Championship Opta Facts - 13-14 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Southampton
- After a run of nine clashes between the sides in which both teams scored on each occasion, the last two meetings combined saw just a single goal scored.
- Despite this, the last five meetings between the teams at Oakwell have seen 19 goals netted in total.
- The Tykes managed just two clean sheets from their last 12 home games last season.
- Southampton have now won 10 of their last 11 league games.
- The Saints lost just one of their last eight away games last term.
- Southampton scored a League One-high 30 second half goals on their travels last season.
Birmingham v Coventry
- The Blues overturned a 0-2 deficit to beat Coventry 3-2 at St Andrews in an FA Cup match this January.
- None of the last eight clashes between the sides in Birmingham have ended in draws, with the Blues winning three of the last four.
- The Sky Blues scored in their last eight away games last season, but conceded in seven of them.
- Birmingham have now gone seven league games without a win.
- The Blues only netted 19 home league goals last season, the fewest of all Premier League sides.
- Birmingham had fewer shots than any other team in the Premier League last term (314).
Crystal Palace v Burnley
- None of the last 11 meetings between the Eagles and the Clarets have ended in away wins.
- Jay Rodriguez has scored two goals in his last three appearances against Palace.
- 71% of the goals the Eagles conceded at Selhurst Park last season came in the second half - the highest proportion of all Championship sides.
- Palace won a league-high 92% of the home games they took the lead in last season (11 of 12).
- Burnley recouped a league-high 12 points from trailing positions on their travels last term.
- Eddie Howe's side lost four of their last five away games without scoring last season, but won the other 4-2 at Leeds.
Doncaster v West Ham
- These sides haven't met in league competition since March 1958.
- Rovers have scored at least one goal in each of their last 14 meetings with the Hammers - they last failed to score in a 0-0 draw at Upton Park in December 1950.
- Doncaster netted just 12 set piece goals in the league last season, the fewest of all sides.
- Rovers have drawn their last three home league games, but are winless in nine.
- The Hammers lost their last four away league games last term, conceding 11 goals in the process.
- West Ham conceded a Premier League high eight goals in the opening 15 minutes of away games last season.
Ipswich v Hull
- Ipswich are unbeaten in five home meetings with the Tigers, winning two and drawing three.
- Overall, just two of the previous 26 clashes between these sides have been won by the visiting side.
- Ipswich conceded 11 goals in the final 15 minutes of games at Portman Road last season, the most of all sides on their own patch.
- The Tigers drew six away games they had fallen behind in last term - a league-high.
- Just one of Ipswich's last eight home games has ended in a draw.
- The Tigers have now taken just two points from the last 15 available in the league.
Leeds v Middlesbrough
- Four of the last five clashes between these teams have been won by the away team, who have scored at least twice in each victory.
- Luciano Becchio has netted two goals in two appearances against Boro.
- Leeds United scored a higher percentage of goals from open player than any other side in the second tier last season (83%).
- The Whites drew five games from winning positions at home last season, a joint-league-high shared with Watford.
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in five league games, winning four of them.
- 'Boro won their last two away games last season, netting seven goals in the process.
Leicester v Reading
- Jimmy Kebe has netted two goals in his last three appearances against the Foxes.
- The Royals have won their last three clashes with Leicester, including winning 2-1 on their last two trips to the home of the Foxes.
- Reading scored 11 goals in the final 15 minutes of away games in the Championship last season, a league-high.
- Leicester conceded a higher proportion of home goals in the first half than any other side in the second tier last season - 59%.
- Reading are unbeaten in eight regular Championship away games, winning four and drawing four.
- New Leicester captain Matt Mills netted a late winner for the Royals in this fixture last season.
Millwall v Nott'm Forest
- Only one of the last 11 meetings between these sides has been won by the away team.
- Forest have failed to score on four of their last five trips to the New Den, not winning there since a 2-1 victory in October 2002.
- Millwall conceded four goals from throw-ins in the league last season, two more than any other side.
- Forest won their last two regular away games last season, netting three goals on both occasions.
- Steve McLaren's new side haven't drawn any of their last six regular away games, winning two and losing four.
- Millwall only lost one of their last seven league games at the New Den last term, winning three and drawing three.
Portsmouth v Brighton
- Brighton have lost five and drawn one of their last six trips to Fratton Park in all competitions, not winning there since December 1985.
- The Seagulls have scored just two goals at Fratton Park in this six game period, and both of those came in a 2-4 defeat in August 2002.
- Only three goals were scored in the opening 15 minutes of games at Fratton Park in the entire 2010/11 campaign - every other Championship ground saw more.
- Pompey failed to score in each of their last three home games last season.
- Brighton are unbeaten in eight away league games, winning five and drawing three.
- Gus Poyet's side had the best away defensive record in League One last season, conceding just 18 goals on their travels all year.
Watford v Derby
- Only one of the last eight meetings between these sides has ended in a draw, with Derby winning four and Watford winning three.
- The Rams have won just one of their last 10 trips to Vicarage Road in all competitions; a 1-0 victory in December 2009.
- Watford scored eight goals from corners at Vicarage Road last season, the most of all teams on their own ground.
- Derby were the only side to lose every game they fell behind in on the road last season (12).
- The Hornets have conceded two or more goals in nine of their last 10 league games.
- Derby have lost four and drawn two of their last six away games.
Blackpool v Peterborough
- The last four meetings between these sides have seen a total of just four goals netted, with at least one team keeping a clean sheet on each occasion.
- The Posh have failed to score in four of their last six meetings with the Seasiders.
- Peterborough only failed to score in one of their last 17 away games last term.
- Blackpool conceded exactly three goals in four of their last six home league games.
- The Tangerines scored and conceded in 18 of their 19 league games at Bloomfield Road last season - a Premier League record.
- Blackpool conceded more goals at home than any other Premier League team last term (37).
Cardiff v Bristol City
- The last four meetings between these sides in league competition have seen a total of 17 goals scored - an average of over four per game.
- Peter Whittingham has scored three goals in his last three appearances against the Robins.
- Cardiff City scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes than any other Championship side last season - 16.
- The Robins netted more away goals in the opening 15 minutes than any other side in the second tier last season - 9.
- The Bluebirds have only lost one of their last 11 regular Championship games.
- Jon Stead has scored three goals in his last four league games for the Robins.