Championship Opta Facts - 20-21 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Brighton v Blackpool
- Brighton have kept a clean sheet against Blackpool in five of their last eight encounters.
- Four of the last six clashes have seen one side score at least three goals.
- The Seagulls have won all four games they've played this term.
- Three penalties have been netted in Brighton's last three games combined.
- Blackpool have failed to score in all but one of their last six league games.
- Brighton have scored in each of their last 19 league games.
Bristol City v Portsmouth
- The two meetings between these clubs last season saw six different players score a goal and one other player net an own goal.
- The Robins have lost three of their last four home matches.
- Portsmouth have not won on the road in five games, and have drawn their last three.
- Four of Portsmouth's last six matches have ended 1-0.
- All three goals City have scored this season have been scored by Nicky Maynard.
- The Robins have conceded exactly three goals in four of their last seven fixtures.
Burnley v Cardiff
- Burnley have not lost at home to Cardiff in their last 11 matches, but have drawn the last three.
- The Clarets have not lost at Turf Moor in their last six fixtures there.
- Three of Cardiff's four matches this term have ended with a 3-1 score line - twice in favour of Cardiff.
- Three of the four league goals Cardiff have conceded this season have come in the second half.
- With his four goals in the League Cup against Oxford, Burnley's Jay Rodriguez has already scored over a quarter of his total tally for last season.
- Four of the last five clashes between the sides have ended in score draws.
Coventry v Watford
- Lucas Jutkiewicz scored against Watford for Coventry both times they met last term.
- Despite winning the clash last season, Coventry have lost three of their last four meetings with Watford at the Ricoh Arena.
- The Hornets haven't won in their last six away matches, and have lost four of those.
- Watford have failed to win in their last six games overall, and have yet to earn a full three points in the league this season.
- Coventry have lost all four games they have played this season.
- Six of the seven goals Coventry have conceded in all competitions this term have come in the second half.
Derby v Doncaster
- The two clashes between these sides last season saw three different players score a brace (Sharp and Shiels for Doncaster, Commons for Derby)
- Doncaster have beaten Derby in five of their last six league meetings.
- The Rovers have yet to earn a point in the league this season, and have lost each of their three games thus far by just one goal.
- All of the Rams' last five games in all competitions have been decided by one-goal margins, with Derby winning three.
- Derby have yet to drop points in the league this season.
- Derby's last four goals in all competitions have come in the second half.
Hull v Crystal Palace
- Five of the last six meetings between these sides have ended as a draw.
- Palace have scored against Hull in all but one of their last nine encounters.
- Hull have yet to score a goal at home this season.
- The Tigers have gone eight home league games without a clean sheet.
- Palace's Sean Scannell has scored two goals in Palace's last three games.
- Crystal Palace have not won on the road in their last 19 away matches.
Nottingham Forest v Leicester
- Forest have not lost to Leicester at home in their last 14 league clashes at the City Ground.
- Forest manager Steve McClaren has never lost against Leicester.
- The two clashes between these sides last term saw six different players find the back of the net.
- In both meetings last season, the score was level at half-time but the game ended with a win for the home team.
- Nottingham Forest have failed to score in three of their last five league matches.
- The away side has won in all four of Leicester's fixtures this term, with Leicester winning twice.
- Five of the Foxes' six goals this season have come in the second half.
Reading v Barnsley
- Reading have won their last four clashes with Barnsley, and have not lost to the Tykes in the league since March1997.
- The Royals have won just one of their last five home games in all competitions.
- Barnsley have yet to record a win this term.
- All four goals Reading scored against Barnsley in their two meetings last term came after the 70th minute.
- The Tykes have not had a player score a goal yet this season - their only goal came last Tuesday against Middlesbrough, and was an own goal.
Southampton v Millwall
- The last two matches between these clubs ended as 1-1 draws.
- Southampton have not lost to Millwall in their last eight clashes in all competitions, with their last loss coming in August 1989.
- The Saints have scored 13 goals in their four matches this season - an average of just over three goals per game.
- Southampton have already had three players net three goals this season (Lambert, Connolly and Lallana)
- The Lions have only lost one of their last four away ties.
- Millwall have scored two goals in each of their three league games this season.
Peterborough v Ipswich
- The Posh have only lost to Ipswich once in their seven previous meetings - the loss coming in 1972.
- Ipswich have lost four of their last five games in all comps.
- New signing Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has already scored twice in his first four games for the Tractor Boys.
- The Posh have scored in their last 16 games in all competitions.
- Grant McCann has scored in his last three games at London Road.
West Ham v Leeds
- Leeds have not lost to the Hammers in their last seven meetings, and have won five of those.
- The home side has failed to score in each of West Ham's last four games.
- All five goals West Ham have scored this season have come from different players.
- Leeds have scored in all but one of their last six matches.
- Leeds' four games this season have seen 15 goals - an average of just under four goals per game.
- The last two clashes between these sides saw Leeds score after the 85th minute to secure additional points.
Middlesbrough v Birmingham
- The last five matches between these clubs have seen one side keep a clean sheet (three for 'Boro, two for Birmingham)
- Marvin Emnes has scored in all four of 'Boro's games this season, with a tally of six goals.
- 'Boro's last three games in all comps have seen three players sent off for the opposition.
- The Blues have not won any of their last eight away matches.
- Birmingham have scored in five of their last six fixtures.
- None of the last 10 clashes between these sides have ended as a draw, although the last draw came when the sides last met outside the Premier League (1-1 in Feb 1998).