Italian Serie A Opta Facts 20 Nov – 23 Nov
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bologna v Inter
- Bologna have picked up only one point in their last eight league meetings with Inter.
- The Nerazzurri have had the better of Bologna in their last four trips to the Dall’Ara in Serie A.
- These two sides have not shared the points at Bologna’s ground in the last nine games; the last draw was back in 1996/97.
- Bologna have won their last two games at home since new manager, Franco Colomba, took over.
- A draw in the last round against Roma ended Inter’s run of five consecutive wins in the league.
- The Nerazzurri have conceded only two goals away from home this term.
Fiorentina v Parma
- Fiorentina have won six of their last seven league meetings against Parma, losing the other.
- The Viola have beaten Parma in their last four Serie A meetings at the Franchi.
- Cesare Prandelli’s side have won their last two consecutive fixtures, but were successful only once in the last three at home.
- Parma have managed to pick up only one point from their last three away fixtures in Serie A.
- Current Parma manager, Francesco Guidolin, is unbeaten against Fiorentina’s Cesare Prandelli in nine meetings in the top flight (six wins and three draws).
Juventus v Udinese
- Juventus and Udinese have shared the points only once in their last 16 league meetings (in 2003/04), the Old Lady have lost just three of these.
- In Turin these two sides have not drawn in their last 15 meetings in the top flight (12 wins to the hosts).
- Juventus have had the better of their visitors on six of the last seven occasions they have hosted Udinese in the league.
- Ciro Ferrarra’s side have netted 12 goals over the last three match-days.
- However, the Old Lady have taken all three points only once in their last four games at home.
- Udinese have managed only one win in the last six match-days, losing four times.
Livorno v Genoa
- Livorno and Genoa have shared the points in seven of their last eight league meetings, four times with the same scoreline (1-1).
- In the eight games played between these two sides in Livorno there have been seven draws.
- After two wins in the first two games since the arrival of new manager, Serse Cosmi, Livorno have lost successive games against Bari and Inter, without scoring a single goal.
- The last time the Tuscans managed to score more than one goal in a single game in the top flight was before relegation in 2007/08.
- Livorno have only one win in their last 12 home fixtures.
AC Milan v Cagliari
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last 13 league meetings with Cagliari, and have won nine.
- AC Milan have beaten Cagliari in their last five encounters at the San Siro, with the Sardinians able to score only two goals in the process.
- Leonardo’s side are on a run of nine consecutive unbeaten games (seven in the league and two in the Champions League).
- Cagliari are also on a run of four consecutive wins in the league, and have kept clean sheets in the last three.
- The last time they managed four consecutive wins in the league was back in 1971/72.
- Cagliari have shared the points only once in their last 11 home fixtures in the league.
Napoli v Lazio
- Napoli have beaten Lazio only once in the last five Serie A meetings, losing three times.
- The Partenopei’s last win at the San Paolo with Lazio was back in 1996/97; since then, two draws and as many wins to the guests.
- Napoli are still unbeaten with new manager, Walter Mazzarri (three wins and two draws).
- After two wins in the two opening games of the season, Lazio have failed to win in the following 10 (five defeats and as many draws).
- Napoli have conceded the most goals in the first 15 minutes of play (five), and have also scored the most in the last 15 minutes (six).
Palermo v Catania
- This will be the 11th Sicilian derby in the top flight between Palermo and Catania: both sides have won three times, with four draws completing the record.
- Catania have had the better in three of their last four meetings with Palermo.
- The Rosanero have won only one point in their last three fixtures, though they are still unbeaten in the last 12 at home.
- Walter Zenga’s side have kept a clean sheet in their last three games at home in the league.
- Catania have managed only one win in their last 13 Serie A games.
- Away from home, the Rossoblu have collected only three points in their last 12 games.
Roma v Bari
- Roma are unbeaten against Bari since 1991/92; since then, these two sides have met 13 times in the top flight, with the Giallorossi winning on nine occasions.
- The Giallorossi are unbeaten at the Olimpico in their 28 previous meetings against Bari in Serie A.
- Claudio Ranieri’s side have won only one of their last five Serie A meetings.
- Roma have kept only one clean sheet over the last 12 home fixtures in the league.
- Bari have failed to score in three of their last four games on the road in the league, however they have picked up five points in the process.
- The team from Puglia are also the only team yet to concede the first goal before half time this term.
Sampdoria v Chievo
- All of the last three Serie A meetings between Sampdoria and Chievo have ended in a draw, and always by the same scoreline (1-1).
- These two sides have met 10 times in the top flight: Samp lead by four wins to one, with five draws.
- The Blucerchiati have won only once in their last six match-days.
- However, at home Samp are unbeaten in their last 15 fixtures (their last defeat at the Marassi was last January, against Palermo).
- Chievo have picked up 10 points from their last five games away from home, only Inter, AC Milan and Juventus have done better this term.
Siena v Atalanta
- Next Sunday these two sides will meet for the ninth time in the top flight: both have won twice, with four draws.
- Siena are unbeaten in their four previous meetings with Atalanta at home (two wins and as many draws).
- Siena are winless since match-day 2 this season, since then they have lost seven and drawn three.
- Siena have netted only one goal in their last four meetings at home in the league, though it was enough for three draws.