Championship Opta Facts - 24-26 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Portsmouth v Leicester
- The Foxes have won three of their last four league meetings with Portsmouth.
- Portsmouth have failed to score in four of their last five home encounters with Leicester City in all competitions, losing each time.
- Portsmouth are the only side yet to find the net in the second half of a game in the Championship.
- The Foxes have conceded more goals in the first half (8) than any other side.
Cardiff v Millwall
- Four of the last five games between Cardiff and Millwall have ended in a draw.
- The Lions are unbeaten in their last five away games against Cardiff City in all competitions.
- After scoring 11 goals in their first five league games of the season, Cardiff have failed to score in their last two matches.
- Millwall conceded six goals in their last Championship game, one more than in their previous six combined.
Burnley v Bristol City
- Burnley have been defeated in just one of their last seven matches against the Robins.
- There have been three penalties scored in the last two meetings between these sides.
- All three of Burnley's wins in the league this season have come at home.
- Four of Bristol City's five points this season have come on the road.
Coventry v Preston
- Coventry have won just once in their last six home games against Preston.
- Preston are unbeaten in their last five matches against the Sky Blues.
- Preston have conceded 14 goals so far in the league, more than any other side in the Championship.
- Coventry have won seven of a possible nine points at home in the Championship so far this term.
Derby v Crystal Palace
- Only three of the last 12 games between these two sides have witnessed over two goals.
- Palace have won four and drawn one of their last five meetings with the Rams.
- The Eagles have conceded four goals from the penalty spot; more than any other side in the league.
- Since winning their opening day game against Leeds, Derby haven't won in six league matches.
Leeds United v Sheffield United
- Sheffield United are unbeaten in their last seven games against Leeds.
- Leeds have not defeated the Blades since their 2-1 Premier League win at home in September 1993.
- Leeds United have conceded a league-high four goals in the opening 15 minutes of games this season.
- Sheffield United have scored just four goals in their seven league games so far this season: only Portsmouth have scored fewer.
Norwich v Hull
- The last six games between these two sides have ended either 1-1 (3 times) or 2-1 (3 times).
- Hull have not defeated Norwich away from home since their third round FA Cup tie victory in 1971/72.
- Norwich have scored more goals in the final 15 minutes of games than any other side in the league (5).
- Hull are the only side yet to benefit from a goal from a striker in the Championship this season.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea
- Four of the last seven games between these two have ended in a draw.
- Swansea have won just one of their last eight meetings with Nottingham Forest.
- All six of the goals that Forest have conceded so far in the league this term have come in the first half.
- Forest have drawn five of their seven league games so far this season (the most), while Swansea are one of just three sides yet to draw.
QPR v Doncaster
- The side at home have won eight of the last nine encounters between these two teams, drawing the other.
- Doncaster last won at QPR in February 1952; a run of four trips without success.
- QPR have scored more goals than any other side in the league (19), with almost half of those coming through Jamie Mackie (8).
- Doncaster have conceded three league goals from opposition substitutes; a league-high.
Reading v Barnsley
- Barnsley have scored just once in their last four league meetings with the Royals.
- Reading have won just one of their last seven home meetings with Barnsley.
- The Royals have scored in all but one of their league games this season.
- Adam Hammill has scored four goals in the Tykes' last five matches.
Scunthorpe v Ipswich
- Scunthorpe have only won one of their competitive games against Ipswich, losing eight and drawing three.
- There have been four red cards given in the last three meetings between these two sides.
- All 10 of Ipswich's goals in the Championship this season have come in the second half.
- Scunthorpe have failed to score in four of their last six league games, but have kept a clean sheet in the two that they have found the net in.
Watford v Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough have won just one of their last five matches against Watford.
- Watford have been defeated in just one of their last five home games against Boro.
- The Hornets have scored more goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches than any other Championship side (four).
- Marvin Sordell has netted four goals in his last three appearances for Watford.
- After scoring just two goals in their opening five league games this season, Middlesbrough have netted five in their last two.