games, winning six of the last seven.
Leeds Utd v Derby
- Derby have won six successive meetings with Leeds United in all competitions; the last four of which have all been by one goal.
Jamie Ward has netted in his last two appearances against Leeds.
Just one of the last 12 games between Leeds and Derby have ended in a draw.
- Leeds are winless in four home games, the second time this season they have endured this unwelcome feat.
- Derby have won just once in their last eight away games, a 2-1 win at Doncaster.
- Peterborough v Nottm Forest
None of the previous five league meetings between these two clubs have ended in a draw.
The last six matches between Forest and the Posh in all competitions have been won by a one goal margin.
- In Peterborough's last seven home games they have either scored and won or failed to score and lost (W4, L3).
- Forest have scored 10 goals in their last three away games, as many as they had managed in their previous 11 on the road.
- Forest's last three games have seen just four goals scored in total.
- West Ham v Birmingham
The last nine goals that Birmingham have scored in this fixture (all competitions) have come in the second half.
Just two of the last seven league games between these two have been won by the home side.
- Birmingham have won their last three league games, all of them by three goals to one.
- West Ham are winless at Upton Park since the beginning of February (D5, L1).
- Only one of the Blues' last eight away games has ended level, 1-1 v Coventry.
Brighton v Reading
- Reading have won their last five successive games against Brighton.
The Royals have netted eight goals in their last two matches against Brighton.
Brighton have lost five of their last six home games against Reading; four of those ending 1-0.
- Brighton are unbeaten in nine home games, the best current run in the Championship.
- Reading have netted in each of their last 10 away games, one more game will set a Championship record for 2011/12.
- Portsmouth v Millwall
The last three games between these two sides have seen only four goals.
Millwall have netted just five goals in their last nine matches against Pompey.
- Portsmouth have won two of their last three home games, scoring a total of six goals in these two victories.
- Millwall have kept three clean sheets in their last four away games, having kept just two in their previous 16 this season.
- Portsmouth's last two games have seen 10 goals scored.