Championship Opta Facts - 2-3 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Crystal Palace v Leicester City
- Leicester fired in nine shots on target to Palace's one in their 3-0 victory back in November.
- Leicester have won three and lost just one of the last five meetings with Palace.
- The Foxes have won just one of their last eight trips to Selhurst Park to play Palace in all competitions.
- Palace have scored just seven goals in their last 13 Championship games and never more than once in a match in that run.
- Leicester have scored exactly one goal in each of their last five Championship matches.
- Palace have won just three of their last 11 Championship games, but those three wins have come in the last four fixtures.
Blackpool v Middlesbrough
- Blackpool have won two and lost none of the last three meetings with Boro.
- The Tangerines scored from their only two shots on target when they drew 2-2 with Boro in the reverse fixture at the Riverside.
- Blackpool have failed to score in three of their last four home matches against Boro.
- Scott McDonald has scored six goals in his last nine Championship appearances.
- Blackpool have lost just one of the last nine Championship matches at Bloomfiedl Road.
- Boro have lost just one of their last 10 Championship matches.
Brighton v Southampton
- Brighton didn't manage a single shot on target in their 0-3 defeat by Saints at St Mary's in November.
- Southampton have lost just one of their last 12 matches in all competitions against Brighton.
- Saints are unbeaten in their last seven trips to the Sussex club in all competitions, winning five and drawing two.
- Brighton have failed to score in their last four matches in the Championship and lost them all.
- Southampton have won just one of their last five Championship matches.
- The Saints have won just one of their last nine on the road in the league.
Cardiff City v Reading
- None of the last seven meetings between Cardiff and Reading have ended as a home win.
- Reading are unbeaten in their last five visits to Cardiff in league competition (including play-offs), winning two and drawing three.
- Cardiff have scored exactly two goals in seven of the last nine home games in all competitions against Reading and failed to score in the other two.
- The Bluebirds have dropped a joint-high 16 points from winning positions this season.
- Reading have dropped just two points from winning positions this season, the fewest in the Championship.
- Reading have scored the highest percentage of second half goals in the Championship (84%).
Doncaster v Barnsley
- Barnsley have won five and lost just one of their last seven matches against Doncaster.
- Barnsley have scored exactly two goals in each of the last three Championship games against Rovers.
- In each of the last three games between Barnsley and Doncaster, a player has scored a brace.
- Barnsley have won their last three away trips to Doncaster with Rovers failing to find the net on each occasion.
- The Tykes have recouped just one point from losing positions this season, fewer than any other team in the Championship.
- Ricardo Vaz Te has scored eight goals in his last seven Championship appearances.
- Billy Sharp has scored eight goals in his last 10 Championship appearances.
Hull City v Derby County
- Hull have only lost one of the last seven games against Derby, winning the last three in a row.
- There have been four penalties scored in total in the last three league meetings between Hull and Derby at the KC Stadium.
- The Tigers have won five and lost just one of their last seven home matches against the Rams.
- Derby have scored the highest percentage of goals in the first half of games in the Championship this season (52%).
- 92% of Hull's goals have been scored form open play, the highest proportion in the Championship.
- Derby have won none of their last seven games away from home in the Championship.
Ipswich Town v Nottingham Forest
- Ipswich scored from their only two shots on target against Forest at the City Ground earlier this season.
- Forest are unbeaten in their last five games against Ipswich, winning the last four in a row.
- Town have had a 90th minute red card in each of their last two home games against the Midlands side.
- There has been an own goal in two of the last three games between Ipswich and Forest at Portman Road.
- Ipswich have dropped a joint-league high 16 points from winning positions this season.
- Ipswich twice took the lead in the reverse fixture at the City Ground before succumbing to a 90th minute goal to lose 3-2.
- Nottingham Forest have scored the highest percentage of goals from set pieces in the Championship (44%).
- Forest have failed to score in their last seven matches in the Championship.
Leeds United v Burnley
- Leeds have won seven and lost one of the last eight league games against Burnley.
- Of Leeds seven wins in that run, in the three games they didn't keep a clean sheet (four), they came from behind to beat Burnley.
- Leeds have won the last three home games against Burnley without conceding.
- Burnley have scored the highest percentage of headed goals in the Championship (36%).
- Leeds have conceded the lowest percentage of headed goals in the Championship (6%).
- Burnley have scored the highest number of goals from corners this season (7).
Peterborough v Birmingham
- Peterborough scored from their only shot in the game when they met Birmingham back in November.
- Three of the last four meetings between Peterborough and Birmingham have been draws.
- Peterborough have recouped more points (17) than any other team in the Championship.
- Birmingham have taken just one point from the last 12 available away from home.
- Peterborough have scored in their last 16 Championship matches but netted just one in each of the last four.
- There have been 45 goals scored at London Road this season, more than at any other stadium in the Championship.
Portsmouth v Watford
- Both sides mustered three shots on target in the reverse fixture back in November, though Watford made two count, in a 2-0 victory.
- The last six games in all competitions in this fixture have all ended as home wins.
- Portsmouth have won their last three home games at Fratton Park against the Hornets.
- Watford are unbeaten in their last eight Championship matches, the longest current run of any team in the division.
- Pompey are unbeaten in their last six Championship home games, winning four.
- The Hornets have won just two of their 11 Championship away matches this season.
West Ham v Coventry
- West Ham scored from their only two shots on target when they beat Coventry back in November.
- Three of the last four meetings between these two sides in all competitions have ended with a 2-1 scoreline, with the team conceding first going on to win.
- West Ham have won the last three games against Coventry in all competitions.
- Carlton Cole has scored in the last two games against City.
- West Ham have conceded the highest percentage of headed goals in the Championship (38%).
- The Hammers have won just one and lost three of their last five Championship matches.
- The Sky Blues have scored fewer away goals (6) than any other side in the Championship.
Bristol City v Millwall
- There were three dismissals in total in the two league meetings between these two sides last season.
- There have been six red cards in total in the last three meetings between Millwall and City at Ashton Gate.
- MIllwall have failed to score in six of their last nine Championship matches.
- Only Coventry (3) have taken fewer points away from home than Millwall (6) this season.
- Bristol City have taken the fewest points on home soil of any team in the Championship this season (9).
- Bristol City have conceded the highest percentage of goals in the second half of games of any team in the Championship (74%).