Premier League Opta Facts 21 Nov – 22 Nov
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Burnley v Aston Villa
- Burnley have won four and lost none of the last six league meetings with Aston Villa. The Villans' last league win over Burnley came in April 1966.
- The Clarets have conceded three or more goals in six of their last nine Premier League outings.
- Aston Villa have scored six headed goals – more than any other team in the top division.
- Aston Villa are the only team in the Premier League who have not conceded a headed goal in 2009-10.
- Brad Friedel of Aston Villa has the best saves to shots ratio of regular 'keepers at 79%.
- Only Manchester United and Chelsea have earned more points at home than Burnley this season.
Chelsea v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Chelsea scored five goals in both of their previous Premier League encounters with Wolves and Frank Lampard scored in both.
- 83% of Wolves’ goals have been netted in the second half – the highest proportion in the top flight.
- 75% of Wolves’ goals have come from set plays – the highest proportion in the top flight this season.
- 75% of the goals Chelsea have conceded have come from set pieces – the highest percentage in the top division.
- Didier Drogba has fired in more shots on target than any other player – 32.
- Since conceding to Hull on the opening day of the season, Chelsea have scored 26 unanswered goals on home soil in all competitions and have not conceded now for 14 hours and 32 minutes at Stanford Bridge.
Hull City v West Ham United
- Five of Hull's 11 wins in the Premier League have come against London sides.
- Both matches between Hull and West Ham last season ended as home wins with the away team failing to score.
- The Tigers have won three and lost only one of their last five league games at the KC Stadium and have shipped just three goals in this period.
- All six of Hull’s Premier League wins at home have been by a one-goal margin.
- West Ham have won only one of their last 11 Premier League matches.
- Carlton Cole has scored in six Premier League games this season and the Hammers have won none of them.
Liverpool v Manchester City
- Manchester City have scored just three goals in total in their last eight games against Liverpool.
- Man City have only won one of 12 Premier League visits to Anfield.
- Dirk Kuyt scored in both league appearances against Manchester City last season – both goals were in the final 15 minutes and earned three points extra in total as one was a late equaliser and the other a late winner.
- Liverpool have won just one of their last nine games in all competitions.
- Man City have drawn their last five Premier League games in a row – the Premier League record is seven consecutive draws.
- City have only lost one league game this season – fewer than any other team.
- Man City have won only four out of 25 Premier League away games in Mark Hughes’ reign.
Manchester United v Everton
- Wayne Rooney has either scored (61) or assisted (37) 98 goals since the start of 2005/06 in the Premier League.
- Man Utd are the only team in the Premier League who have not dropped any points from a winning position in the league this season.
- Everton have only won one of their last 28 Premier League meetings with Man Utd.
- Since losing to Everton in August 1992, Man Utd have won 13 and drawn three of the 16 games with the Toffees at Old Trafford.
- United have scored 69 goals against Everton – more than against any other opponent in the Premier League.
- Man Utd have won 26 and lost just one of their last 30 Premier League matches at Old Trafford.
- In the last two and bit seasons, United’s only two home defeats in Premier League matches have come in north west derbies (v Liverpool and Manchester City).
Sunderland v Arsenal
- Arsenal have managed a Premier League record 36 goals from their opening 11 matches.
- Sunderland have scored five goals in the opening 15 minutes of games – more than any other side.
- Arsenal have only won three of their last 11 Premier League away games in the north east, but have lost only one of the last nine.
- The Black Cats have the league’s worst disciplinary record with 23 yellow cards and two red.
- Arsenal have not lost any of their last 11 league meetings with Sunderland, but both matches last season ended as draws.
- Cesc Fabregas has scored in both of his Premier League appearances at the Stadium of Light.
Bolton Wanderers v Blackburn Rovers
- Blackburn are unbeaten in their last five Premier League games against Wanderers.
- Furthermore, Rovers are unbeaten in their last eight Premier League trips to the Reebok Stadium.
- Bolton have scored the most goals from set plays this season – 11.
- There have been more away wins (6) than home wins (5) between Bolton and Blackburn in the Premier League era and nine of the 20 games have been draws.
- Benni McCarthy has scored five goals in five Premier League starts against Bolton. The South African has netted more against the Trotters than any other opponent.
- Rovers have lost 10 consecutive away matches in the Premier League – only four teams have ever had a longer run.
Stoke City v Portsmouth
- Stoke have netted 67% of their goals in the first half – the highest percentage in the Premier League.
- 73% of the goals Stoke have conceded have been shipped after half-time – the highest percentage in the Premier League, with 40% of all their goals coming in the final 15 minutes.
- Unsurprisingly, Stoke have dropped more points from winning positions than any other side – 12.
- Pompey have the worst shooting accuracy in the top flight finding the target with just 34% of their attempts.
- Stoke have only kept one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League matches.
- Portsmouth have won only one of their last 19 Premier League away games.
Tottenham Hotspur v Wigan Athletic
- Spurs have conceded more goals from opposition midfield players than any other team in the top flight this season - 10.
- After 21 goals in the first five league meetings between Spurs and Wigan, there have been just three in the last three Premier League encounters.
- Half of the eight league meetings between Spurs and Wigan have been draws.
- Jermain Defoe has scored four goals in five Premier League starts against Wigan.
- Jordi Gomez has had 20 shots so far this season – more than any other player who is yet to find the net.
- Only the Big Four have picked up more points than Spurs in 2009.