Championship Opta Facts - 16-17 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Barnsley v Middlesbrough
- The away side has netted exactly one goal in seven of the last 10 meetings between these sides.
- 'Boro have only won one of their last seven trips to Oakwell; a 4-1 hammering in August 1993.
- Barnsley have won just one of their last eight league games.
- Middlesbrough have won five and drawn one of their last six league games.
- 'Boro have found the net in 11 consecutive Championship games - they last failed to score on March 12 (0-0 v Portsmouth).
- The Tykes have kept just two clean sheets in their last 13 league games at Oakwell.
Doncaster v Nottingham Forest
- Doncaster are unbeaten in five home meetings with Forest, winning three and drawing two.
- The last five meetings between the sides in South Yorkshire have seen just five goals netted.
- Doncaster have now gone 14 league games without a win.
- The South Yorkshire side have only scored six goals in their last 13 home league games combined.
- Steve McLaren's side are yet to register a single goal this season, despite having bagged three or more in each of their last four regular league games last term.
- Rovers are now winless in 10 home league games.
Ipswich v Southampton
- Ipswich have won just one of their last six clashes with the Saints, losing three and drawing two.
- At Portman Road, only one of the last nine meetings between the sides has ended as a draw; a 2-2 in September 2005.
- Ipswich have found the net in all but one of their last 11 league games, netting one more than one occasion in seven of them.
- Despite this, the Portman Road outfit have conceded 15 goals in their last six league games combined.
- David Connolly has netted in both league games so far for the Saints.
- Southampton have won their last eight league games.
Leeds v Hull
- Both times these two sides met last season ended in 2-2 draws.
- The last three fixtures between United and the Tigers have seen 17 yellow cards and one sending off.
- Leeds have lost both Championship games this season, conceding four goals in the process.
- Hull lost just five away games in the Championship last term, only promoted QPR and Norwich lost fewer (both four).
- Both of the Tigers' two opening fixtures this term have ended 1-0 to the away team.
- The Tigers drew six away games they had fallen behind in last term - a league-high.
Portsmouth v Reading
- The last four matchups between Portsmouth and Reading have seen 17 goals scored, most of those coming in the 7-4 drubbing Pompey gave to the Royals at Fratton Park in 2007.
- The last time Reading won at Fratton Park was in 1997, losing twice and drawing twice since then.
- Reading have already netted three goals in the closing 5 minutes of games this season, two more than any other side.
- The Royals have lost just one of their last 18 regular league games.
- Portsmouth have now failed to score in four consecutive home league games for the first time since August 2008.
- Only three goals were scored in the opening 15 minutes of games at Fratton Park in the entire 2010/11 campaign - every other Championship ground saw more.
Watford v West Ham
- The Hornets have scored exactly one goal in their last five meetings with West Ham, winning the last three all 1-0.
- Only two of the last 21 clashes between the sides have seen the spoils shared.
- The Hornets have taken just one point from the last 15 available in league competition.
- Both of West Ham's league fixtures this season have finished 0-1 to the away side.
- The Hammers have netted just four goals in their last six away league games combined.
- The Hornets have conceded two or more goals in nine of their last 11 league games.
Crystal Palace v Coventry
- These two sides met three times in all competitions last season, with the side playing at home winning each time (Coventry twice, Palace once)
- Coventry have won on only one of their last 10 trips to Selhurst Park in all competitions.
- If the table was based on home points only, Crystal Palace would have finished a comfortable 12th last season, eight places higher than where they actually ended the season (20th).
- The Eagles have scored in all but one of their last 10 league games at Selhurst Park.
- Coventry have lost both of their league games so far this season 0-1.
- The Sky Blues have scored in eight of their last nine away league games, but have also conceded in eight of their last nine.
Cardiff v Brighton
- The last time either of these clubs scored three goals or more against the other, was in Cardiff's 3-0 win over Brighton in 1994 - a run of 17 games ago.
- Brighton have not won at Cardiff since 1984, a run of 10 games without success.
- The Bluebirds have lost just one of their last 12 regular league games.
- Brighton are now unbeaten in nine away league games.
- Gus Poyet's side had the best away defensive record in League One last season, conceding just 18 goals on their travels all year.
- The Bluebirds are unbeaten in five meetings with the Seagulls, winning three and drawing two (both 1-1).
Leicester v Bristol City
- Both meetings between these sides last season were won by the side playing at home.
- The Robins have failed to score on five of their last seven trips to Leicester.
- Only three Championship teams (Swansea, QPR and Nottingham Forest) won more home points than the Foxes last season.
- The Robins have already conceded six league goals this season, two more than any other side.
- Bristol City were 0-3 down after 36 minutes in their only previous away game this term, at Cardiff.
- Leicester conceded a higher proportion of home goals in the first half than any other side in the second tier last season - 59%.
Millwall v Peterborough
- The last three meetings between these sides have seen at least one side keep a clean sheet.
- This match is the first time the Lions will have played the Posh in the English second tier since 1994.
- The last three meetings between the teams have produced three red cards in total.
- The Lions have scored exactly two goals in both of their two league games this term, winning one and drawing the other.
- The Posh have scored and conceded in nine of their last 11 regular league games.
- All three of Peterborough's goals this season have come in the second half.
- Peterborough have only failed to net in one of their last 18 away league games.
Blackpool v Derby
- The last five matches between these clubs in all competitions have seen just six yellow cards and one sending off.
- The last time Derby won at Bloomfield Road was in 1986.
- Derby have won both league games so far this season - they last managed consecutive league wins in November 2010.
- Blackpool scored and conceded in all but one of their 19 home league games last season.
- The Tangerines have only kept one clean sheet in their last 22 league games at Bloomfield Road, but have only failed to score in one of these.
- Derby were the only side to lose every game they fell behind in on the road last season (12).