Championship Opta Facts – April 13-14
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts - Apr 13-14
Southampton v Reading
- The Royals have failed to win in their last five visits to the south coast, losing twice.
- Southampton have conceded a total of five goals in their last three league games, as many as in the previous 12 games combined.
- Nigel Adkins' side have won more home games than any other championship side, 15.
- Nine out of Southampton's 11 opening home fixtures yielded over 2.5 goals. Only two of the following 10 at St Mary's have followed suit.
- Reading have netted in each of their last 11 away games, setting a new Championship record for 2011/12.
- Ian Harte is a defender in form, having scored three goals in four games.
Barnsley v Cardiff
- The last three meetings between the sides have produced a total of 15 goals, including a 5-3 triumph for Cardiff in this season's reverse fixture.
- Cardiff have claimed a victory in four of their last six visits to South Yorkshire.
- The Tykes have managed just three goals in their last 10 matches.
Cardiff have drawn five of their last six matches
- The Bluebirds have found the net in 18 of their 21 away matches, a joint-league-high.
Birmingham v Bristol City
- Birmingham have beaten Bristol City in each of their last five meetings, scoring 11 and conceding four.
- Chris Burke has netted three times in his last four appearances and his double set up a 2-0 win for the Blues in the reverse fixture.
- The Blues have lost one home game this season, less than any Championship side.
Chris Hughton's charges have kept 11 clean sheets at St. Andrews, a joint-league-high.
- Birmingham have netted exactly three goals in their last four Championship outings.
- If Bristol City triumph they will equal a season-best three consecutive victories.
Burnley v Coventry
- On their last six visits to Turf Moor, Andy Thorn's side have returned with three points on one occasion.
- Charlie Austin has struck five goals in his last four appearances and it was his 90th minute winner that secured a 2-1 success for Burnley in the reverse fixture.
- The Clarets have won one of their last five home games.
- The Sky Blues have triumphed just once away from home this term, a league-low.
- Coventry have incurred just one loss in eight, winning two.
Crystal Palace v Ipswich
- Paul Jewell's side have triumphed on three of their last four visits to south London to face Palace.
- There have been four red cards in as many meetings between the sides.
- Palace have suffered defeat in four of their last five games and won only one of their last nine.
- Crystal Palace have drawn a league-high 10 home games this season.
- The Tractor Boys have not won away from home in their last five attempts.
Derby v Middlesbrough
- Boro have overcome Derby in eight of their last eleven meetings, keeping six clean sheets along the way.
- Since the 1999/2000 season the sides have met 13 times with an average of 3.3 goals per game.
- The Rams have lost one of their last seven games, winning four.
- Tony Mowbray's side have embarked on an eight-match winless streak, their worst run this season.
- Boro have managed no more than one goal in their previous eight fixtures.
Doncaster v Portsmouth
- The sides have met 13 times in all competitions, with Portsmouth coming out on top in nine.
- Doncaster have failed to win in nine games, the poorest current run in the division, losing six of their last seven.
- Rovers have also not kept a clean sheet in their last 14 in the Championship, the worst current run.
- Pompey have not won in their last seven away fixtures.
- Michael Appleton's side have failed to find the net in four of their last five matches on the road.
Leeds v Peterborough
- The sides have only met in three previous league meetings, with a total of 11 goals being scored, and nine of those coming after the break.
- Peterborough have scored in each of the seven matches they have played against Leeds (in all competitions).
- Neil Warnock's side have failed to win in five home games and host Peterborough on the back of three consecutive 2-0 defeats (overall).
- The Whites have kept just two clean sheets at Elland Road this term, a league-low.
- Posh are winless in their last nine games away from home.
Millwall v Leicester
- None of the last six league meetings between these two clubs have ended in a draw.
- The Lions have suffered defeat in seven of their latest nine home fixtures.
- Milwall have kept four clean sheets in their last five league matches.
- 18-year-old striker Harry Kane has scored in each of Milwall's last three victories, while Leicester winger Ben Marshall can boast the same feat for his side.
- Nigel Pearson's side have lost just once in their last seven fixtures, winning four.
Nottingham Forest v Blackpool
- Blackpool are unbeaten on their last five visits to the County Ground in all competitions, winning two.
- The teams' four most recent meetings have each produced more than 2.5 goals.
- Forest have failed to find the net in a joint-league-high nine home games this season.
- Steve Cotterill's side boast three clean sheets in their last four league encounters.
- Blackpool have scored in each of their last 18 league games, and are the first Championship side to do so in 2011/12.
- Ian Holloway's charges have lost three of their last four away fixtures.
Watford v Hull
- Hull are unbeaten on their last six matches against Watford, recording five victories, two of which have come at Vicarage Road.
- Former West Brom midfielder Robert Koren has scored in the 90th minute in consecutive matches against Watford.
- The Hornets have suffered defeat once in their last nine Championship games.
- Watford have conceded in 18 of their 21 home fixtures this season.
- Monday's home win over Middlesbrough ended a run of five consecutive defeats for the Tigers and was only their second success in 13.
West Ham v Brighton
- Brighton have triumphed once in 10 visits (in all competitions) to Upton Park, losing seven.
- The Hammers have failed to win at Upton Park in their last seven attempts, drawing six
- Ricardo Vaz Te has netted five times in his last four appearances.
- Brighton have not won away from home in their last five attempts.
- In 9 of their 21 away matches this term, Brighton have failed to get on the scoresheet.