Championship Opta Facts - 14-16 September
Brighton & Hove Albion v Sheffield Wednesday
- Brighton have won just one of their last five matches against Sheffield Wednesday (L3 D1), although that win did come in the last match between the two (2-0 at home in April 2011).
- The last nine games between the two teams have produced 18 goals - and only once has more than two goals been scored in a single match.
- The Seagulls have seen a player sent-off on each of the last two occasions that they have hosted Sheffield Wednesday.
- Brighton have lost just one of their last seven league matches - winning two and drawing four.
- Wednesday's defeat to Crystal Palace last time out ended a run of 17 games without defeat (W13 D4). The run was preceded by three consecutive defeats.
- Craig Mackail-Smith has scored four goals in Brighton's last two matches - two braces.
Charlton Athletic v Crystal Palace
- Charlton Athletic have been defeated by Crystal Palace just once in their last nine league meetings (W7 D1).
- The last three games between these two sides have been won by the home team.
- The Eagles have bagged a total of just three goals in their last seven clashes with Charlton.
- The Addicks' loss to Nottingham Forest in their last match was the first time they had tasted defeat in 11 games (W7 D3).
- Palace have won just once in their last 13 league games (D3 L9), although that win did come in their last match (2-1 win over Sheff Wed).
- The Eagles have not kept a clean sheet in their last 13 games - conceding 29 goals in the process.
Barnsley v Blackpool
- Barnsley have lost only three of their last 16 matches with Blackpool (W9 D4).
- Both teams have scored on three of the last four occasions that they've met.
- The Tykes win over Bristol City in their last fixture was only their second win in their last 11 (L7 D2).
- Matt Phillips scored four times in the two games between the teams last season.
- Barnsley have conceded eight goals in total in their last four games - although they have kept consecutive clean sheets at home.
- The Seasiders' defeat to Leicester City in their last game ended a three match winning run and an unbeaten run of 10 games (W7 D3).
- Blackpool are the highest scorers in the Championship so far this season - with 10 goals and have the joint best defensive record - conceding only two - along with Hull City.
Bolton Wanderers v Watford
- Bolton have won their last four games against Watford in all competitions, scoring seven goals and conceding just one.
- Only once in the last seven meetings (in all competitions) have both teams hit the back of the net.
- Wanderers have won just one of their last eight matches (D4 L3).
- Owen Coyle's team have kept only one clean sheet in their last 19 games - conceding 37 goals along the way.
- Watford have lost only twice in their last nine games (W3 D4) although both defeats have came in their last three matches.
- Chris Eagles has scored in his last three league games for the Trotters.
- Matej Vydra has scored in three of the last four for Watford.
Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers
- This will be the first meeting between the two teams since the 1991/92 season.
- Bristol City have won six of the last eight league meetings - with Blackburn winning the other two.
- Blackburn Rovers haven't won at Ashton Gate since 1909 - or 14 visits (D5 L9).
- City have scored four goals in both of their two league home games so far this season.
- The Robins are unbeaten in six games at home (W4 D2).
- Midfielder Martyn Woolford has scored three in his last three games for The Robins.
- This is Blackburn's best start (W2 D2) to a season since 2007/08 when they also picked up eight points from their opening four games. They enjoyed a similar start in 2000/01 when they gained promotion from the Championship to the Premier League.
- Rovers have not won any from Ewood Park in seven games (D2 L5).
- Nuno Gomes has scored in each of his last two games for Blackburn.
Burnley v Peterborough
- Burnley are unbeaten in the last four visits of Peterborough to Turf Moor (W3 D1).
- Both team have scored in four of the last five meetings between the two sides - with a total of 18 goals scored, an average of 3.6 per game.
- Burnley had more corners than Peterborough in both games last season (9-1, 7-5) despite only picking up a single point from their two games.
- Burnley have lost their last three games - scoring three goals and conceding eight.
- Peterborough have not won any of their last ten league matches (D3 L7).
- The Posh have failed to win away from home since Boxing Day 2011 - a run of 13 matches (D5 L8).
Cardiff City v Leeds United
- Cardiff City have not lost any of the last 12 matches against Leeds United (W7 D5) - failing to score only once but only scoring more than one on four occasions.
- Both games between these two sides ended in a 1-1 draw last season.
- Joe Mason scored in both games for Cardiff last season.
- The Bluebirds have lost just once in their last 14 games (D7 L6).
- United have won only one of their last five away games (D1 L3), though that win did come on their last away day - 2-1 at Peterborough.
- Leeds have only kept one clean sheet in their last 11 - conceding 17 in that time.
- Luciano Becchio has scored four league goals so far this season. It took him until January 21st last season to reach that mark.
Huddersfield Town v Derby County
- This game will mark the first time the two sides have met in the league since 1995/96.
- Both teams have scored in the last four meetings between the two in all competitions.
- Derby County have won the last three league meetings.
- Town have only lost one of their last nine home games - winning six and drawing two.
- Derby have only scored one of their eight league goals this season away from home.
- The Rams have lost only once in their last six (W2 D3).
- County's eight goals this season have been scored by eight different players.
Hull v Millwall
- The two games last season between Hull and Millwall ended in 2-0 wins for the home team, with four of the last five clashes in all competitions being won by the home team.
- None of the last five matches in all competitions have seen both teams score.
- The last seven league meetings have produced 15 goals - an average of 2.1 per game.
- Hull have won their last five home games in a row, but only managed to keep a clean sheet in one of those games.
- Millwall's defeat to Sheffield Wednesday in their last away match ended a run of six away trips without defeat (W5 D1), a run that saw them ship just the one goal.
- No team has scored more goals away from home than Millwall this season (4 - level with Blackburn and Watford).
Middlesbrough v Ipswich
- Middlesbrough have won just one of the last 12 games against Ipswich (D7 L4).
- The last three matches between Middlesbrough and Ipswich have ended in draws.
- Five of the last six matches between the two have seen both teams score.
- Boro have won their last three home league matches.
- In five of Boro's last six matches, both teams have scored.
- The Tractor Boys have lost just one of their last five away games, although it was their last game on the road (a 6-0 defeat at the hands of Blackpool).
- After scoring three times in his first three games against Boro, Michael Chopra has not scored in his last six against them.
Nottingham Forest v Birmingham City
- Forest have won only once in the last eight meetings between the two in all competitions, although that win did come in the last game (2-1 away at St. Andrews).
- Both league meetings last season were won by the away side.
- Chris Burke scored for Birmingham in both league matches last season.
- Nottingham Forest are unbeaten in their last five matches (W3 D2) - scoring eight and conceding only four.
- This is Forest's best start to a season since they won their opening four games of the 2006/07 season.
- Birmingham City have lost two of their last 13 league games; however, both defeats were in their last two away games.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leicester City
- Wolves have won only one of the last nine matches against the Foxes.
- The last nine games between Wolves and Leicester have yielded 15 goals in total. The four games before that produced the same number.
- At Molineux, three of the last four clashes between the two sides have ended in a draw.
- Wanderers have won just once in their last 18 matches (D5 L12), however they are unbeaten in their last three at home (W1 D2).
- Wolves have conceded 45 goals in their last 20 home games - keeping just one clean sheet in that run.
- Leicester have won two of their last nine away games (D1 L6).