Championship Opta Facts - 13-14 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Crystal Palace
- The away team have failed to find the net in eight of the last 11 meetings between these two sides.
- Only two of the last 17 meetings between Palace and the Tykes have ended level.
- Barnsley have won three of their last four league games at Oakwell, all 1-0.
- Palace have suffered only one defeat in their last five away games in the Championship.
Coventry v Plymouth
- None of the last nine meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Coventry have won six of their last eight home encounters with Plymouth.
- The Sky Blues have won their last three league games and have kept a clean sheet in four of their last six in the Championship.
- Plymouth have won just once in their last nine league outings.
Doncaster v Derby
- Doncaster have won each of their last three league encounters with the Rams.
The last six games between these two sides at Doncaster have produced at least three goals.
- Rovers have won just one of their last five league games at the Keepmoat Stadium, losing on three occasions.
- Derby have not won any of their last four away games in the league, losing three.
Ipswich v Scunthorpe
- Ipswich have won five of their last six meetings with Scunthorpe, drawing the other.
Scunthorpe have only won once in their previous 11 meetings with Roy Keane's side.
- Roy Keane's side have lost just two of their 17 home games in the league, only Newcastle have lost fewer (0).
- Scunthorpe have won just once in their last seven league matches.
Leicester v Cardiff
- Three of the last four meetings between these two sides in Leicester have ended in a draw; the last two being goalless.
- On the last occasion that the Bluebirds beat Leicester in a league fixture, Michael Chopra scored all three goals in a 3-2 win in January 2007.
- The Foxes have conceded only one goal in their last four home league games.
- Cardiff City have failed to score in their last two league games away from home.
Middlesbrough v Newcastle
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last six Tyne-Tees derby meetings with Middlesbrough.
- Four of the last six derby matches between these two sides have ended in a draw, including the last two at the Riverside.
- Gordon Strachan's side have conceded just two goals in their last six home games.
- Peter Lovenkrands has scored 12 goals for Newcastle in all competitions this season, but is yet to score away from home.
Preston v Nottingham Forest
- The home side have won the last five meetings between these two teams.
- Paul McKenna has scored in two of the last three meetings between these two sides at Deepdale, but both came for former side Preston North End.
- Only one of Preston's last eight league games at Deepdale have ended in defeat.
- Forest have lost four successive away games in the Championship, failing to find the net in any of them.
Reading v Bristol City
- The home team have won only one of the last six encounters between these two sides.
- Seven of the last nine meetings between Reading and Bristol City have seen at least four goals scored.
- Bristol City have found the net just two times in their last seven league games away from Ashton Gate.
- Reading have won their last four home games in the league, scoring nine goals in their last two.
Sheffield Utd v QPR
- QPR have failed to defeat Sheffield United in any of their last seven meetings, including in their three encounters already this season.
- Richard Cresswell has scored in each of his three appearances for United against QPR this season.
- Sheffield United have dropped just four points in their last nine home league games, winning seven and drawing two.
- QPR have not won away from home in the league since the start of November.
Swansea v Sheffield Wednesday
- The Owls have hit the back of the net just once in their last three meetings with Swansea City.
- Swansea have won just one of their last eight meetings with Sheffield Wednesday.
- Each of Swansea's last four league games have produced just one goal.
- Sheffield Wednesday have lost their last four league games away from home, scoring just one goal in the process.
Watford v Peterborough
- Only two of the last 15 meetings between Watford and Peterborough have ended in a draw.
- Watford have won just one of their last five home matches against the Posh.
- No side have picked up fewer points in 2010 than Watford (7).
- The Posh have lost seven successive league games away from London Road.
West Brom v Blackpool
- West Brom have won five of their last six matches against Blackpool, including their last three meetings.
- Blackpool last won away at West Brom in November 1964, a run of nine trips without victory.
- West Brom have won their last four league games at the Hawthorns.
- Blackpool are without a league win in five attempts away from home, failing to score in any of their last three.