Championship Opta Facts - 15-16 September
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Sheffield Wednesday v Middlesbrough
- The last seven times these two have met the home side has prevailed and taken all three points, all of these games were in the Premier League.
- The away side has failed to score in three of the last four meetings between these two.
- Adam Johnson has scored four goals for Boro in three away games in the Championship this season, two of which have come from the spot.
- Wednesday have collected seven points from their last three league games.
- ‘Boro have only suffered one defeat in their opening six league games this season.
Swansea v Bristol City
- Three of the last four meetings between these sides have ended in 0-0 draws.
- There has not been an away win in this fixture since the 1993/94 season, when both teams won on their travels.
- Swansea are yet to win at home this season, and have only scored one goal in three games at Liberty Stadium.
- Swansea have only scored once at home in three games in the league this term.
- Bristol City have collected only two points from their opening three away league games this term.
West Bromwich Albion v Doncaster
- The last time these two met in the league was in 1947/48 when Doncaster won both games.
- West Brom have won four of their last five league games.
- Albion have scored 10 goals in their last four league games, scoring at least two in each match.
- Doncaster are without a win in the league away from home this term and have only scored one goal on the road.
- Rovers have failed to score in three of their last four league games.
Blackpool v Newcastle
- These sides have not met in the league since 1970/71 when both teams claimed away wins.
- The Tangerines have kept clean sheets in their last two home games, taking four points along the way.
- Blackpool have lost only once in their six league games this season.
- Newcastle have won their last five league matches, keeping a clean sheet in each.
Reading v Cardiff
- The two league meetings between these two last season came within a month of each other, between November and Boxing Day, they both ended in draws.
- Cardiff have scored in every game they have played against Reading (all comps) since 1983, in which period they have met 23 times.
- Michael Chopra has scored all four of Cardiff’s away goals this season, including a hat trick against Plymouth.
- Reading have failed to score in four of their league games so far this season.
- Cardiff have lost, and failed to score in, their last two league games.
Coventry v Sheffield United
- Sheffield United have won three of their last four meetings with Coventry including two at the Ricoh Arena, drawing the other one.
- The Blades have won four of their last five games away from home to Coventry.
- In 14 meetings in the Championship there has only ever been one 0-0 draw between these two.
- Coventry are winless in their last four matches in all competitions.
- United have not lost in five matches, winning three in all competitions.
Derby County v Barnsley
- Barnsley have not won at Derby since 1983, since when they have met nine times there.
- There has only been one draw in the last 13 meetings between these two teams, last time out when it was a 0-0 stalemate.
- Barnsley have scored only once in five league games.
- Derby have won just once in their last five Championship games.
Ipswich v Nottingham Forest
- Forest have not been able to beat Ipswich in their last four meetings, losing two and drawing two.
- The last time there was a goalless draw between these teams was in 1970, since when they have met 42 times in all competitions.
- Ipswich have scored just two goals and taken only two points from three home games this season in the Championship.
- Ipswich are yet to win this season in the Championship, losing four of their six matches.
- Forest have drawn their three away matches so far this term, scoring just twice.
Leicester City v Peterborough
- Last season these sides met twice in League One, with the home side winning and keeping a clean sheet on both occasions.
- The last time these sides met in the second tier of English football was in 1993, Leicester won 2-1 at home and they shared the points at Peterborough.
- The Posh are yet to win in the league this term, picking up just two points from their last four games in the Championship.
- The Foxes have won all three of their home games in the league this season by a one goal margin.
Plymouth v Watford
- Plymouth have won three of their last four meetings with Watford, including two 2-1 wins last season, the other result was a 1-1 draw at Plymouth in March 2008.
- Plymouth (30) have won this fixture more than twice as many times as Watford (14), there have also been 14 draws.
- Argyle have netted exactly one goal in each of their three home games so far, but two of these three goals came in the 90th minute.
- In three away games this season, Watford have recorded a win, draw and loss, netting five goals and also conceding five.
- Watford are unbeaten in four league games.
- Plymouth are yet to win in the league this term, losing their last four in a row.
QPR v Crystal Palace
- Last season QPR and Palace played out two 0-0 draws in the Championship, before that they had not shared a goalless draw since 1994.
- QPR have only managed one victory in their last six matches at Loftus road against the Eagles.
- Palace have not managed to score a first half goal in their three away games so far this season.
- QPR have drawn all three of their previous league games at home 1-1 this season.
- Palace have only one win to their name in the Championship so far this term.
Scunthorpe v Preston
- Scunthorpe won both league encounters last season as a player from the away side was sent off in both games.
- In 26 meetings in all competitions these two sides have never shared a 0-0 draw.
- The Iron have failed to score in their last two home games, losing both.
- Preston have had five different goal scorers away from home so far, as they have won five points from their three fixtures on the road.
- Preston are unbeaten so far this season in the league.
- North End have conceded only one goal in their last four league matches.