Championship Opta Facts - 18-19 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday
- Wednesday have won three of their last four meetings with United, drawing the other.
- Last season all four goals scored in the two games between the two teams were netted in the first 35 minutes of action.
- The first competitive Steel City derby was in 1893, almost 116 years ago, ending in a 1-1 draw. Since then they have met 122 times in all competitions, with United holding the head to head advantage 44-40 (38 draws).
- The Blades are unbeaten at Bramall Lane in 10 league games.
- The Owls have conceded exactly one goal in their last four away games.
Barnsley v Swansea
- Each of the last five league meetings between these two sides (inc. play-offs) have seen four goals scored, Swansea have twice won 3-1, and they have shared three 2-2 draws.
- Barnsley scored a penalty in both encounters with Swansea last season.
- The Tykes are the only side in the Championship who are yet to win a point at home.
- Simon Davey's side have failed to score in four of their seven games so far in the league.
- No team has scored as few goals as Swansea so far in the league this season - three.
Bristol City v Scunthorpe
- In four of the last five meetings between Bristol City and Scunthorpe, one side has failed to score.
- The Robins have won three of the last four home games against the Iron, drawing the other.
- Scunthorpe have failed to score in four of their seven league games this season, losing all four, but have scored at least three in the other three and won each of them.
- Bristol City are unbeaten in 14 home league games, winning their last three.
- City have not scored more than two goals in a league game since Boxing Day 2008, a run of 28 games.
Cardiff City v QPR
- Cardiff have only managed to score in one of their last four home games against QPR.
- Seven of the last 11 meetings between these two sides have ended 1-0.
- The away side in this fixture has scored only four goals in the last 11 matches between the teams.
- After scoring 11 goals in their first four league games of the season, Cardiff have managed to score just once in their last three encounters in the Championship.
- Cardiff have conceded only one goal in their three home games in the league so far this term.
- QPR are yet to score more than one goal in a league game this term.
Four of QPR's six league games this season have ended 1-1.
Crystal Palace v Derby County
- Derby have both lost and failed to score in their last three visits to Selhurst Park to face Palace.
- Palace have won each of their last three meetings with the Rams.
- Only one of the last 11 meetings between these sides has ended in a draw.
- Neil Warnock's side have scored only one goal in their last three league encounters.
- All five of Palace's league goals have come in the second half this term.
- Derby have lost three successive league games by one goal.
Doncaster Rovers v Ipswich Town
- This will be Ipswich's fifth visit to Doncaster Rovers, having not managed a win in any of the previous four.
- Doncaster have won their last three matches against the Tractor Boys, including two wins in the league last term.
- Doncaster have failed to score in three of their last five league games.
- Rovers have only one win from seven games in the league this season.
- Ipswich are yet to win in the league this season, and have lost all three of their away matches.
Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion
- West Brom have won their last two meetings with 'Boro and are unbeaten in four.
- Middlesbrough have suffered only one defeat in 21 home games against the Baggies, but this came in their last encounter at the Riverside (1-0).
- Adam Johnson has scored six goals in his last seven appearances for Middlesbrough.
- Gareth Southgate's side have won five of their last six league games.
- West Brom are undefeated in the league this term and have won five of their last six games in the Championship.
Newcastle v Plymouth
- Plymouth have not won at Newcastle since their 2-0 victory in September 1961 - a run of six visits without a win.
- Newcastle have lost just once in their last six meetings with Paul Sturrock's side.
- The away side have been victorious in just one of the last nine encounters between the teams.
- Newcastle have lost just once in the league this season, however this did come in their last game.
- The Magpies have conceded in just one of their last six league games.
- Plymouth have lost five successive league matches.
- Argyle have not managed to score more than one goal in any Championship game this term.
Nottingham Forest v Blackpool
- Blackpool have not managed to win at Nottingham Forest since their 1-0 victory in February 1964.
- Five of the last six meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Forest are unbeaten in seven meetings with Ian Holloway's side.
- Forest have drawn three of their last four league games 1-1.
- Billy Davies' side have collected only one win from their seven league games so far this season.
- Blackpool have lost only once in seven league games this term, but have amassed four draws.
Peterborough v Reading
- Reading have lost only once in their last five visits to London Road.
- This is the first-ever meeting between the teams in the second tier.
- The Posh have drawn each of their last three league games 1-1.
- Peterborough are yet to win in the Championship this season.
- Reading have failed to score in five of their seven league games this term and have only one win to their name under new boss Brendan Rodgers in the Championship.
Preston North End v Coventry City
- Preston are unbeaten in their last eight home games against Coventry City.
- Coventry have managed just one win in their last 10 games against North End.
- The Sky Blues have taken just one point from a possible 18 in their last six visits to Deepdale.
- Preston have found the net in each of their seven league games so far this term.
- North End are unbeaten at home in the Championship this term and have kept a clean sheet in their last two games at Deepdale in the league.
- Coventry have failed to score in their last two league games away from the Ricoh Arena.
Watford v Leicester
- Watford have won just once in their last nine home games against Leicester.
- There has not been a goalless draw in this meeting in 19 matches - the last coming in December 1990.
- Tom Cleverley has scored three goals in his last five appearances for Watford in the league.
- Watford have scored exactly one goal in their last three league matches.
- The Hornets are unbeaten in five league games.
- Matty Fryatt has scored five goals in Leicester's last five league games - all of their goals in this period.