Championship Opta Facts 20 Nov – 23 Nov
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Swansea City v Derby County
- Three of the last four meetings between the two sides (in all competitions) have ended in stalemate.
- The Swans have failed to win against the Rams in their last nine meetings (in all competitions).
- Swansea are the division’s lowest scorers, with just 14 goals so far.
- Swansea City have conceded only four goals in their last 10 Championship fixtures.
- Derby have won only two points from their eight away games in the league this term – fewer than any other side in the Championship.
Barnsley v Cardiff City
- Cardiff have won six of their last seven meetings with Barnsley (in all competitions), drawing the other.
- The Tykes have failed to find the net in three of their last four meetings with the Bluebirds (in all competitions).
- Cardiff have been the most clinical side in the Championship, converting a league-high 22% of their chances.
- The Bluebirds have been awarded a division-high six penalties so far this season, scoring all of them.
- Barnsley striker Daniel Bogdanovic has scored in three successive league matches.
Coventry City v Crystal Palace
- None of the last five meetings between the two sides has ended in a win for the home team.
- The Sky Blues have now gone nine games against the Eagles without securing a victory (in all competitions).
- Coventry have mustered a league-low 128 shots this season.
- Palace are the top crossers in the Championship, finding a team-mate with 49.7% of their centres this season.
- Coventry have scored only two goals in their last five league games.
- Darren Ambrose has scored in four successive league matches for the Eagles.
Doncaster Rovers v QPR
- Six of the last seven meetings between the two sides (in all competitions) have ended in wins for the home side (the other game ended in a draw).
- Rangers’ winger Wayne Routledge is the top creative in the division with seven assists so far this season.
- QPR have hit the woodwork a league-high eight times so far this season.
- Doncaster are the division’s most accurate passers, finding a team-mate with a league-high 77% of their passes.
- No side has scored more goals than QPR from their last six league matches (16).
Ipswich Town v Sheffield Wednesday
- Ipswich are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Sheffield Wednesday, winning two and drawing two.
- As a player, Roy Keane played against the Owls nine times in total in the Premier League, winning five and losing four, and never scored a league goal against them.
- Keane’s former Forest team-mate and the current Wednesday boss Brian Laws made two Premier League appearances against Ipswich, losing both.
- Wednesday have collected only two victories in their last 11 league matches.
- Ipswich have scored exactly one goal in six successive league games, with four of their last five games ending 1-1.
Leicester City v Plymouth Argyle
- Leicester’s Steve Howard has mustered 25 shots division without scoring, a league-high.
- The Foxes have failed to score in each of their last three meetings with Plymouth Argyle.
- Plymouth have only been able to win once in their previous 20 away trips to Leicester.
- Leicester have conceded only four goals in their last seven league games.
- Seven of the last nine goals that Plymouth have conceded have arrived in the second half.
Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest
- Boro have picked up a joint-league-high 29 bookings so far.
- The last five meetings between these two in Middlesbrough have ended in a draw.
- Middlesbrough have won only one of their last 29 competitive meetings with Forest.
- Boro have lost and failed to score in four of their last five league games at the Riverside.
- Forest are the only remaining unbeaten side away from home in the Championship this term, but have also drawn more games away than any other side (6).
Reading v Blackpool
- Reading are unbeaten in their last six meetings with Blackpool, winning four of their last five encounters.
- Blackpool have only scored five goals in their last 11 away trips to Reading.
- Blackpool are unbeaten in five league games, conceding only four goals in the process.
- The Royals have the worst home record in the Championship; collecting only four points from their eight matches at the Madejski Stadium.
- There have been fewer goals at the Madejski stadium this season (12) than at any other Championship ground.
Sheffield United v Peterborough United
- The Blades have conceded a league-high 224 fouls so far this season and have also picked up a joint-league-high 29 yellow cards so far.
- Sheffield United are unbeaten in each of their previous five meetings (in all competitions) with the Posh.
- New Peterborough manager Mark Cooper remained unbeaten in his final eight league games in charge of Kettering Town.
- Darius Henderson has scored four goals in his last three league appearances for the Blades.
- Peterborough have only been able to win once in their last eight league matches.
Watford v Scunthorpe United
- Scunthorpe have the most porous defence in the division, conceding a league-high 32 goals so far.
- Watford remain the only side in the division yet to win a penalty.
- The Hornets have won six of their last seven home matches against Scunthorpe United (in all competitions).
- In fact, Scunthorpe have only won two of their last 13 meetings with Watford.
- Scunthorpe have lost three successive league games, scoring only one goal in the process.
West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City
- The Baggies have fired in a division-high 88 shots on target.
- Bristol City have only been able to win one of their last seven meetings with WBA.
- West Brom’s last meeting with Bristol City saw them equal their biggest-ever win against the Robins (4-1) in what was their 43rd encounter with one another.
- West Brom have conceded only three goals in their last six league games.
- City are unbeaten in seven league matches.
Preston North End v Newcastle United
- Preston are the division’s most accurate side, hitting the target with a league-high 55.1% of their shots.
- The Magpies are the best defensive side in the Championship so far, shipping a league-low 10 goals so far.
- Newcastle have netted a division-high nine headed goals so far.
- Preston have managed only three goals in their last six matches against Newcastle United (in all competitions).
- The Lilywhites have only managed to pick up one victory in their last seven league games.