Championship Opta Facts - 1st January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Leeds v Middlesbrough
- The last four meetings between the sides have been won by the team playing away from home.
- Leeds and Middlesbrough have both kept just one clean sheet in the last nine meetings between the sides.
- United are unbeaten in their last 11 games in the Championship, currently the longest run in the competition.
- Only Crystal Palace have picked up fewer points on the road in the Championship this season than Boro.
Millwall v Crystal Palace
- Neither side has scored more than once in any of the last five meetings between Millwall and Palace.
- The Lions are unbeaten in their last six meetings with Crystal Palace.
- Millwall are unbeaten in their last six in the league, conceding only two goals in this run.
- The Eagles have picked up fewer points on the road than any other side in the Championship (five).
Bristol City v Cardiff
- Cardiff have bagged a total of 12 goals in their last three league meetings with the Robins.
- The Bluebirds are unbeaten in their last six league meetings with Bristol City.
- City are unbeaten in their last seven league games at Ashton Gate.
- Cardiff have lost their last three away games.
Burnley v Sheffield United
- The meeting between the sides earlier this season ended 3-3 despite being goalless at half time.
- Burnley are unbeaten in their last four meetings with the Blades in all competitions, winning three.
- The Clarets have lost back-to-back matches at Turf Moor for the first time in the league this season.
- United have lost four of their last five league games.
Coventry v Ipswich
- Both sides have found the net in the last 17 meetings between City and Ipswich.
- Coventry have lost their last three league games, conceding exactly twice in each defeat.
- The 3-0 win over Leicester in their last league match ended a run of six consecutive league defeats for Ipswich.
Doncaster v Scunthorpe
- Doncaster have scored a total of nine goals in their last three meetings with the Iron.
- Doncaster are unbeaten in four at home to Scunthorpe, winning three.
- Rovers have taken 10 points from the last 12 available at home.
- Six of Scunthorpe's seven wins in the Championship this season have come away from home.
Hull v Leicester
- Leicester have won only one of their last five meetings with the Tigers.
- The Foxes have won on only one of their last nine trips to Hull in the league.
- Hull are unbeaten in their last eight league games.
- Leicester are on a run of four straight defeats away from home in the Championship.
Norwich v QPR
- The last three meetings between City and QPR have produced only two goals in total, both scored by the side playing away from home.
- The Hoops have scored only two goals in total in their last six clashes with Norwich: both in 1-0 wins.
- Grant Holt has scored five goals in Norwich's last five league games, while Wes Hoolahan has netted four in the same period.
Nottingham Forest v Barnsley
- The last two meetings between the sides at Forest have ended in a 1-0 home win.
- Barnsley have won on only one of their last 11 trips to Forest in all competitions.
- Only Middlesbrough have scored fewer away goals in the Championship than Barnsley this season (nine).
Preston v Derby
- Derby have scored eight goals in total in their last two matches against Preston (both at home).
- The Rams have only lost one of their last 10 league encounters with Preston.
- Preston have won only one of their last nine league games.
Swansea v Reading
- Swansea are unbeaten in their last four clashes with the Royals, winning twice.
- Seven of the last nine goals in this fixture have come in the second half.
- Only QPR have picked up more points at home in the Championship than Swansea this season.
- The Royals have drawn six of their last eight league matches, winning the other two.
Watford v Portsmouth
- The Hornets are unbeaten in their last six at home to Pompey in all competitions.
- Eight of the last nine clashes between Watford and Portsmouth have produced at least three goals.
- Danny Graham has scored five goals in his last three league appearances for the Hornets.
- Pompey have claimed seven points from the last nine available on the road.