Championship Opta Facts - 15 December
Hull City v Huddersfield Town
- The side playing away from home has not won any of the last six meetings between Hull and Huddersfield.
- Huddersfield have the worst disciplinary record of all Championship clubs this season - 38 yellows, three reds.
- Hull City have won all nine of the Championship games that they've scored the opening goal in.
- The Tigers have won eight of their last 12 games in the Championship (L3 D1).
- Huddersfield are without a win in five league games (L3 D2).
Birmingham City v Crystal Palace
- Birmingham have won four and lost just one of their last six matches against Crystal Palace.
- Crystal Palace have already been awarded 12 penalties (scoring 10) in the Championship this season; a league-high.
- Birmingham have won just once in their last six league games (L3 D2).
- Palace have lost only one of their last 18 league games (W12 D5).
- Eagles' striker Glenn Murray has scored 16 goals in his last 14 appearances for the club.
Blackpool v Blackburn Rovers
- There have been 22 goals scored in the last six meetings between Blackburn and Blackpool; an average of 3.7 a match.
- No side are currently on a longer unbeaten run in the Championship than Blackpoool (seven games).
- Blackpool have been denied by the woodwork more often than any other side in the Championship this term (11).
- Jordan Rhodes has netted seven goals in Blackburn's last nine league games.
- Blackburn have won just six points in the eight games since Henning Berg was named as their manager (W1 D3 L4).
Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic
- Bolton have won five and lost just one of their last seven league meetings with Charlton Athletic.
- Charlton are on a run of seven games without defeat in the Championship; the joint-longest run of its kind alongside Blackpool.
- Bolton have given away more penalties than any other side in the Championship this season (7).
- The Trotters have scored four goals from direct free kicks this season in the Championship; more than any other side.
- Dougie Freedman's side have lost 21 points from leading positions in the Championship this season; more than any other side.
Brighton & Hove Albion v Nottingham Forest
- There has been a red card given out in four of the last six meetings between these two sides (two apiece).
- Brighton have attempted more shots than any other side in the Championship this season (232).
- There have been an average of 2.38 goals scored per game in matches involving Brighton this season; a league-low.
- The Seagulls have lost just one of their last nine league games (W3 D5 L1).
- Billy Sharp has scored in three of Nottingham Forest's last four league games.
Bristol City v Derby County
- Craig Bryson scored for Derby in both of their league meetings with Bristol City last season.
- Bristol City have conceded a goal in every one of their 21 Championship games this season.
- No player to have scored 6+ goals this season in the Championship has a better mins per goal ratio than City's Steve Davies (goal every 59 mins).
- Games involving Bristol City have witnessed a higher average goals per game than any other side this season (3.57).
- Just one of Derby's last 10 league games has ended in a draw (W5 L4).
Burnley v Watford
- Each of the last 11 meetings between Burnley and Watford has gone over 2.5 goals , with an average of 4.2 goals scored per game over this time span.
- Burnley manager Sean Dyche was sacked by Watford in the summer after winning 35% of his games in charge of the club. His replacement; Gianfranco Zola, has won 48% of league games in charge of the Hornets.
- Burnley's Charlie Austin has scored nine headed goals in the Championship this season; more than 21 of the other 23 teams in the division have managed.
- Watford (12) have scored more goals from outside the box than any other side.
- Troy Deeney has scored in six successive games for Watford (seven goals in total).
Cardiff City v Peterborough United
- The last five meetings between these two sides have averaged 4.8 goals a game (24 goals in total).
- Peter Whittingham has scored for Cardiff in three of their last four league meetings with the Posh.
- Cardiff have won all 10 of their home games in the Championship this season, while no side have lost more away games that Peterborough.
- Cardiff have scored in 19 successive games in the Championship.
- Peterborough United are the only side in the Championship yet to win a point from a losing position this season.
Leeds United v Ipswich Town
- There has been a red card given in four of the last six meetings between these two sides.
- Leeds striker Ross McCormack scored in both league games against Ipswich Town last season.
- Ipswich are currently on the longest winning streak in the Championship (three games).
- Leeds have attempted the fewest shots in the Championship this season (153).
- Of players to have scored 6+ goals in the Championship this season, Luciano Becchio has the best shot conversion rate (46.2%).
Middlesbrough v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Just one of the last 10 meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Middlesbrough have won 13 points in games that they have conceded the first goal in; no other side has won more.
- Just one of the last 12 Middlesbrough games has ended in a draw (W8 L3).
- Wolves have won two successive league games, this after failing to win any of their previous nine.
- Wolves have kept just one clean sheet in their last 11 league games.
Millwall v Leicester City
- Millwall have won three of their last four league meetings with the Foxes (losing the other), including both matches last term.
- Only Cardiff (22) have won more points from their last 10 league games than Millwall (21).
- Leicester City have faced just 66 shots on target in Championship games this season, the lowest tally in the Championship.
- The Foxes have also kept more clean sheets than any other side in the Championship this term (8).
- Millwall have scored just one first half goal in their last seven Championship games.
Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday
- Jermaine Johnson has scored in the last two matches between Barnsley and Wednesday.
- Barnsley have won fewer points than any other side in their last 10 league games (4), while Wednesday have won the second fewest (6).
- Sheffield Wednesday have lost seven successive matches in the Championship. If they lose this game, it'll be the longest-such streak seen in the division this season.
- Barnsley have scored fewer goals than any other side in the Championship this season.
- The Tykes have conceded more goals in the opening 10 minutes of matches than any other side (8).