Championship Opta Facts - 17 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackpool v Plymouth
- Blackpool have failed to score in five of their last six encounters with the Pilgrims.
- Plymouth have scored in seven of their last eight matches against the Seasiders.
- Plymouth's last six visits to Blackpool have produced just five goals.
- In each of Blackpool's last four league games, the side who have been winning at half time have gone on to win the match.
- Plymouth have scored only two first half goals in their last 10 league games.
- Plymouth have not kept a clean sheet in the league this season - Peterborough are the only other Championship side not to have done so.
Bristol City v Peterborough
- Bristol City have won nine of their last 10 meetings with the Posh, drawing the other.
- All five draws in the history of this fixture have been by a score of 1-1.
- City have lost only once in seven league fixtures.
- Peterborough have picked up only two points from their five away games so far this season in the Championship.
- City have the longest undefeated home run in the Championship - 16 games.
- Half of Peterborough's 12 goals this season have been headed.
- Only one of Bristol City's goals this season has come in the first half.
Cardiff v Crystal Palace
- Cardiff are unbeaten in six encounters with Palace, winning three.
- The Eagles have scored a total of just four goals in their last eight meetings with Cardiff.
- Peter Whittingham has scored in each of Cardiff's last three league games - all of these goals coming in the opening 25 minutes of the match.
- The Bluebirds have scored 10 goals in their last two league matches.
- Palace are unbeaten in four league games, keeping a clean sheet in each match.
- Nine of the 11 goals that Palace have scored so far this season have come in the second half.
Doncaster v Barnsley
- Barnsley took more points in Yorkshire derbies last season (16) than any other side in the Championship.
- The Tykes won both league meetings with Doncaster last season, including 4-1 at Keepmoat, all four goals coming after their own Darren Moore was sent off in the 49th minute.
- Jon Macken, who scored last time out in the league against Ipswich, scored in both meetings with Rovers last season.
- Barnsley have lost only one of their last five league games.
- Doncaster have drawn eight of their 11 league games this season - a league-high.
Ipswich v Swansea
- Swansea have only been able to win in one of their last six matches against Ipswich.
- Ipswich have not tasted defeat at home to Swansea City since November 1981 (2-3).
- Ipswich are yet to win in the league this term, and have made their worst start ever to a season - collecting only five points from their opening 11 matches.
- Swansea City have conceded only one goal in their last five league games.
- There has been only one first half goal scored in Swansea's last nine league matches.
Leicester v Derby
- Three of the last four meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Derby have not won any of their last four visits to Leicester City.
- Derby have picked up only one point from their five away trips in the league so far this term.
- The Rams have lost five of their last seven league matches.
- The Foxes have won only one of their last five Championship games.
- Each of Leicester's last four league goals have come in the closing 20 minutes of the match.
Middlesbrough v Watford
- The away side in this fixture has only prevailed once in their last nine meetings.
- Watford's last victory in Middlesbrough came back in April 1992 (2-1).
- Watford have only managed to collect two points from their last four games in the league.
- The Hornets have conceded 11 goals in their last four league games.
- Middlesbrough have failed to score in three of their five league games at the Riverside so far this term.
Nottingham Forest v Newcastle
- Newcastle have won their last three meetings with Forest, conceding only one goal in the process.
- Three of their last four meetings at the City Ground have ended level.
- Forest have won three consecutive league games, conceding only one goal in the process.
- The Magpies have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last ten league matches.
- Newcastle have only failed to find the net in one of their league games this term - in their last match against Bristol City (0-0).
QPR v Preston
- The away side has won this fixture just once in the last eight meetings between QPR and Preston.
- Four of Preston's last eight matches against the Hoops at Loftus Road have ended in a draw.
- There have been 12 goals scored in their last three meetings with one another.
- QPR have suffered only one defeat in their last seven league matches.
- Preston have only been defeated in one of their five away trips in the league so far this term.
Scunthorpe v Sheffield United
- Despite meeting 12 times prior to this match, the away side has won this fixture only once before.
- There have been three red cards in the last two meetings between Scunthorpe and Sheffield United.
- Scunthorpe have collected only two points from their last four league games.
- Seven of the last eight goals that Scunthorpe have conceded have come in the second half.
- The Blades have scored in 10 consecutive league matches.
- Sheffield United have won only once in their last five league games.
- Scunthorpe have gone a league-high 36 games without a goalless draw.
Sheffield Wednesday v Coventry
- The Owls have only won one of their last seven meetings with Coventry City.
- Sheffield Wednesday have only tasted defeat in one of their last seven home games against the Sky Blues.
- Coventry have kept three clean sheets in their last four meetings with Sheffield Wednesday.
- Wednesday have failed to score in two consecutive league matches.
- The Owls have suffered only one defeat in their five games at home so far this league campaign.
- Leon Best has scored five goals in his last six league appearances for Coventry.
West Brom v Reading
- Reading are unbeaten in five successive matches against West Brom.
- West Brom have not lost any of their last seven home games against Reading in the league; both winning and keeping a clean sheet in six of these matches.
- West Brom have collected only one point from their last three league matches.
- Reading have only been able to collect one win from their last six league games.
- The Royals have won two of their last three league games away from home.