Championship Opta Facts - 21 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Charlton v Cardiff
- The last five matches have seen the winning side manage 14 goals in total, with the losing side scoring only once – two wins to Cardiff and three to Charlton.
- Ross McCormack scored both goals in his side’s 2-0 win over the Addicks earlier this season – he has also managed a brace in two of his last three league matches.
- McCormack has scored seven times in Cardiff’s last eight league fixtures, with six of these coming in the 85th minute or later.
- After winning three consecutive league matches, averaging three goals per game, the Bluebirds were thrashed 6-0 at Preston on Saturday.
- Despite already being relegated, Charlton are unbeaten in five league matches, drawing four – a run beaten only by Birmingham and Sheffield United.
- The Addicks have kept four clean sheets in their last seven league games at The Valley.
Coventry v Barnsley
- The Sky Blues have won their last six meetings with Barnsley in a row – scoring exactly four goals on four occasions.
- Coventry’s last defeat at home to the Tykes came back in 1923 – since then they have met in the Midlands 18 times.
- Barnsley have come home empty-handed on three of their four away trips to play against teams from the Midlands in the Championship this season, drawing the other and failing to find the back of the net on all four occasions.
- Both sides have taken all three points on only one occasion since February.
- Chris Coleman’s side have failed to score in four of their last five in the league.
- City are the only Championship side to have scored more than twice in a match on just one occasion this season.
Derby v Reading
- Reading have taken all three points in their last four encounters with Derby, scoring 13 goals whilst conceding none.
- Kevin Doyle has scored in his last five meetings with the Rams with Reading, including a brace in their encounter at the Madejski earlier this season. All but one of the six goals he has scored have come in the last 30 minutes of games.
- County have lost three of their last four league matches.
- However, at Pride Park the Rams have only lost one in seven in the Championship.
- A win in this match would see the Royals virtually confirming their place in the play-offs. However, Steve Coppell’s side are without a win in five, and have failed to find the back of the net in four of these matches.
- On the road though the Berkshire side have not lost in seven in the league, despite drawing five times.