Championship Opta Facts - 20 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackpool v Sheffield United
- Three of the last four clashes between Blackpool and Sheffield United have ended in draws.
- The Blades are unbeaten in eight league matches against the Seasiders.
- Blackpool have won their last four home matches in the Championship.
- Ian Holloway's men have conceded just one goal in their last five league outings at Bloomfield Road.
- Sheffield United have lost three successive away fixtures in the league.
- 'Pool have scored at least twice in each of their last four home league matches, and the Blades have conceded at least twice in their last three on the road.
Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle
- Bristol City have lost just one of their last 20 matches at home to Plymouth.
- The visiting side has scored exactly two goals the last three times that Bristol City and Plymouth have met.
- The Robins' last seven goals in matches against Plymouth have come in the second half.
- If only points at home counted this season, Bristol City would be joint-top of the Championship with Newcastle and Blackpool.
- However, City have drawn two of their last three league matches at Ashton Gate with a score of 1-1.
- Plymouth lost last time out in the Championship, but won their two games before this.
- All five of Argyle's goals in their last six league matches have come in the second half.
Cardiff City v Coventry City
- Cardiff won both their meetings with Coventry last season, scoring twice in each game.
- Jay Bothroyd and Ross McCormack both scored in both fixtures against the Sky Blues in 2008/09.
- The Bluebirds have won just one of their last four games at home in the Championship.
- Coventry have lost three of their last four matches on the road in the league.
- The Sky Blues have conceded at least twice in each of their last four away Championship clashes.
- Pete Whittingham has opened the scoring for Cardiff in their last four league matches.
Doncaster Rovers v Peterborough United
- Rovers have won their last three meetings with the Posh.
- The visiting side has gone home victorious on four of the last five occasions that Peterborough have met Doncaster.
- Rovers have not won any of their last seven in the league, drawing five.
- Doncaster have already drawn more matches this season in the Championship (8) than they did in the whole of the 2008/09 campaign (7).
- Three of the Posh's last four away matches in the league have ended 1-1.
- Along with Plymouth, Peterborough are the only side yet to manage a shut-out in the Championship this season.
Ipswich Town v Watford
- Watford have won seven of their last eight matches against Ipswich.
- The Tractor Boys have managed only three goals in their last seven games against Watford.
- Ipswich are the only team yet to win in the Championship this season.
- No side has conceded as many goals as the Tractor Boys in the competition.
- Three of Ipswich's last four matches at Portman Road in the league have ended 1-1.
- Watford have taken 11 points on the road this season in the Championship - only Middlesbrough have taken more (13).
- Whenever the Hornets have kept a clean sheet, they have won 1-0 in the league this season.
Leicester City v Crystal Palace
- Crystal Palace have prevented Leicester from scoring in three of their last four league trips to Selhurst Park.
- The away side has not won this fixture in 10 attempts.
- Leicester have not managed a win in the league in their last three fixtures at home.
- The Foxes' last three league matches have produced only three goals.
- Palace are unbeaten in five in the Championship, winning three.
- The Eagles have not conceded more than once in any of their league games on the road this season.
Middlesbrough v Derby County
- Middlesbrough have won their last three matches against Derby 1-0 after scoring in the first half.
- The Rams have scored just one goal in total in their last five matches against 'Boro, losing each time.
- Middlesbrough have lost their last three league matches at Riverside, failing to score each time.
- Derby have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four league matches, conceding six in the other.
- No side has picked up fewer points on the road in the Championship this season than the Rams - 2. Both points came in 0-0 draws.
Nottingham Forest v Barnsley
- Barnsley have won just one of their last 10 trips to the City Ground.
- The Tykes have failed to find the net in four of their last five away matches against Nottingham Forest.
- Forest are currently the only side on a four-match winning streak in the Championship.
- However, their opposition, Barnsley, are the only other team in the competition to be on a run of more than one straight win (3).
- None of Forest's home matches has ended in a draw in the league this season.
- Dexter Blackstock has scored in four of his last five league outings at the City Ground.
QPR v Reading
- The two meetings between QPR and Reading ended goalless last season, and the last eight clashes have produced just eight goals.
- The Royals are unbeaten in nine matches against the Hoops.
- QPR have scored nine goals in their last two league matches at Loftus Road.
- Akos Buzsaky has scored three of these.
- The Royals have won only one of their last seven league outings.
- Brendan Rodgers' men have scored in four consecutive away matches in the league.
- Seven of Reading's 10 points in the Championship this season have come away from home.
Scunthorpe United v Newcastle United
- Though they last met in the league in 1964, Scunthorpe have won all three of their league matches at home to Newcastle.
- At least two goals have been scored in each of the 10 meetings between the two teams.
- All four of Scunthorpe's wins in the league this season have come after they have scored three goals or more.
- The Iron have kept only one clean sheet in the league this season.
- Grant McCann has scored four goals in his last three outings at Glanford Park.
- Newcastle are without a win in three in the Championship, losing two of their last three on the road.
Sheffield Wednesday v Preston North End
- Both meetings between Preston and Sheffield Wednesday last season ended 1-1.
- The side scoring first has not gone on to win in any of the last three meetings between Preston and Sheffield Wednesday.
- The Lilywhites have won on four of their last seven trips to Hillsbrough.
- Sheffield Wednesday have won their last two matches at home in the league.
- The Owls have opened the scoring within four minutes of the start in their last three league matches at Hillsbrough, and there has been at least one goal before the 10th minute in every league game there this season.
- The Lilywhites have gone three league matches without a win, scoring only one goal.
West Bromwich Albion v Swansea City
- West Brom have won their last three matches at home to Swansea.
- The visiting side has failed to find the net in four of the last five league clashes between the Baggies and the Swans (including the play-offs).
- West Brom have won four of their last five league matches at the Hawthorns.
- The Baggies have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last four games at home in the Championship.
- Swansea are undefeated in six matches in the Championship, winning twice.
- The Swans have conceded only two goals in this period.
- However Swansea have scored only one goal in their last four away matches in the league.